Will Iginla Man the Poiint on the PP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Will Iginla Man the Poiint on the PP?

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Agree 100%. What good is this experiment if Chara doesn't have the gas to finish out a 7-game playoff series strong? I realy wish the Bs took a long-term view on Chara down low. It's going to bite them. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. But the goal is to win the Cup, not go up 4-1 in Game #2.

We're only 2 games into the season & you're already worried about Chara running out of gas? It's an Oylmpic yr. The B's know Chara's going to be Captain of Slovakia & probably going to play 30 mins a night there. They need to win as many games early as possible, because they're going to have to rest the guy late in the yr if they hope have him at his best for a Stanley Cup run.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm worried about....He'll play 59 minutes/game in the olympics and the B's will still be playing him 23 minutes on game 80.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Can you imagine two 37-year-olds at the point, on the power play?

If they get a shot blocked and have to turn and pursue - forget it. Whomever will have a clear-cut breakaway from the offensive blue line to the goalie. He can have a coffee and donut, finish them, and still have time to deke Rask or Johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Agree 100%. What good is this experiment if Chara doesn't have the gas to finish out a 7-game playoff series strong? I realy wish the Bs took a long-term view on Chara down low. It's going to bite them. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. But the goal is to win the Cup, not go up 4-1 in Game #2.

We're only 2 games into the season & you're already worried about Chara running out of gas? It's an Oylmpic yr. The B's know Chara's going to be Captain of Slovakia & probably going to play 30 mins a night there. They need to win as many games early as possible, because they're going to have to rest the guy late in the yr if they hope have him at his best for a Stanley Cup run.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's exactly what I'm worried about. Julien has never, not once, rested his guys late in the year. One game sometimes....but nothing to give actual R&R. That's the whole point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If Julien sticks to no rest, March could be rough.  Seventeen games in 31 days.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I Think the Bs have better prospects for call ups. Boston has better depth in the system for rest or injuries.

Sections
Shortcuts