Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?

The time is now guys, Thomas will never be better then he is now, Chara is at the tail end of his prime, a solid team around them... Will Jeremy Jacobs use his newfound chunk of money to try and put this team over the top to go for a Stanley Cup or will he pocket the dough and subject us to the never ending "The Future is Bright" mantra and just leave Hamill or some other call up up here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?

In Response to Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?:
    [QUOTE]The time is now guys, Thomas will never be better then he is now, Chara is at the tail end of his prime, a solid team around them... Will Jeremy Jacobs use his newfound chunk of money to try and put this team over the top to go for a Stanley Cup or will he pocket the dough and subject us to the never ending "The Future is Bright" mantra and just leave Hamill or some other call up up here
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Since the implementation of the salary cap, the Bruins have spent nearly to each seasons cap limit. I don't think the will change now; yes, I believe they will spend the money, if they can get the type of player they are looking for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"Will he pocket the dough"
    what???????????

If you have someone on ltir you don't have to pay the player?

OK, so the cap money freed to get a rental.

Who?

Look at the bottom of the league and who is out of playoff contention.

And who would REALLY make a difference.

I only get one name, Rick Nash.  And Columbus is going to want a king's fortune coming back to them for Nash - and what the Bruins lose is going to weaken the team enough to minimize Nash's impact.

Of course if they could get Nash on the cheap, but you are better off playing the lottery.

A rental to put them over the top is a fantasy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?:
    [QUOTE]"Will he pocket the dough" what??????????? If you have someone on ltir you don't have to pay the player? OK, so the cap money freed to get a rental. Who? Look at the bottom of the league and who is out of playoff contention. And who would REALLY make a difference. I only get one name, Rick Nash.  And Columbus is going to want a king's fortune coming back to them for Nash - and what the Bruins lose is going to weaken the team enough to minimize Nash's impact. Of course if they could get Nash on the cheap, but you are better off playing the lottery. A rental to put them over the top is a fantasy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Actually if Chia called and said what would it take to get Nash? they would hang up. He is their only source of income.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Yes he will.  He sees what we see.  WSH and PIT are weak.  PHI is the only big threat.  But their goaltending is wishy washy.  

Don't know what we can get but Chris Neil is a good possibility.  Just wondering if we will trade away a big package for Jason Spezza. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent?:
    [QUOTE]"Will he pocket the dough" what??????????? If you have someone on ltir you don't have to pay the player? OK, so the cap money freed to get a rental. Who? Look at the bottom of the league and who is out of playoff contention. And who would REALLY make a difference. I only get one name, Rick Nash.  And Columbus is going to want a king's fortune coming back to them for Nash - and what the Bruins lose is going to weaken the team enough to minimize Nash's impact. Of course if they could get Nash on the cheap, but you are better off playing the lottery. A rental to put them over the top is a fantasy.

Insurance picks up most of the bill on IR players.

Is there any reason Columbus would trade Rick Nash to Boston? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]OF COURSE he will! he already has   duhhhh Now Rick Nash would take a package that looks something like this! Tor 1st round draft pick Blake Wheeler Joe Colborne or Jordan Caron Steep but what a difference this would make!!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

are you sure you don't want to throw in ryder to seal the deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]OF COURSE he will! he already has   duhhhh Now Rick Nash would take a package that looks something like this! Tor 1st round draft pick Blake Wheeler Joe Colborne or Jordan Caron Steep but what a difference this would make!!

If that's the price, it's robbery.

In order to get a first line player from a GM not named Mike O'Connell, you have to send a first line player in return.  Right now, the only player who is looking like a true first line player is Lucic.  In order to acquire a beast, the B's would have to send a package including some of the following:  Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Toronto's pick, Rask, Seguin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent? : Insurance picks up most of the bill on IR players. Is there any reason Columbus would trade Rick Nash to Boston? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Right, exactly, there is no reason that Columbus would trade Nash to Boston.

Last year it was the Kovalchuk sweepstakes.

Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk

Tired of waiting 40 years.

Kovalchuk   Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk

With Kovalchuk the Bruins will win. the cup.

Now this year there is no Kovalchuk.

So the cry is

Instead of Kovalchuk it's "somebody".  Gotta make a move.  Don't know who, but gotta make a move.

OK, let's not wait and just damn Chia and the Bruins right now.

There is a player out there that will insure the Bruins win the Cup 100%.

And Jacobs is too cheap to get that player.

I'm tired of waiting. 

Why wait?  Give up on this team right now.  Really really prove you mean it by not posting any more.  Why even bother to tell us we're all lemmings?

All it takes is ONE PHONE CALL by Chia and the cup is in Boston.
    That's all.
    Done deal.

And they are not going to do it.

Never mind this year - IT HAS BEEN TRUE EVERY YEAR AND THE BRUINS DON'T DO IT.

And we've been cheated out of 40 Stanley Cups.

Apologies if I have stolen someone's next 10 posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

PC has said he can use it and he is expecting to make a trade before the deadline.  Why do people who don't check what the GM has said make threads about topics he has already covered?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]where do you get the 4.5 million dollar number from? and yes of course its available, and don't give me this trade the first rounder for anyone crap
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Ignore this goof.  He thinks this is 1998.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok, where do you idiots keep finding this 4.5 mil number?

Savard's money is PRO RATED over the season.

It's not 4.5 mil.

And Jacobs is a greedy owner, he got what he wanted when the cap got put in place.  He wanted controlled costs, previous to the cap they were spending over league average, plus they were in the black.

So now Jacobs has his controlled costs and he's fine with that, that's all he cares.  As long as the cash is coming in he doesn't care. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Your wrong pending the expectation and reason for trade! In this case this is not a change of scenary or a run out of town type of trade ie thornton! This is a Columbus decides to rebuild type of trade and Boston needs a significant player to put us over the top! Now having said that it is rare that a team pushing for the cup has a High first round draft pick like the Bruins do, which is the only reason this deal is even possible and the only reason the Blue Jackeys dont hang up when Peter is on line 2 inquiring about there Franchise player! Just my opinion In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent? :

Put yourself in their shoes.  Let's trade our best player - a #1 pick - for the Bruins pick which cannot be certain to be a #1 even if the Leafs finish last because of the lottery, then you've traded the franchise literally.

Let's trade a guy who's under 30 who was the league's leading scorer once.

Let's look at a guy who is currently tied for 11th in the league in scoring.
    Kessel lovers take note, Nash is on a cruddy team and 11th in the league in scoring.

Now I'm a CBJ season ticket holder and you tell me you are trading Nash - I tell you that there is no longer a reason for me to go to games.

And if you are anything like a disgruntled Bruins fan, you say you've waited FIVE YEARS for a cup.  FIVE YEARS.  And you can't wait any longer.

And then I'll tell you I'm sick of this "the future is bright" garbage.  I've been listening to that since the inception of the franchise.

And then I'll ask why can't they trade for Brad Richards and make a playoff run, let's trade OUR first round pick for Richards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent? : Right, exactly, there is no reason that Columbus would trade Nash to Boston. Last year it was the Kovalchuk sweepstakes. Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Tired of waiting 40 years. Tired of waiting 40 years. Kovalchuk   Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk  Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk Kovalchuk With Kovalchuk the Bruins will win. the cup. Tired of waiting 40 years. Now this year there is no Kovalchuk. So the cry is Tired of waiting 40 years. Instead of Kovalchuk it's "somebody".  Gotta make a move.  Don't know who, but gotta make a move. OK, let's not wait and just damn Chia and the Bruins right now. There is a player out there that will insure the Bruins win the Cup 100%. And Jacobs is too cheap to get that player. I'm tired of waiting.  Why wait?  Give up on this team right now.  Really really prove you mean it by not posting any more.  Why even bother to tell us we're all lemmings? All it takes is ONE PHONE CALL by Chia and the cup is in Boston. That's all. Done deal. And they are not going to do it. Never mind this year - IT HAS BEEN TRUE EVERY YEAR AND THE BRUINS DON'T DO IT. And we've been cheated out of 40 Stanley Cups. Apologies if I have stolen someone's next 10 posts.

Nice rant, but you are not that clairvoyant!  Chances are slim but cap space, draft picks, young starting NHL players does make the past a bit of a stretch for comparison.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent? : Nice rant, but you are not that clairvoyant!  Chances are slim but cap space, draft picks, young starting NHL players does make the past a bit of a stretch for comparison.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

OK, my sarcasm might have clouded the point, but here's where were at IMO.  There's nobody we can pick up at a reasonable price who will make that much difference for a cup run this year.

And even *IF* you land Brad Richards let's say that shot off of Lucic's foot put him out and some Flyer croaks Krejci.  Then you're done anyway.

Look at the Pens.  Who are they without Crosby and Malkin?  There ya go, a "sure thing" could be "NOthing"

And conversely, they could win the cup this year.  Put in a full healthy line up and take 3 guys out of the Wings line up and what would a series look like?

Stay pat unless you can dump Wheeler or some other spare part.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Jacobs allow Savards roughly $4.5M+ LTIR money to be spent? : OK, my sarcasm might have clouded the point, but here's where were at IMO.  There's nobody we can pick up at a reasonable price who will make that much difference for a cup run this year. And even *IF* you land Brad Richards let's say that shot off of Lucic's foot put him out and some Flyer croaks Krejci.  Then you're done anyway. Look at the Pens.  Who are they without Crosby and Malkin?  There ya go, a "sure thing" could be " NO thing" And conversely, they could win the cup this year.  Put in a full healthy line up and take 3 guys out of the Wings line up and what would a series look like? Stay pat unless you can dump Wheeler or some other spare part.

Ah the Wings did have several players out of their line up and did quite well.  Now they have Lidstrom as a (dare I say) puck moving defenseman.  

The injury excuse is correct though.  Although I am inclined to say certain Bs players who are injuried consistently need to be reassessed as assets to winning the cup.  I am not speaking of Savard either.  

Sections
Shortcuts