`Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

`Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????

I wonder if its his decision ...if u sit Rask you protect his actual value....if u play him and he wins ...u increase his value but if ever he loses big time you decrease his value ...hummmm big gamble or we simply sit him and wait for the trade to come ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????

In Response to `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????:
    I wonder if its his decision ...if u sit Rask you protect his actual value....if u play him and he wins ...u increase his value but if ever he loses big time you decrease his value ...hummmm big gamble or we simply sit him and wait for the trade to come ??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012

Well now everything makes more sence, your from the future !! today is Monday and we play them on Wednesday :) . I think he sits personaly, they need to get Timmah's confidence back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya TR will resume his duties as back up goalie for much of the remaining season. Playoffs are around the corner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

it doesn't matter if they can't score!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Bruins are not going to make a major trade with CBJ for Nash.
    The asking price is very very high and Howson just met with Philly on the weekend and we all know they have no goalie to offer. Nash is not going to Philly.   James van Riemsdyk, Sergei Bobrovsky, Brayden Schenn, or Sean Couturierare believed to be part of the asking price. (cut and pasted from TSN.CA).
    A trade like that is one step forward, 3 steps back.
    Now it's the Leaf's turn?  Something like Schenn, Reimer , Kadri and a 1st round pick. This one is a rumour but Burke would be dreaming if that would happen.

Chiarelli will not gut his Stanley cup winning team so guys/gals stop dreaming Nash! 
    It's going to take more than just Rask, Krejci , Spooner ....  Not going to happen !

As for starting Rask on Wednesday .... I say no,  the Bruins need to get back in a rhythm and establish a no1.  Thomas does not need to rest .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Rask's value is already set. Every GM in the league knows exactly what they'll get, what he's worth, what they would have to give up. 1-2 games this week won't make a lick of difference...it's not like Hennessey or Hamill or some other guy they need to bring up and showcase.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with asmaha, no impact to Rask or TT's value due to the recent play.

That said, these two have been very average lately.  Seems like every Bruins mistake ends up in the net.  It would be great to see either guy heat up and be the stopper. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????:
    The Bruins are not going to make a major trade with CBJ for Nash. The asking price is very very high and Howson just met with Philly on the weekend and we all know they have no goalie to offer. Nash is not going to Philly.   James van Riemsdyk , Sergei Bobrovsky , Brayden Schenn , or Sean Couturier are believed to be part of the asking price. (cut and pasted from TSN.CA). A trade like that is one step forward, 3 steps back. Now it's the Leaf's turn?  Something like Schenn, Reimer , Kadri and a 1st round pick. This one is a rumour but Burke would be dreaming if that would happen. Chiarelli will not gut his Stanley cup winning team so guys/gals stop dreaming Nash!  It's going to take more than just Rask, Krejci , Spooner ....  Not going to happen ! As for starting Rask on Wednesday .... I say no,  the Bruins need to get back in a rhythm and establish a no1.  Thomas does not need to rest .
    Posted by BsLegion

The Blue Jackets might not trade Nash by the deadline at all. They might just get better offers with no deadline and playoffs looming. A lot of teams are gearing up for a playoff run by wanting to keep their assets. A trade for Nash will command a lot.

By waiting till after the season is over with those teams could now concentrate on re-tooling for the next season with not worrying about giving up to much for a run at the cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jackets waited on this one. It's a big move for this franchise. On the other hand now that I've posted this they'll probably trade him today. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : The Blue Jackets might not trade Nash by the deadline at all. They might just get better offers with no deadline and playoffs looming. A lot of teams are gearing up for a playoff run by wanting to keep their assets. A trade for Nash will command a lot. By waiting till after the season is over with those teams could now concentrate on re-tooling for the next season with not worrying about giving up to much for a run at the cup. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jackets waited on this one. It's a big move for this franchise. On the other hand now that I've posted this they'll probably trade him today.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Very good points Mr.ChowDown !

While everyone of circulating this PC should sneak around these talks and see (like you said on another thread) about securing another forward to push the under achievers down the depth chart and become a 13th fwd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

The Bruins are not going to make a major trade with CBJ for Nash. The asking price is very very high and Howson just met with Philly on the weekend and we all know they have no goalie to offer. Nash is not going to Philly.   James van Riemsdyk , Sergei Bobrovsky , Brayden Schenn , or Sean Couturier are believed to be part of the asking price. (cut and pasted from TSN.CA). A trade like that is one step forward, 3 steps back. Now it's the Leaf's turn?  Something like Schenn, Reimer , Kadri and a 1st round pick. This one is a rumour but Burke would be dreaming if that would happen. Chiarelli will not gut his Stanley cup winning team so guys/gals stop dreaming Nash!  It's going to take more than just Rask, Krejci , Spooner ....  Not going to happen ! As for starting Rask on Wednesday .... I say no,  the Bruins need to get back in a rhythm and establish a no1.  Thomas does not need to rest .
    Posted by BsLegion

The Leafs don't need Nash to get them over the top.

They need God Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I see no reason to play Tuuka right now. He's back to his deer in headlights ways. TT can not be faulted for a 2-0 loss. Let him play and keep the team in games especially during the team's slumping offense. Tuuka received a ton of offense during his hot run earlier this year. He never seems to do well in close games. I'd play TT 5 straight, it's not like he doesn't want the work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

There is zero obvious need to emasculate anything to acquire Nash. Nov./Dec. proved that. Still Horton and Peverly are two "hard to replace" assets, but Claude needs to open his eyes a bit more. Pouliot has not been any help for Kreji and Lucic; in fact he hasn't been helpful on any line because he is helter skelter on the ice, and very inconsistent. First move is to replace Pouliot. Then Corvo, who has zero idea on how to play defensive hockey, should be shelved for a while. Why not try Bodnarchuck?? Come on Claude. Tuuka does a very good job in goal, but he cannot do that, and also play defense. Wake up Captain Chara. Timmy is still a bit too ho-hum, plus his acrobatics sem overworked and leave him WAAAy out of position. Does this indicate a diminishing in his athletic skills by age [tiredness][ unresponsive muscles ?] some of these problems start with the coach, who, as good as he is, sometimes is too stubborn to be innovative. Time for a Cam pep talk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

I agree that the price they are asking for Nash doesnt make sense ...but there are still interesting player that we can get for Rask ,,,I wonder what the Black Hawks would be willing to give for Rask ???   Or even the Caps ...and talking about Henessy I wonder why CJ doesnt give him more ice time since no one else seems to be abble to score these days ...the kid hasnt make any mistake , plays hard and has talent but in 2 games he played just over 15 minutes ...why not give him 12-13 minutes to see if he can prove himself ! ! ! !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by BsLegion

Columbus would be wise to jump on that offer. PC would be nuts to make it.  Everybody forgets about the money.  Nash has several years remaining at almost 8 mil.  His overall value is somewhat diminished by that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : The Leafs don't need Nash to get them over the top. They need God
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I thought Burke was already the GM !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

There is zero obvious need to emasculate anything to acquire Nash. Nov./Dec. proved that. Still Horton and Peverly are two "hard to replace" assets, but Claude needs to open his eyes a bit more. Pouliot has not been any help for Kreji and Lucic; in fact he hasn't been helpful on any line because he is helter skelter on the ice, and very inconsistent. First move is to replace Pouliot. Then Corvo, who has zero idea on how to play defensive hockey, should be shelved for a while. Why not try Bodnarchuck?? Come on Claude. Tuuka does a very good job in goal, but he cannot do that, and also play defense. Wake up Captain Chara. Timmy is still a bit too ho-hum, plus his acrobatics sem overworked and leave him WAAAy out of position. Does this indicate a diminishing in his athletic skills by age [tiredness][ unresponsive muscles ?] some of these problems start with the coach, who, as good as he is, sometimes is too stubborn to be innovative. Time for a Cam pep talk.
    Posted by bogie6

I was thinking the same thing about a certain poster and his posts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : Very good points Mr.ChowDown ! While everyone of circulating this PC should sneak around these talks and see (like you said on another thread) about securing another forward to push the under achievers down the depth chart and become a 13th fwd.
    Posted by BsLegion

Chowing down ! One of things I do best in life. I can eat with the best of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : Columbus would be wise to jump on that offer. PC would be nuts to make it.  Everybody forgets about the money.  Nash has several years remaining at almost 8 mil.  His overall value is somewhat diminished by that.
    Posted by stevegm

Seems to be the missing element in the Nash Hoopla.  He is in year 2 of an 8 year deal and is only 27.  Why would CLB want to trade him as opposed to building around him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : Seems to be the missing element in the Nash Hoopla.  He is in year 2 of an 8 year deal and is only 27.  Why would CLB want to trade him as opposed to building around him?
    Posted by Crowls2424

Ka-ching!  If this is a hockey related decision, the BJ's have given up on him...plain and simple.  They don't need to worry about losing him to FA.  He's locked into the roster for 6 plus years.  That's basically eternity.  If it's a hockey decision, they've decided they'd sooner build around someone else, cuz they are in rebuilding mode with, or without him.
    If it's economics(they're almost against the cap), then they want rid of his salary.  If it's economics, they don't want to replace those dollars with  marquee players, they just want rid of them.  The best, as well as cheapest way to build a powerhouse over time...is through picks and deals regarding prospects.
    Me thinks the BJ's know they're a ways from being competitive, and since it's not a great hockey market anyway, the owners would prefer to rebuild a lot cheaper.
    Either way, hockey, or business, there's excess baggage.  Most of the really good teams would need to decimate their core, even if he came for nothing(cuz they'd have to make big moves just to clear cap space).
    If Nash had even 2 more years at 7.8 things would be different, but I'm thinking his contract duration is a problem for most GM's.  For those left that don't mind the length, they've got the cap issues, and for the remaining, it's all about what has to be given up.  Contenders don't want to give up much of anything at this time of year.
    If Nash goes, I expect the meat to be blue chip prospects and picks, not block-buster with several names changing address.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I see no reason to play Tuuka right now. He's back to his deer in headlights ways. TT can not be faulted for a 2-0 loss. Let him play and keep the team in games especially during the team's slumping offense. Tuuka received a ton of offense during his hot run earlier this year. He never seems to do well in close games. I'd play TT 5 straight, it's not like he doesn't want the work.
    Posted by dannycater

He can still be faulted in a 1-0 loss! That first goal sagged the team. The d were jumping in the play. They were allowing shots to the outside & Thomas was doing his job. He didn't on that first goal. The guy is supposed to be the elite of this league & he's not playing like it. Rask is playing worse, that's the only reason he's not getting more starts. A short side goal on a one on one isn't excuseable. Sure the team needs to score to support Thomas. They were trying, but this team is fragile right now. Thomas needs to make those saves. Everybody knows I'm Timmy's biggest fan, but I also know the postion. I also know what he's capable of. I'm also honest & objective. Thomas wasn't the reason this team lost, but he was part of the reason, It'd be a lot different if he made 40-45 saves & the B's had 20 & lost 1, or 2 nothing, but that isn't the case here. This is a lot more than a slump! It's a sinking ship going down fast.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by bogie6

He was the only one who scored in the last win they had! So I don't see how you can underline him. Lucic was invisible against the Habs & that's usually when we see Lucic at his best. Not against Nashville!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Posted by dannycater

Yep, we are very quickly back to the "Rask is bad; TT is not to be faulted" routine.  Neither goalie is playing well. When you give up a weak goal like Thomas did to go 1-0 against Minn and you know the B's will never score, it hurts as much as a weak goal in the third period. As I said, neither goalie is playing particularly well.

Rask historically does not play well when he's buried on the bench, and we are clearly back in that zone, so I would agree there's no reason to play him much any more.  This was absolutely predictable... dont use him for stretches, over back to back games, and everyone wonders why he has no confidence.

Really looking forward to seeing him play for a team that will use him and stop jerking him around.   I'd still prefer the B's get a nice return on him rather than watch him RUN for the door this off-season, and get nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Look, the fact remains that Tuuka can't be trusted. If he could, he would play. I guarantee you CJ would alternate more, but has lost confidence as has Tuuka himself after some really below-par efforts. Is TT playing great? Of course not, he's now had a stretch where he hasn't even had a 1-goal game for a while. But when they really needed him, he stole an extra point in the shootout of the 4-3 win. And TT has done that in five or six games, basically given the B's an extra 5 or 6 points in the standings by his performance in shootouts. Again, I like Tuuka, and I like TT, and I wish they could be Gilbert-Cheevers, but it's not going to happen. Why blame CJ or PC over it. Tuuka is on the bench for a reason, it's not about his ability.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Injuries to key players, team struggling to score and two goaltenders playing somewhat subpar. Would like to see B's get the first goal for a change, that would help.

That said, I dont see goaltending as the problem with this team right now. I mean hows the offense been doing? Why so much talk about the back up goaltender? Focus needs to be the lack of depth this team is lacking amongst it's forwards. Thats very concerning. This team totally healthy, legitimate Cup contender, two injuries and their in trouble. This needs to be adressed, look at Pittsburgh, they've had injuries to Crosby,Staal, Malkin has missed a few and Letang missed significant time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The team is stuck in a death spiral, of sorts.

The forwards aren't confident the defense will make a good outlet pass, and so don't break down the ice with great speed.

The defense isn't confident the forwards can collect a pass and keep possession, so they hold they puck looking for the perfect pass and end up bouncing it back behind their own net.

The goalies aren't confident the skaters can cover the pass, so cheat a little towards expecting a pass rather than sticking with just the shooter.

The skaters aren't confident the goalies can stop the shooter when he is left alone, so they are focussing too much on stopping the shot and loosing coverage on pass options.

Too many players too concerned with trying to cover for their teammates' mistakes, and not focussing on their own duties.  In a weird way, they may need to be less of a team for a little while.  Don't worry about what the other guys are doing, just do your job.  If someone else messes up, it's on him.

Sections
Shortcuts