Will January 7th be a blood bath?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?

I hope someone bites Burrows ear off! Sign Tyson for one night...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?:
    [QUOTE]i'm beginning to hope that winesock comes back on here and answers every single stupid post that kane's dognuts posts on here.
    Posted by bruinfan01[/QUOTE]

Not so loud. Don't jinx the fact that little Ye Olde Winesock is gone from this forum for good and gone from Beantown too. (Rumor is he was asked to leave Beantown by one of the moderators)

Both message boards are better off without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Not so loud. Don't jinx the fact that little Ye Olde Winesock is gone from this forum for good and gone from Beantown too. (Rumor is he was asked to leave Beantown by one of the moderators) Both message boards are better off without him.
    Posted by ThePhantomGourmet[/QUOTE]
    Then stop trying to bring him into an intelligent post & ruin it! Why don't YOU & Cockless Tonyo; Kanes Wingnut; whineo sock & who ever else is in this Dungeons & Dragon's clan. Go & have a thread called a "circle jerk". Seriously?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : I can't agree with you here Nite, i think Rome knew exactly what he was doing and i think Rome knew exactly what the result might be. What he likely didn't know was that a 4 game suspension came with it.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Aaron Rome isn't that type of player. Do you think Paille is an idiot because of one incident? I think "both" players got what they deserved; but I don't put either of them in the Matt Cooke category. Sorry; but Aaron Rome hasn't done enough with regards to late hits to make me think his whole intent was to mame Horton the way he did. Everybody hits to hurt; but not everybody hits to injure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Aaron Rome isn't that type of player. Do you think Paille is an idiot because of one incident? I think "both" players got what they deserved; but I don't put either of them in the Matt Cooke category. Sorry; but Aaron Rome hasn't done enough with regards to late hits to make me think his whole intent was to mame Horton the way he did. Everybody hits to hurt; but not everybody hits to injure.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I just think with the type of hit Rome laid on Horton he knew something was going to happen and it wasn't going to be good. I wouldn't put Rome in the same class as Cooke, but then who is . Cooke is a maliscious career ender. As far as Rome goes i think he is an honest player who got caught up in the heat of the moment and nailed an unsuspecting player when he wasn't looking. I think he knew what he was intending to do but that is just my opinion. I also seem to remember Rome being suspended before for a bad hit ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Two quick things on Rome:

1. It is kind of irrelevant to wonder about what his intent was.  I'm sure he wishes he didn't get suspended and I bet he wishes he didn't hurt Horton quite so badly.  The point is, he saw a player in a vulnerable position and he broke several NHL rules (late, left feet, targeted head) to seize the opportunity to punish the player.  When you do something totally reckless and it hurts somebody else, you really can't say much about your intentions.

2. One thing that is blatantly obvious from watching any angle of the replay is that Horton was knocked out cold by Rome's shoulder.  The injury was clearly a result of the collision with that hard-plastic shoulder pad to the face.  Saying it happened from the ice is just silly.  I think the Bertuzzi apologists made that argument too and it didn't hold any water then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Then stop trying to bring him into an intelligent post & ruin it! Why don't YOU & Cockless Tonyo; Kanes Wingnut; whineo sock & who ever else is in this Dungeons & Dragon's clan. Go & have a thread called a "circle jerk". Seriously?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Wow. You're tough for a guy posting on an anonymous message board. But if you were a member of the Beantown board or a long-time member of BDC instead of a tough guy, you would appreciate a Winesock-free board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Clean hit by Rome.  Deal with it because Horton already has.  That hit is water under the bridge.  But some of the other dirty Canucks still need dealing with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Clean hit by Rome.  Deal with it because Horton already has.  That hit is water under the bridge.  But some of the other dirty Canucks still need dealing with.
    I guess the N.H.L disciplinary department didn't agree with you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : I guess the N.H.L disciplinary department didn't agree with you.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

With all the attention on dirty hits, the hard but fair hits get lumped in with the Matt Cooke type stuff. And in the Finals, the media attention forced the NHL to make a move.  Horton has moved on, but obviously you have not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

I wonder how Rome feels about knowing he'll always wonder IF his hit on Horty single-handedly turned that series around and cost his team the Cup......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : With all the attention on dirty hits, the hard but fair hits get lumped in with the Matt Cooke type stuff. And in the Finals, the media attention forced the NHL to make a move.  Horton has moved on, but obviously you have not.
    So we can't talk about the Rome hit ever again? If thats the rules then i won't mention it again. As far as Horton moving on i wouldn't know. When was the last time you talked to him ? How's Welland this time of year ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : With all the attention on dirty hits, the hard but fair hits get lumped in with the Matt Cooke type stuff. And in the Finals, the media attention forced the NHL to make a move.  Horton has moved on, but obviously you have not.

You can't leave your feet to deliver a hit.

You can't hit someone long after they have passed the puck.

You can't target the head of an unsuspecting player.

Watch the replay again and try to gather your thoughts.  It was an illegal hit.  That's why he was suspended.  And, we're discussing a key play from the Stanley Cup finals two months ago -- it has nothing to do with people "moving on" or not.

You're gonna have to do a little better here, Phantom.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : Please tell me that you're not comparing the two.  One was a late, brutal hit.  The other was a freak play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The only similarity was that players got hurt, and nobody wants to see a player miss the biggest games of the year due to injury.  Just as Rome didn't want to see Horton hurt, I'm quite certain Boychuk didn't want to see Raymond get hurt either.  And while not malicious, it's 100% clear that Raymond doesn't sustain that injury if Boychuk doesn't ride him into the corner.

And it's interesting how, in the "lore" of this (Rome/Horton) incident, the hit gets later and later -- now people are saying 2 - 3 seconds!  Check the tape.  The moment the puck leaves Horton's stick, the clock reads "14:57";  the moment Rome makes contact, the clock still reads "14:57", and switches to "14:56" immediately after the hit.  So, far from being 2 - 3 seconds, it's clearly 1.0 - 1.2 seconds, max.  And Craig Simpson on the HNIC feed (who is no fan of the Canucks) says "... partial responsibility to Horton for watching the play...", but both he and Hughie agree that the hit is late.

If the rule on "interference/late hit" is 1.2 seconds, then Rome is guilty, but only just so.  I've not read one single Bruin fan on this forum admit that Horton should have kept his head up when crossing the blue line.  And I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that if, instead of Horton, that's Sedin, and instead of Rome, that's Ference, the chorus from you guys would be "the sister should have kept his head up!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Well, one of the Sisters was too busy getting punched in the face in game 6 but that's another story. A penalty was called on Marchand on that play but a matching 2 minute penalty should have been called on the sister for being a chicken-****.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : The only similarity was that players got hurt, and nobody wants to see a player miss the biggest games of the year due to injury.  Just as Rome didn't want to see Horton hurt, I'm quite certain Boychuk didn't want to see Raymond get hurt either.  And while not malicious, it's 100% clear that Raymond doesn't sustain that injury if Boychuk doesn't ride him into the corner. And it's interesting how, in the "lore" of this (Rome/Horton) incident, the hit gets later and later -- now people are saying 2 - 3 seconds!  Check the tape.  The moment the puck leaves Horton's stick, the clock reads "14:57";  the moment Rome makes contact, the clock still reads "14:57", and switches to "14:56" immediately after the hit.  So, far from being 2 - 3 seconds, it's clearly 1.0 - 1.2 seconds, max.  And Craig Simpson on the HNIC feed (who is no fan of the Canucks) says "... partial responsibility to Horton for watching the play...", but both he and Hughie agree that the hit is late. If the rule on "interference/late hit" is 1.2 seconds, then Rome is guilty, but only just so.  I've not read one single Bruin fan on this forum admit that Horton should have kept his head up when crossing the blue line.  And I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that if, instead of Horton, that's Sedin, and instead of Rome, that's Ference, the chorus from you guys would be "the sister should have kept his head up!"
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    This is the type of stuff that got me PO'ed at you before. What do you expect when you're in enemy's territory? You can't get upset when someone puts you're team; or it's players down. It's going to happpen. You can't complain about Bruins fans not putting any responsibility on Horton. This is THEIR space to say whatever they want about who they want. Yes this is anyones forum. However; you can't expect to have the same treatment. Whether you like it or not; this is how it will be. You & I have toned ourselves down. I think you are  knowledgeable & have some good post. Better than some of the morons that claim to be Bruins fans; but they're nothing but space wasters. Regardless; you're going to have to have tough skin.

It's carnal knowledge that Horton; or anybody else who gets hit like that is supposed to have their head up; but if the play developed in the time frame you say. Nathan still didn't have a chance. There's very few players (if any) that skates with their head up 100% of the time. 49 you're wasting your breath if you think you're going to win this argument in a Bruins forum. Not being snarky; just being blatantly honest. Don't believe me? Take a look down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : The only similarity was that players got hurt, and nobody wants to see a player miss the biggest games of the year due to injury.  Just as Rome didn't want to see Horton hurt, I'm quite certain Boychuk didn't want to see Raymond get hurt either.  And while not malicious, it's 100% clear that Raymond doesn't sustain that injury if Boychuk doesn't ride him into the corner. And it's interesting how, in the "lore" of this (Rome/Horton) incident, the hit gets later and later -- now people are saying 2 - 3 seconds!  Check the tape.  The moment the puck leaves Horton's stick, the clock reads "14:57";  the moment Rome makes contact, the clock still reads "14:57", and switches to "14:56" immediately after the hit.  So, far from being 2 - 3 seconds, it's clearly 1.0 - 1.2 seconds, max.  And Craig Simpson on the HNIC feed (who is no fan of the Canucks) says "... partial responsibility to Horton for watching the play...", but both he and Hughie agree that the hit is late. If the rule on "interference/late hit" is 1.2 seconds, then Rome is guilty, but only just so.  I've not read one single Bruin fan on this forum admit that Horton should have kept his head up when crossing the blue line.  And I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that if, instead of Horton, that's Sedin, and instead of Rome, that's Ference, the chorus from you guys would be "the sister should have kept his head up!"

This entire post is full of $ hit!

It's a late hit! Whether he keeps his head up or not, it's late therefore, illegal.... hence the suspension. Don't try to rationalize an incident that everyone sees as illegal. And I for one, don't appreciate your comment about if it were a Sedin.

A dirty hit is a dirty hit, regardless of the jersey on the player's back. This is hurting the sport badly. How horrible will it be if the NHL loses Sid? Should he have kept his head up to?

Gimme a break!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

49, you've made some good points here, but you're way off on this.  The hit was late, very late.  I don't care what digit the clock was on.  You can't line a guy up that long after he passed the puck and cream him.  Watch the replay -- it is really late.

Whether this board is biased or not (it is), doesn't really matter in this discussion.  Rome made a reckless charge at a vulnerable player and targeted his head.  It is what it is.  Paille did the same thing against Dallas this year and most everyone here endorse his suspension.  In this case, maybe Bruins fans would defend it if the teams were reversed, but they would be wrong.

The bit about keeping his head up is really a BS claim too.  Several players have come out publicly to point this out, most recently Keith Primeau.  When entering the offensive and making a pass across the blue line, you HAVE TO watch when the puck as it crosses the blue line so as not to be offsides.  This happens on every rush.  Players should keep their heads up when they are carrying the puck or receiving a pass, not when they are skating away from the play timing a rush into the zone.  Nobody expects to get hit that late, and no decent player can constantly scan for hits instead of playing the game.

The Bruins delivered some dirty hits throughout the course of the season (Marchand, Paille, Ference, etc.).  Boychuk's hit on Raymond, while very unfortunate, was not one of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]49, you've made some good points here, but you're way off on this.  The hit was late, very late.  I don't care what digit the clock was on.  You can't line a guy up that long after he passed the puck and cream him.  Watch the replay -- it is really late. Whether this board is biased or not (it is), doesn't really matter in this discussion.  Rome made a reckless charge at a vulnerable player and targeted his head.  It is what it is.  Paille did the same thing against Dallas this year and most everyone here endorse his suspension.  In this case, maybe Bruins fans would defend it if the teams were reversed, but they would be wrong. The bit about keeping his head up is really a BS claim too.  Several players have come out publicly to point this out, most recently Keith Primeau.  When entering the offensive and making a pass across the blue line, you HAVE TO watch when the puck as it crosses the blue line so as not to be offsides.  This happens on every rush.  Players should keep their heads up when they are carrying the puck or receiving a pass, not when they are skating away from the play timing a rush into the zone.  Nobody expects to get hit that late, and no decent player can constantly scan for hits instead of playing the game. The Bruins delivered some dirty hits throughout the course of the season (Marchand, Paille, Ference, etc.).  Boychuk's hit on Raymond, while very unfortunate, was not one of them.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I stated quite clearly in my post, that Boychuk's hit wasn't malicious, but it nonetheless resulted in a fractured vertebra for Raymond.  So, it's quite clear that Boychuk did not intend to injure Raymond.

While not as crystal clear, I would also conclude, based on Rome's past history, that he did not intend to injure Horton.

And regardless of what anyone says, the clock does not lie.  The hit was not "2-3 seconds late".  If the league deems that as a late hit, so be it, but it was not "ridiculously late".

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me -- I'm simply stating my opinion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

While not as crystal clear, I would also conclude, based on Rome's past history, that he did not intend to injure Horton.

Romes' history?  Meaningless.  Cheap shot artists start have to start somewhere and this was a cheap shot...no debate at all...hence the suspension.  

To any Bruins fan it was crystal clear what Rome tried to do and basically accomplished. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I look at the hit Richards threw on Krejci in 2010.  Not late like the Rome hit but it had vicious intentions and the result was the same.  Richards knew exactly what he was doing and the damage he could cause.  Result in 2010 was the player was out of the series.  I am convinced after watching the Rome on Horton hit at regular speed that Rome was doing the same thing.  In addition to it being dirty, vicious and with bad intentions....it was late.

Defending this hit is a joke as is trolling around on a rival teams message board shortly after getting embarrassed in the Stanley Cup final.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]While not as crystal clear, I would also conclude, based on Rome's past history, that he did not intend to injure Horton. Romes' history?  Meaningless.  Cheap shot artists start have to start somewhere and this was a cheap shot...no debate at all...hence the suspension.   To any Bruins fan it was crystal clear what Rome tried to do and basically accomplished.  Maybe I'm wrong but I look at the hit Richards threw on Krejci in 2010.  Not late like the Rome hit but it had vicious intentions and the result was the same.  Richards knew exactly what he was doing and the damage he could cause.  Result in 2010 was the player was out of the series.  I am convinced after watching the Rome on Horton hit at regular speed that Rome was doing the same thing.  In addition to it being dirty, vicious and with bad intentions....it was late. Defending this hit is a joke as is trolling around on a rival teams message board shortly after getting embarrassed in the Stanley Cup final.  
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the most objective viewpoint, is it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Everyone is focusing on Aaron Rome.  I'm expecting more to come in the form of Burrows, LaPierre and Hansen.  Especially with the first two being punks that can't help themselves when it comes to antagonizing their opponents.  Forget Rome, he probably won't even be playing unless some other D-man is hurt

The bite from Burrows, the mocking from LaPierre and the dirty hit on Ferrence near the end of game 7 from Hansen will not be forgotten and all it will take is the smallest spark to set it all off, which Burrows or LaPierre WILL supply

Whether the Canucks are willing or not, it's going to happen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I would expect Bergeron to have a bulls-eye on him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

the point is we want head shots out of the game.anyone see rome on tv saying i would do that hit again this tells me I'm a donkey head period...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I would expect Bergeron to have a bulls-eye on him.

What?  Bergeron?  Why?