Will Horton be dealt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Will Horton be dealt?

Not saying he will be, but  he's not exactly thriving in a big market like Boston - it's just not consistent with his personality.  I could understand if he was part of a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Will Horton be dealt?

In Response to Will Horton be dealt?:
    [QUOTE]Not saying he will be, but  he's not exactly thriving in a big market like Boston - it's just not consistent with his personality.  I could understand if he was part of a deal.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    His 5 points in one of the biggest wins of the year for Boston tells me that it's unlikely Horton is dealt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No, he is not yet one of Chia's few failures.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

i think he goes no where..hes apart of the 1st line that has been fairly successful as a line this season.  I am interested in seeing how he performs in the playoffs as i don't believe he has played a playoff game yet.  When he plays with emotion, like the other night vs PK and Montreal he is at his best.  i am hoping that the play-offs can bring this side of him out, because when he is not playing with intensity he can be painful to watch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

His goal production declined in FL every year since '06-'07, with last year being his least productive season in the NHL with 20 goals.  It looks like he'll end up with 20-25 max this year.  A smaller market team may be a better situation for him. 

I think his body of work the last 4 years plus his long scoring drought this year would trump his 5 point performance the other night.

Bottom line, I could live with him, I could live without him - with the right return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I have already stated on these boards that Horton will be huge in the playoffs for all the readons that Nasty just stated!  He is going nowhere!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think so, but he's not off the table. I think he's overrated myself as do most hockey people, as he's never really been consistent.

Maddeingly frustrating because he has the size and the skill for that 30 goal per year guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i am as surprised about his lack of goals as much as I am about Lucic's abundance of them.  I think although he's not scoring alot he has created alot more space for Looch.  I don't see any scenario where he goes anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The dude has had terrible luck this year. He didn't disappear during games this year, he got denied by the post multiples times a game. He isn't going anywhere. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt?:
    [QUOTE]No, he is not yet one of Chia's few failures.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

EDIT

After the fact Bogie I noticed you had emphasized Chis's success.  In hindisght I can only agree with your statement.

Who exactly are Chia's failures.

Tim Thomas   -  No
    Patrice Bergeron  - No
    Milan Luci  - No
    Andrew Ference  - Not right now
    Ryder  -  Yes, but not as bad a mistake as some make it out to be.

I mean really I think his track record is pretty good and improving with time.  He didn't rewrite that Tim Thomas contract it just turns out that Thomas is better then we gave him credit for being and that his downturn last year had more to do with an injury then aging. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]His goal production declined in FL every year since '06-'07, with last year being his least productive season in the NHL with 20 goals.  It looks like he'll end up with 20-25 max this year.  A smaller market team may be a better situation for him.  I think his body of work the last 4 years plus his long scoring drought this year would trump his 5 point performance the other night. Bottom line, I could live with him, I could live without him - with the right return.

I agree with your assessment that one good game doesn't really change the long term analysis.  I will say that I think part of the problem became that he was so intent on ending the goal scoring drought thathe became predictable.  You, Me and every NHL goalie knew that when he got the puck in the offensive zone that it was time to square up because he's shooting.  If he can bring a balance back to his game from renewed confidence gained last game then he can again become something between the red hot player of the early season and the guy we have been seeing recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I see the same thing when watching Looch and Horton. They are creating space for one another when Seguin is fit and ready he will be their center. I would like to see CJ put Seguin between two power forwards and see what happens. This time next year Seguin will be the center for Looch and Horton, speed and power makes an engine a good motar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : Thomas is better then we gave him credit for being and that his downturn last year had more to do with an injury then aging. 
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for one person to explain how a hip injury is responsible for giving up goals from the red line and from behind the net and everywhere else last year.

He's been better this year, but the wholesale excuse that his awful play last year is explained away by the mysterious "injury" floors me. Never seen a player with more excuses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]The dude has had terrible luck this year. He didn't disappear during games this year, he got denied by the post multiples times a game. He isn't going anywhere. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

He's had some bad breaks, but he is definitely holding the stick too tight, if you know what I mean. That assist he got on Lucic's goal against Montreal was actually a poor rebound by Price because Horton's shot was a squibber.  Another play he was fed the puck in front on a great pass and instead to shooting right away the way goal scorers do, he held it, held it and Price made what appeared to be a great save.  Actually, Horton let Price have time to get there.

Not getting on Horton, I like him a lot.  But he is clearly pressing.  I dont think it has anything to do with the size of the market. He's trying too hard.  I hope he stays; I still think he could be a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : I'm still waiting for one person to explain how a hip injury is responsible for giving up goals from the red line and from behind the net and everywhere else last year. He's been better this year, but the wholesale excuse that his awful play last year is explained away by the mysterious "injury" floors me. Never seen a player with more excuses.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

R U serious?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]His goal production declined in FL every year since '06-'07, with last year being his least productive season in the NHL with 20 goals.  It looks like he'll end up with 20-25 max this year.  A smaller market team may be a better situation for him.  I think his body of work the last 4 years plus his long scoring drought this year would trump his 5 point performance the other night. Bottom line, I could live with him, I could live without him - with the right return.
    Beng  prt of one of the top lines on one of the leagues best teams,along with being physical in both ends,trumps his lack of goals right now.Bad numbers on a good team are easier to overlook.Bottom line is he earned extra leeway with me after throwing down with Phaneuf(among others)this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : R U serious?  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,but don't go reporting him for it..........(sorry-couldn't resist).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : He's had some bad breaks, but he is definitely holding the stick too tight, if you know what I mean. That assist he got on Lucic's goal against Montreal was actually a poor rebound by Price because Horton's shot was a squibber.  Another play he was fed the puck in front on a great pass and instead to shooting right away the way goal scorers do, he held it, held it and Price made what appeared to be a great save.  Actually, Horton let Price have time to get there. Not getting on Horton, I like him a lot.  But he is clearly pressing.  I dont think it has anything to do with the size of the market. He's trying too hard.  I hope he stays; I still think he could be a good one.

Ok on THAT assist but what about the 4 other points he got in that game??? Not to mention the way he bullied Subban all game long!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : I'm still waiting for one person to explain how a hip injury is responsible for giving up goals from the red line and from behind the net and everywhere else last year. He's been better this year, but the wholesale excuse that his awful play last year is explained away by the mysterious "injury" floors me. Never seen a player with more excuses.

When you don't feel good or have confidence, you don't play well.   Not an excuse for the bad goals, but I think what I just said is true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : Beng  prt of one of the top lines on one of the leagues best teams,along with being physical in both ends,trumps his lack of goals right now.Bad numbers on a good team are easier to overlook.Bottom line is he earned extra leeway with me after throwing down with Phaneuf(among others)this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : Beng  prt of one of the top lines on one of the leagues best teams,along with being physical in both ends,trumps his lack of goals right now.Bad numbers on a good team are easier to overlook.Bottom line is he earned extra leeway with me after throwing down with Phaneuf(among others)this year.

Valid points but I want more than 14 goals from my first line right winger.  If he can be packaged to bring in one with better numbers you'd have to cosider it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : Yeah,but don't go reporting him for it..........(sorry-couldn't resist).

I only report extreme vulgarity tied to ignorance, not just ignorance. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : I only report extreme vulgarity tied to ignorance, not just ignorance. :)
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Just giving you the gears..........Cheers sir!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The comment about Timmy is shortsighted. The injury was to his HIP labrum which limited his 5 hole closure, lack of strength, lack of speed. On Horton, he has been doing much better after realizing that moping doesn'y cut it in Boston. Love his speed and agresiveness, and look for it to improve.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Horton be dealt? : Just giving you the gears..........Cheers sir!

It worked, I got a chuckle out of it.

Sections
Shortcuts