`Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues????:
    In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : He can still be faulted in a 1-0 loss! That first goal sagged the team. The d were jumping in the play. They were allowing shots to the outside & Thomas was doing his job. He didn't on that first goal. The guy is supposed to be the elite of this league & he's not playing like it. Rask is playing worse, that's the only reason he's not getting more starts. A short side goal on a one on one isn't excuseable. Sure the team needs to score to support Thomas. They were trying, but this team is fragile right now. Thomas needs to make those saves. Everybody knows I'm Timmy's biggest fan, but I also know the postion. I also know what he's capable of. I'm also honest & objective. Thomas wasn't the reason this team lost, but he was part of the reason, It'd be a lot different if he made 40-45 saves & the B's had 20 & lost 1, or 2 nothing, but that isn't the case here. This is a lot more than a slump! It's a sinking ship going down fast.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite, maybe we just need you to boycott watching for awhile like last year. The team seems to step it up a notch when your boycotting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : He was the only one who scored in the last win they had! So I don't see how you can underline him. Lucic was invisible against the Habs & that's usually when we see Lucic at his best. Not against Nashville!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I thought Bergeron scored a beauty that game. Pouliot is awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : I thought Bergeron scored a beauty that game. Pouliot is awful.
    Posted by dezaruchi

But he's an elite stickhandler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Rask may be the 32 goalie here, but would be the #1 on most other teams in the league...however, he's gonna look pretty bad without defensive support. Then you gotta score a few goals for him. There are 5 guys playing in front of him that gotta put the puck in the net. Precious little of that going on these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

The team is stuck in a death spiral, of sorts. The forwards aren't confident the defense will make a good outlet pass, and so don't break down the ice with great speed. The defense isn't confident the forwards can collect a pass and keep possession, so they hold they puck looking for the perfect pass and end up bouncing it back behind their own net. The goalies aren't confident the skaters can cover the pass, so cheat a little towards expecting a pass rather than sticking with just the shooter. The skaters aren't confident the goalies can stop the shooter when he is left alone, so they are focussing too much on stopping the shot and loosing coverage on pass options. Too many players too concerned with trying to cover for their teammates' mistakes, and not focussing on their own duties.  In a weird way, they may need to be less of a team for a little while.  Don't worry about what the other guys are doing, just do your job.  If someone else messes up, it's on him.
    Posted by DrCC

Nice observation DrCC! This is exactly the way I am seeing this team perform lately.

You can see some of the forwards hanging back for too long to see if the defense needs help(they shouldn't if the breakouts are clean) and when a pass is received, they and their linemates seem like they're not ready for the rush and are waiting to react to the situation.

I've said this before, but I see a distinct lack of anticipation of the play whether they have the puck or not. That is a least partially due to the points you posted above.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : I thought Bergeron scored a beauty that game. Pouliot is awful.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I was referring to the guys on the first line. Out of Lucic, DK & Pouliet. Benoit was the only one to score & still has been the only one to have out of those 3. The difference is as much as Pouilet is a dud. He's only getting paid 1.1, compared to the 4-5 range. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: `Will CJ gamble with Rask tonight against the Blues???? : Nite, maybe we just need you to boycott watching for awhile like last year. The team seems to step it up a notch when your boycotting.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Tell you what Dez if they lose tonite? I'll take down my shrine & everything like I did last year. I'll put it back up once they get back to playing Bruin hockey. Same as last year. Last year was after the B's lost to Montreal after having a 2-0 lead & Patch's scored in OT. The one where he shoved Chara after a goal. 

Sections
Shortcuts