Will January 7th be a blood bath?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?

I think this game will have a spark to it! I think some things will be in the back of there minds and could be brought to the forefront if the game gets emotional.
    I think you could see some emotion from Patrice and Nathan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see both backup goalies play in this one. If I'm Boston, I already know TT is in their heads and I would want to save some tricks for the playoffs. In the regular season, it's only one game. Why remove that psychological edge?

For VAN, it's already been said, but I'd be surprised to see Luongo in what would be the most hostile regular season atmosphere he'd likely face.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jmbc14. Show Jmbc14's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?:
    In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : No. Those two hated each other for about 3-4 seasons before the "kneeing" They played against each other probably anywhere between 18-24x before Ulfie went to Steeltown.
    Posted by nitemare-38

yeah i know that. i just thought he was implying something different. and i was at the lucic komiserick fight. amazing. building was absurdly loud. one of the best games ive been to. it brought pride back to the organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

canucks will roll over and give up like all people in canada do lol.  another shut out for timmy thomas
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Idiot!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

canucks will roll over and give up like all people in canada do lol.  another shut out for timmy thomas
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

nice? did you know that 75% of ther bruins are canadian?
    good job dumb as donuts insult your own team.
    go watch the sox lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Hey one-trick pony, is being anti-Canadian all you can bring to these boards?

Do you dislike Bobby Orr?  Ray Bourque?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The fans will circle this game in red on their calendars.

The coaches of both teams will remind their players that this is one game out of 82 on their schedule, and that any player who ends up with a suspension because of their actions in this one game will be doing the rest of their teammates a disservice. 

I would be very surprised if Rome hasn't already contacted Horton, to see how he's doing, and to tell him that it wasn't his intention to hurt him.  I'd also be surprised if Boychuk hasn't had the same conversation with Raymond.  While the fans would like it to be otherwise, I doubt that there's too much actual hatred amongst players in the league.  There's exceptions, of course (I doubt that Brodeur and Avery exchange Christmas cards), but in most cases, things are over-hyped by the fans and media.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The fans will circle this game in red on their calendars. The coaches of both teams will remind their players that this is one game out of 82 on their schedule, and that any player who ends up with a suspension because of their actions in this one game will be doing the rest of their teammates a disservice.  I would be very surprised if Rome hasn't already contacted Horton, to see how he's doing, and to tell him that it wasn't his intention to hurt him.  I'd also be surprised if Boychuk hasn't had the same conversation with Raymond.  While the fans would like it to be otherwise, I doubt that there's too much actual hatred amongst players in the league.  There's exceptions, of course (I doubt that Brodeur and Avery exchange Christmas cards), but in most cases, things are over-hyped by the fans and media.
    Posted by 49-North

I agree; but don't be surprised if Horts didn't say. "OK I forgive you; but I'm still gonna kick your behind for taking a shot that could've ended my career."

I also agree about Boychuk; but Raymond can't say the same thing because he's hooped. There's no way he could beat Boychuk.

I'm not being a smart as$ 49; but every situation is different for every player. Each player has his own temperment & each player handles things differently. Most of the B's are thinking they got retribution of the Horton hit by winning.. However; what did Horton lose? He lost an opportunity to play in the last 5 games. Why? Rome knocked him out with a...I won't say cheapshot; but a late hit that was avoidable. Horton hasn't gotten his retribution. Don't be surprised to see Horton getting Rome. I say BANK ON IT! Then that creates the possibility of an all out war.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : yeah i know that. i just thought he was implying something different. and i was at the lucic komiserick fight. amazing. building was absurdly loud. one of the best games ive been to. it brought pride back to the organization.
    Posted by Jmbc14

OH REALLY You lucky bastar8. I would've loved to seen that live.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

so all of you who are mad at me for my joke are supporting what ye olde winesock says about canada being a great hockey nation and better than the rest now and threwout history. wow thats amazing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

so all of you who are mad at me for my joke are supporting what ye olde winesock says about canada being a great hockey nation and better than the rest now and threwout history. wow thats amazing
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Uhh, nobody is supporting either of you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

i'm beginning to hope that winesock comes back on here and answers every single stupid post that kane's dognuts posts on here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brooksy12. Show Brooksy12's posts

Same kind of passion you saw when Lucic and Komisarek first dropped the gloves. Oh man what a fight.
    Posted by matttt87

I was there that night, it was just farking incredible!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : I agree; but don't be surprised if Horts didn't say. "OK I forgive you; but I'm still gonna kick your behind for taking a shot that could've ended my career." I also agree about Boychuk; but Raymond can't say the same thing because he's hooped. There's no way he could beat Boychuk. I'm not being a smart as$ 49; but every situation is different for every player. Each player has his own temperment & each player handles things differently. Most of the B's are thinking they got retribution of the Horton hit by winning.. However; what did Horton lose? He lost an opportunity to play in the last 5 games. Why? Rome knocked him out with a...I won't say cheapshot; but a late hit that was avoidable. Horton hasn't gotten his retribution. Don't be surprised to see Horton getting Rome. I say BANK ON IT! Then that creates the possibility of an all out war.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Don't forget that Rome also lost the opportunity to play in the final games, as well.  I doubt that anyone would intentionally attempt to injure someone, knowing that he could miss the most important games of his life as a result.  I'd be willing to bet that, after the hit, Rome was thinking "come on, Nate, get up".   While I'm not a neurosurgeon, I'd also be willing to bet that most of the injury resulted from Horton's head hitting the ice, rather than from contact with Rome's shoulder.

Back to Jan 7, this is one of those games that the NHL will be watching very carefully, especially if one of the players starts talking about "payback".  In such instances, they usually issue a warning to both teams about retribution, and heavily penalize (including supplemental discipline) any excessive rough play.

I think "victory is the best revenge" will be in play here, and while there may be an extra shot or two after the whistles, I don't think it will get out of hand, because both teams know that Big Brother is watching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I agree with 50below, how can it be a blood bath if one team doesn't fight?  The Bruins may want to throw a few extra shots at Burrows and Lapierre, but those guys won't drop the gloves with anyone, so really, what's the point.  The best revenge is already wrapped around their ring fingers.  Playing the Canucks might be a big deal to the fans, but I would guess that between the coaching staff and the players, it will be just another game.
    Posted by Fletcher1

How was last years game with the Habs a blood bath?  They sure as hell don't fight....but they did in THAT one.....probably wish they didn't

What I see happening is guys from Vancouver poking and prodding and doing things to get Boston off their game....problem is, when you do that to Boston, it sometimes gets them ON their game.

Sure you get under their skin and they end up taking a penatly, but the one sided beating you take ends up not being worth it.  Especially after they kill the penalties and put 6-7 goals up on the board and blow you out

You think the Canucks are smart enough not to fall into that trap?  All it takes is the smallest spark.....and Maxim LaPierre is on that team......that guy can't help himself....think about it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Don't forget that Rome also lost the opportunity to play in the final games, as well.  I doubt that anyone would intentionally attempt to injure someone, knowing that he could miss the most important games of his life as a result.  I'd be willing to bet that, after the hit, Rome was thinking "come on, Nate, get up".   While I'm not a neurosurgeon, I'd also be willing to bet that most of the injury resulted from Horton's head hitting the ice, rather than from contact with Rome's shoulder. Back to Jan 7, this is one of those games that the NHL will be watching very carefully, especially if one of the players starts talking about "payback".  In such instances, they usually issue a warning to both teams about retribution, and heavily penalize (including supplemental discipline) any excessive rough play. I think "victory is the best revenge" will be in play here, and while there may be an extra shot or two after the whistles, I don't think it will get out of hand, because both teams know that Big Brother is watching.
    Posted by 49-North

Oh I haven't forgotten that. However; who hit who? Who did the act that caused both players to miss. I don't think for a second that Rome intentionally meant to hit Horts like that. I just think that Horton will be out for some self gratification. He may even tell his teammates. 'Don't get involved, this is between me & Aaron. " Sometimes not all; but sometimes a lopesided fight can cause plenty. That's all I'm saying. Horton isn't a heavy weight fighter; neither is Rome. Horton is someone who can & will fight his own battles. I think it's OK for the NHL to give a warning to each team. Just because that happens doesn't mean Horton can't seek an eye by himself. I think if the league tells Horton that he isn't to engage Rome is WRONG. Bettman; Shanahan & Blake are not the ones who had their career jeopardized. I think Aaron owes Horton a toe to toe. Let it happen early; get it out of the way & play puck!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Blood bath ? Nah . Bring your loonies and toonies and you'll see something better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBr6PMkBY&feature=fvst

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Blood bath ? Nah . Bring your loonies and toonies and you'll see something better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBr6PMkBY&feature=fvst
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

BAWHAAAAA!!! I forgot about this!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...looks like sister act coulda scored there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The fans will circle this game in red on their calendars. The coaches of both teams will remind their players that this is one game out of 82 on their schedule, and that any player who ends up with a suspension because of their actions in this one game will be doing the rest of their teammates a disservice.  I would be very surprised if Rome hasn't already contacted Horton, to see how he's doing, and to tell him that it wasn't his intention to hurt him.  I'd also be surprised if Boychuk hasn't had the same conversation with Raymond.  While the fans would like it to be otherwise, I doubt that there's too much actual hatred amongst players in the league.  There's exceptions, of course (I doubt that Brodeur and Avery exchange Christmas cards), but in most cases, things are over-hyped by the fans and media.
    Posted by 49-North

Please tell me that you're not comparing the two. 

One was a late, brutal hit.  The other was a freak play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Don't forget that Rome also lost the opportunity to play in the final games, as well.  I doubt that anyone would intentionally attempt to injure someone, knowing that he could miss the most important games of his life as a result.  I'd be willing to bet that, after the hit, Rome was thinking "come on, Nate, get up".   While I'm not a neurosurgeon, I'd also be willing to bet that most of the injury resulted from Horton's head hitting the ice, rather than from contact with Rome's shoulder.
    Posted by 49-North

Defending Rome on a Bruins page?  THIS IS WHY YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. 

GET LOST.  GO CRY IN YOUR SOUP WITH THE REST OF THE LOSERS WHO SUPPORT A TEAM THAT HAS NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER WON IT ALL.

BEAT IT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

what the heck? Blaming the ice for causing the injury, while where at it, i dont think Donald Brashear suffered his injury from Mcsorleys stick whacking him, it was when his head the ice. So if Marty got a raw deal, the guy who does the ice should've gotten suspended as well.

Are you for real with that argument?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Oh I haven't forgotten that. However; who hit who? Who did the act that caused both players to miss. I don't think for a second that Rome intentionally meant to hit Horts like that. I just think that Horton will be out for some self gratification. He may even tell his teammates. 'Don't get involved, this is between me & Aaron. " Sometimes not all; but sometimes a lopesided fight can cause plenty. That's all I'm saying. Horton isn't a heavy weight fighter; neither is Rome. Horton is someone who can & will fight his own battles. I think it's OK for the NHL to give a warning to each team. Just because that happens doesn't mean Horton can't seek an eye by himself. I think if the league tells Horton that he isn't to engage Rome is WRONG. Bettman; Shanahan & Blake are not the ones who had their career jeopardized. I think Aaron owes Horton a toe to toe. Let it happen early; get it out of the way & play puck!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Uhhh nite , I don't think you've got the latest memo on defending Rome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Oh I haven't forgotten that. However; who hit who? Who did the act that caused both players to miss. I don't think for a second that Rome intentionally meant to hit Horts like that. I just think that Horton will be out for some self gratification. He may even tell his teammates. 'Don't get involved, this is between me & Aaron. " Sometimes not all; but sometimes a lopesided fight can cause plenty. That's all I'm saying. Horton isn't a heavy weight fighter; neither is Rome. Horton is someone who can & will fight his own battles. I think it's OK for the NHL to give a warning to each team. Just because that happens doesn't mean Horton can't seek an eye by himself. I think if the league tells Horton that he isn't to engage Rome is WRONG. Bettman; Shanahan & Blake are not the ones who had their career jeopardized. I think Aaron owes Horton a toe to toe. Let it happen early; get it out of the way & play puck!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I can't agree with you here Nite, i think Rome knew exactly what he was doing and i think Rome knew exactly what the result might be. What he likely didn't know was that a 4 game suspension came with it.

Sections
Shortcuts