Will get shot for this but ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Will get shot for this but ...

In the short term, to add some veteran help, wonder what happened to Redden? I know Kaberle is in Europe. Anything to bring Chara's numbers down. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Will get shot for this but ...

I don't think any bullets should fly. I though Redden was very good last year. He just got hurt and then Bartowski and Krug played wicked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Redden did well what little time he got in with the Bs last year
     He still waiting for a call, likely wont get one until after the olymics if he even gets a call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think one big mistake would be to pay the price of bringing someone new in, well before the trade dealine, when there may well be someone comparable in the B's system already.  Given that it is January, I would continue down the path of auditions for the guys already in the system.

We've seen several players that are actually better at the NHL level than they appeared to be at the AHL level (Reilly Smith is one).  We've seen Bartkowski and Krug step in effectively.  Miller and Warsofsky haven't looked too far out of place.  Trotman and Morrow are due for a better look.  Mike Moore has pro experience.

To be clear, I'm not saying these guys will 'right the ship' and fill Seidenberg's ample skates.  But I would guess that every playoff bound team is looking for depth on the blueline.  Further, there isn't much out there and any useful piece is going to cost more than it should.  

So, I would exhaust the "in-system" options until they are proven to be inadequate, before entering a trade market for defensmen where demand greatly, greatly outweighs supply.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

He just announced his retirement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Redden did well what little time he got in with the Bs last year
     He still waiting for a call, likely wont get one until after the olymics if he even gets a call.

You can scratch Wade Redden from your list...........he Just Anounces His Retirement

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Truly epic timing on this thread.

I figured he could be a final option, but not anymore!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Little overboard on the thread title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh shoot him anyway, it'll keep posters on their toes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nothing personal Ern, for the good of the team thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

DUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!  just for bringing Kaberles name up    LOL  im kidding, understand where your coming from but please not Kaberle   Im thinking Tallinder could be a fit.      INCOMINNNNGGGGG!!!!!! LOL  just another mans thought

Sections
Shortcuts