Will Iginla Man the Poiint on the PP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Will Iginla Man the Poiint on the PP?

I believe he's played there a lot during his career and I wonder if CJ will use him there in place of Chara a bit.  Seems like a logical move but wonder if anyone disagrees?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Will Iginla Man the Poiint on the PP?

In response to hangnail's comment:

I believe he's played there a lot during his career and I wonder if CJ will use him there in place of Chara a bit.  Seems like a logical move but wonder if anyone disagrees?

I know he has in Calgary, but that may have been out of necessaty more than strategic, but I'd like him up at forward. B's have Chara, Krug and Hamilton who will all see PP time at the point. For me, Iginla is too good in front of the net and in the corners, so using him at the point you lose that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I know he has in Calgary, but that may have been out of necessaty more than strategic, but I'd like him up at forward. B's have Chara, Krug and Hamilton who will all see PP time at the point. For me, Iginla is too good in front of the net and in the corners, so using him at the point you lose that.

[/QUOTE]

I would like him up front too kel but looking at Chara's PP play last year had me thinking he really wasn't as effective as he had been in the past.  Plus, I would rather see Chara rested a little bit more so that he's fresh for the PK.  I guess it's a good problem for CJ to have.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara has never been a qb for the powerplay.  He never hits the net either.   I dont mind him on the 2nd set.   Krug and Hamilton are my 1st set.  Chara Iggy could be 2nd set but i dont see that playing out.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Chara has never been a qb for the powerplay.  He never hits the net either.   I dont mind him on the 2nd set.   Krug and Hamilton are my 1st set.  Chara Iggy could be 2nd set but i dont see that playing out.  

I agree with what you said on Chara, but he's going to see his share of PP time. Pair him with Krug who isnt afraid to pinch in low and that may open things up for him though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i say no because then it becomes, "who from the bottom six becomes a PP forward?" soderberg? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Geoff Ward is still the PP coach, all will be changed once the Bruins get any momentum going. But here goes anyways...Fear the Dry Eraser!

1st Unit: Krug QB up top along the blueline, Eriksson on Toreys right (for the back door play or onetimer), Lucic in front of the net, Bergeron up high to "Krug Life's" left and either Krejci or Iginla down low, below the line for that cross ice pass to Eriksson or sets up Lucic in front.

Bergeron, Krug and Erikkson are your primary shooters.

2nd team: Chara, Krejci, Hamilton, Marchand and Soderbergermeister. Hamilton does get his shots through allot more so he should be shooting a ton with this unit. The Yeti and Ball-Of Hate should control the flow of the PP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I like it. I definitely want to see Hamiltion and Krug get a lot if PP time regardless if they make Mistakes. My personal view I would put Iginla down low in front of the net, yup I without a doubt like him in front of the net. Plus I would like to give Z a rest and cut down his PP minutes every now and then. I would also give Bartkowski a try out there as well, if he can crack the lineup. I don't know where Soderberg fits in on the PP but they will soon have to find out. This is a big camp for Carl. We have almost exactly 2 months  to go and over a month, before training camp hang in their people it's coming right around the corner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I see Iginla in Seguin's spot, left side half boards. Not likely on the point, especially with 4 skilled forwards out and only two proven ones coming in. Things could change if a guy like Smith shows he can play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Geoff Ward is still the PP coach, all will be changed once the Bruins get any momentum going. But here goes anyways...Fear the Dry Eraser!

1st Unit: Krug QB up top along the blueline, Eriksson on Toreys right (for the back door play or onetimer), Lucic in front of the net, Bergeron up high to "Krug Life's" left and either Krejci or Iginla down low, below the line for that cross ice pass to Eriksson or sets up Lucic in front.

Bergeron, Krug and Erikkson are your primary shooters.

2nd team: Chara, Krejci, Hamilton, Marchand and Soderbergermeister. Hamilton does get his shots through allot more so he should be shooting a ton with this unit. The Yeti and Ball-Of should control the flow of the PP.

I like this.  Hate you.  Like this idea.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krug is going to have to do a lot more or, you know, anything, in order for me to support the idea of him on the #1 powerplay. 

I love powerplay conversations.  Everyone gets so upset/annoyed with me when the facts and stats do not back up their beliefs!

I do wish they would score more powerplay goals, not because a higher powerplay percentage means they will win more games, but because they are fun.

Chara at the point doesn't produce goals.  Bergeron at the point doesn't produce goals.  Chara or Bergeron at the point does prevent shorthanded goals almost always.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You've inevitably opened the door for someone to say "typical CJ - playing defense on the powerplay!"

Chara with Hamilton does make sense to me if Hamilton is the guy the puck goes through and maybe Chara is there primarily to be a shot option but not THE shot option, but secondarily to allow Hamilton to attack the net with the puck if he wants to.

Krug has been reasonably effective on the PP - better than most of the Bruins' options in the last few years.  Bartkowski might also see some PP time if he's in the lineup.  Both are capable of helping the Bruins gain the zone cleanly, which would be a massive improvement.  I'd say they've both shown enough to get a shot at the PP - even the #1 PP - but that the leash is as long as the evidence trail that suggests they deserve it.  In Krug's case, that's, what 15 games?  Or just the five vs. the Rangers?

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I would like to see Boychuck out there and see if he can start where he left off in the playoffs.

Energy and persistence alters everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Personally I think Chara should be on the 2nd pp unit, but "Only in front of the net" like the 4th goal against the Leafs, but he shouldn't be trying to deflect anything. Just screen, screen & screen some more. If it hits him  goes in; great. If he picks up the rebound great. But, I find when he tries to deflect, he gets himself out of the way & the goalie picks the puck up. I really think that Dion took a lot of flack for not at least trying to move Chara in that tying goal, but I think it's a possibility that Reimer told him to leave him & just watch his stick on the rebounds. He'll take care of the orginal shot. I know as a goalie I've said this numerous times to my d-men. "You're making it worse! Just keep his stick in check. Let me fight just thru him, not both of you!"

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Saw Iggy on the point a couple times last night.  I think I would rather him on the wing at this point to see if he can grab a couple rebound goals.  But then who do you move from up front? Chara is the logical choice, but he's had a positive impact up there so far.  What to do, what to do??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chara has been more helpful screening and playing down low. Krug does move the puck well as does Bergeron and Kreji; Boychuck is hit or miss too often to be reliable; Both Iginla and Ericcson need to get untracked to be helpful, both should be the primary scorers on the PP; plus Marchand and Bergeron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hated the fact to have Chara in front of the net, still hate it  but it's worked in  pre-season game and last night.  Keep proving me wrong ?   Bruins need Chara fresh at the end of the season and away from point shots ankle high.

As for Ignila at the point that's where he was with the Pens last year , he even scored against the Bruins from that position in the regular season.  Why not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Hated the fact to have Chara in front of the net, still hate it  but it's worked in  pre-season game and last night.  Keep proving me wrong ?   Bruins need Chara fresh at the end of the season and away from point shots ankle high.

As for Ignila at the point that's where he was with the Pens last year , he even scored against the Bruins from that position in the regular season.  Why not.

Just to get him closer to the net, maybe one will bounce off his azz and get him going!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I do wish they would score more powerplay goals, not because a higher powerplay percentage means they will win more games, but because they are fun."

Acceptable!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

The best part about the 'new' powerplay (and something I talked about last year) is the fact that Claude is keeping his #1 and #2 lines in tact for the PP.

Why, for the Powerplay, do you break up lines who have been practicing and playing together everyday, developing chemistry and expertise with each other?

Saturday Night, the PP Units looked something like this;

PP Unit #1 - Lucic/Krejci/Chara - Iginla/Krug

PP Unit #2 - Marchand/Bergeron/Eriksson - Hamilton/Seidenberg

Most opposing coaches will put their best line out for the first shift after a Powerplay. By, effectively 'rolling' his same lines for a Powerplay, Claude doesn't risk double-shifting or over-fatiguing certain players. This is smart, efficient and looks to be producing results

This is, also why it is important that Chara is on the 1st PP Unit - so he'll be ready for the first shift after the PP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think the Chara in front of the net experiment will continue for a while, especially after Saturday's game. We'll see if it's effective long-term.

I like Chara on the point but not neccessarily as the QB per se, but I like his shot and he's good at timing his sneaking through the back side and getting a scoring opportunity. Over half his career goals have come on the PP, so he's effective there even if he isn't the most prolific D-man at scoring. He's not too shabby, though.

Krug and Hamilton look good so far at the points. DK manned the point for a shift but I don't know if that was by design or if he ended up rotating out there while the point went down low and ended up parked there for the rest of the shift. He looked good there and I wouldn't mend seeing him there more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What I see is DK & Ig's on the point a lot so far, Lucic & Chara being the screens & Bergeron, Louie & Marchand controlling down low with Krug & Hamilton your shooters from the point. I'm gonna be Stanley here for a moment & say so far the Chara experiment down low is working & that PC is going to calling me pretty soon to take the PP responsibilites away from Ward. Tongue Out

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Agree 100%. What good is this experiment if Chara doesn't have the gas to finish out a 7-game playoff series strong? I realy wish the Bs took a long-term view on Chara down low. It's going to bite them. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. But the goal is to win the Cup, not go up 4-1 in Game #2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I would love to see CJ cut back Chara's minutes to around 20 per game. Seids too. And unless they are in a dogfight for the last playoff spot I'd like to see them rotate the 7th d-man in there once in a while to rest the regulars later in the season so they're fresher come playoffs. Obviously you would pick and choose which games to cut back on minutes or rest a guy.

They have depth at D. Use it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Agree 100%. What good is this experiment if Chara doesn't have the gas to finish out a 7-game playoff series strong? I realy wish the Bs took a long-term view on Chara down low. It's going to bite them. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. But the goal is to win the Cup, not go up 4-1 in Game #2.

[/QUOTE]

We're only 2 games into the season & you're already worried about Chara running out of gas? It's an Oylmpic yr. The B's know Chara's going to be Captain of Slovakia & probably going to play 30 mins a night there. They need to win as many games early as possible, because they're going to have to rest the guy late in the yr if they hope have him at his best for a Stanley Cup run.

Sections
Shortcuts