Will January 7th be a blood bath?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Will January 7th be a blood bath?

Saturday, January 7th, 1:00pm EST, The Canucks comes to Boston

No we all know, regular season and playoff hockey are two different animals.  There's only so much you can do, in a playoff game, to seek retribution, due to the importance of the task at hand and how badly you want to stay away from a shorthanded situation, ejection or suspension.  But in the regular season?  Oh it's on

So do you think, even though we already delivered the worst blow possible, beating them in a Stanley Cup final, that the Bruins will be looking to settle some scores when the Canucks come to town?

You think Alex Burrows, Maxim LaPierre, Aaron Rome (if he's playing) and Jannik Hanson have some nastiness coming their way, the way the Canadians and Stars did last year

......I sure hope so

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?

you known Horton is gonna be looking for Rome for sure, count on it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unless one team has a five goal lead, I doubt anything will happen, especially to Aaron Rome.  The B's will take the high road, just like they have many times before. 

Think of this:  Cooke brought a brutal elbow to Savard's head.  In response, he had to fight Shawn Thornton for 25 seconds.  For the rest of the night, the B's laid down.  Rome threw a heck of a late hit, but it's nowhere near the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath?:
    [QUOTE]Unless one team has a five goal lead, I doubt anything will happen, especially to Aaron Rome.  The B's will take the high road, just like they have many times before.  Think of this:  Cooke brought a brutal elbow to Savard's head.  In response, he had to fight Shawn Thornton for 25 seconds.  For the rest of the night, the B's laid down.  Rome threw a heck of a late hit, but it's nowhere near the same.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, the voice of reason I suppose...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and what are the chances Luongo starts? Slim and none?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Unless one team has a five goal lead, I doubt anything will happen, especially to Aaron Rome.  The B's will take the high road, just like they have many times before.  Think of this:  Cooke brought a brutal elbow to Savard's head.  In response, he had to fight Shawn Thornton for 25 seconds.  For the rest of the night, the B's laid down.  Rome threw a heck of a late hit, but it's nowhere near the same.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I concur. No matter what happens. Even if the Canucks win the game & get lucky enough to win a fight or two. The second they get cocky. The B's will be pointing to the rafters & say how beautiful that banner looks! The Canucks know they'd NEVER be able to handle a bloodbath in Beantown! They'll only be concentrating on trying to embarress them on the scoreboard. The best part is? There is NO WAY that TT isn't in the Canucks heads. In his career against the Nuks he's allowed 8 goals in 10 games & has 4 shut-outs. He's only allowed more than 1 goal twice. Game 2 =3 & game 6= 2. The Canucks will have A FULL plate as it is to worry about. No way are they going to stupid enough to try & play "fight filled" game in Boston. They'll do whatever they have to do to stay away from that happening. The B's may try; but it won't happen. Van just don't have the parts to do it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This will get built up as a re-match, media will try to hype this up, some of the pink hats who came out in June will return for this Saturday matinee, then that will be it. They'll re-appear should the Bruins get to the second round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I think Carcillo will take care of Maxim Lapierre before then.  Hope so.

I hope Horton breaks Rome's face like Neely laid out Samuelsson after he returned from injury.  Somebody needs to show him that tape.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Neely vs. Samulsson:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQLj9H_aFQ

Now, that's some deep rooted hatred and anger.  You guys get bent when I pick on the "fighters" in today's game.  Many get honestly offended when I call Thornton a skating clown.

Well, first watch that Neely fight.  Take a look at what happens when a tough hockey player is mad enough to fight.

Now watch this joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQLj9H_aFQ

Players used to 100% FEAR the wrath of Cam Neely.  How many players in today's NHL are there that are truly afraid of Mr. Skating "Excuse me, if you please, I'd like a little go-round" Clown?

Zero is my best guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

A blood bath is extreme, but I think it will be a wild one.  They only meet once a year, I think there will be some nastiness.  There are some guys that would maybe like to say/do something they had to refrain from during the final.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Will January 7th be a blood bath? : I concur. No matter what happens. Even if the Canucks win the game & get lucky enough to win a fight or two. The second they get cocky. The B's will be pointing to the rafters & say how beautiful that banner looks! The Canucks know they'd NEVER be able to handle a bloodbath in Beantown! They'll only be concentrating on trying to embarress them on the scoreboard. The best part is? There is NO WAY that TT isn't in the Canucks heads. In his career against the Nuks he's allowed 8 goals in 10 games & has 4 shut-outs. He's only allowed more than 1 goal twice. Game 2 =3 & game 6= 2. The Canucks will have A FULL plate as it is to worry about. No way are they going to stupid enough to try & play "fight filled" game in Boston. They'll do whatever they have to do to stay away from that happening. The B's may try; but it won't happen. Van just don't have the parts to do it!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I think you're right Nite. Most of these types of games that get hyped-up beyond belief never turn out to be what everyone thinks or what the media makes it out to be. 

I think Rome will have to answer the hit but that'll be it. I don't think it'll be an all-out royal rumble. These type of hyped up games rarely do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Carcillo will take care of Maxim Lapierre before then.  Hope so. I hope Horton breaks Rome's face like Neely laid out Samuelsson after he returned from injury.  Somebody needs to show him that tape.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

Neely never got Ulfie back Boris! It was disgusting. The one time Neely went after him Kjell jumped in before Cam could get him! Neely still got kicked out for the instigator! UGH! the WORST RULE IN SPORTS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Neely vs. Samulsson:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQLj9H_aFQ Now, that's some deep rooted hatred and anger.  You guys get bent when I pick on the "fighters" in today's game.  Many get honestly offended when I call Thornton a skating clown. Well, first watch that Neely fight.  Take a look at what happens when a tough hockey player is mad enough to fight. Now watch this joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQLj9H_aFQ Players used to 100% FEAR the wrath of Cam Neely.  How many players in today's NHL are there that are truly afraid of Mr. Skating "Excuse me, if you please, I'd like a little go-round" Clown? Zero is my best guess.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Posted the same link twice, however I assume the second would be of a 'skating clown' fight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jmbc14. Show Jmbc14's posts

nas, that neely fight vs. ulf happened before the injury. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

nas, that neely fight vs. ulf happened before the injury. 
    Posted by Jmbc14

Trust me! NAS is full aware when that fight happened! The Ulfie vs Neely rivalry started when the "Swedish meatball" was a Whaler! He was showing the difference of what was a pure distain between two players fight vs what was a staged with no other reason then to keep their jobs. I agree. There's a HUGE difference between the 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Being the game is in Boston, I think that may defuse some of this and assist in preventing the Canucks from "playing out of their shoes."  Though, Burrows should have to answer for biting Bergie, and Maxine should also for his taunts, etc.  Hanson?  I don't think you'll see him playing as "brave" as he did in the Cup.

As far as Rome, if he plays, he should have to answer.

I think much of these issues will depend on how the game goes.  Regardless, the B's will only be more than willing to settle some unaddressed scores.....but, I doubt Vancouver will push it....they just don't have that type of team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jmbc14. Show Jmbc14's posts

i thought he was implying that neely was fighting out of pure rage for the injustice that ulf had done to neely. the words "deep rooted" was the part that made me wonder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKxV9ilsqo

Harry Neale says it best mid way through this clip. 
    "You live by the sword....."

As for the Nucks return to the Garden.  Doubt much will take place in this one.
    Oct 15 in Chicago is one to pay attention to.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

i thought he was implying that neely was fighting out of pure rage for the injustice that ulf had done to neely. the words "deep rooted" was the part that made me wonder.
    Posted by Jmbc14

No. Those two hated each other for about 3-4 seasons before the "kneeing" They played against each other probably anywhere between 18-24x before Ulfie went to Steeltown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Same kind of passion you saw when Lucic and Komisarek first dropped the gloves.

Oh man what a fight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

There are opponents who remember. Campbell was in one this past year that was a previous year carryover, but IMO the Bruins will play the Canucks as tough as is necessary. LaPierre might get an extra elbow, and Timmy just might whack the Swedes if necessary, nothing unusual.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Nucks are not a tough team, i doubt anything happens. If someone wants to punch Thelma or Louise 7 times in the yap, i imagine they will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree with 50below, how can it be a blood bath if one team doesn't fight?  The Bruins may want to throw a few extra shots at Burrows and Lapierre, but those guys won't drop the gloves with anyone, so really, what's the point.  The best revenge is already wrapped around their ring fingers.  Playing the Canucks might be a big deal to the fans, but I would guess that between the coaching staff and the players, it will be just another game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Same kind of passion you saw when Lucic and Komisarek first dropped the gloves. Oh man what a fight.
    Posted by matttt87

amen to that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1ntONphuE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

canucks will roll over and give up like all people in canada do lol.  another shut out for timmy thomas

Sections
Shortcuts