Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract?

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract?:
    In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : It was disgusting how Pierre McGuire was peeing in his pants ..... and to come to thinK of it he started calling it JVR's coming out party. Did Fred Cusick ever have to keep a stat for scoring chances to entertain us ? The answer is NO !  He didn't need all these stats to commentate a game. Today they come up with all these gimmick stats ...  Oh boy I'm sounding old. Roler, Seguin's performance was brilliant in that game against Tampa. He also tied a playoff record for points in a single game.  I'll just give you one of the other guys names that hold this record, Mario Lemieux. Not saying Seguin is the next Lemieux but that was an impressive performance that made his team win.
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion, I'm with you on this one. Everyone who wants to downplay Seguin's contribution keeps harping on the "it was just 1 period" over and over. Well the fact is, Seguin is the ONLY teenager to ever pull off a 4 point period in the playoffs. It was a record-breaking period that couldn't have occurred at a better time. Regarding Pierre Mcguire, we all know he likes to choose one player in the 1st period that he won't shut up about for the rest of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Hey, I'm not in the JVR Man-Love Camp like some others here, but showing a guy scoring garbage goals is a low blow, NAS.  But very funny nevertheless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey, I'm not in the JVR Man-Love Camp like some others here, but showing a guy scoring garbage goals is a low blow, NAS.  But very funny nevertheless.
    Posted by BruinsIn4

This is the game in question for JVR.  These are his two goals from that "dominating" performance.

Big.  Whoop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : This is the game in question for JVR.  These are his two goals from that "dominating" performance. Big.  Whoop.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That second one was amazing. I wish we had guys that score like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : One is a three year deal, the other is a six year deal.  I think there is a difference.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm curious about something. What did you think of Savy's 7 year extension at the time?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : I'm curious about something. What did you think of Savy's 7 year extension at the time?
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I thought it was the worst, most detrimental contract in Bruins history.  Yes, worse than Lapointe's because there was no cap then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marchand 2010-2011 playoffs

points -
    3rd on Bruins w/ 19 points
    6th in the NHL

GWG - 1
    tied for 5th on Bruins with 5 other players
    tied with 56 other guys in the NHL

OT goals - none.
    Horton had 2
    Krejci had 1
    Ryder had 1
    Peverly had 1

Game tying goals
    5th on Bruins
    30th in NHL

PIM
    2nd most on Bruins with 40
    tied for 6th most in the NHL with Downie
    (relevant factor, Bruins were 84.4% on the PK in the playoffs, 6th best)

S%
    18% - 3rd on Bruins
    which is 31st in the NHL

plus minus
    +12, tied for 3rd best on Bruins
    same thing for the NHL

face offs
    2nd worst on Bruins behind Lucic
    NHL
    28.6%
    159th overall - which is 21st worst.
    10 guys with 0%
    (note: in the regular season he was at 32%)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

JVR's numbers  - and it goes without saying that JVR played only 11 playoff games and BM 25.  I'll take out the comparison to the rest of the league since it's only relevant to BM for the purposes of this discussion.  Also weigh in that the Flyers met the Bruins that swept them, and swept them with the hottest goalie since dinosaurs walked the earth.

points -
    3rd on Flyers w/ 7 points
    Note
    Marchand had 8 goals
    JVR had 7 goals

GWG - 1
    tied with BM

OT goals - 1
    Marchand - none

PIM

S%
    10%

plus minus

face offs
    he didn't take any

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I won't, I agree your objective.. I disagree with you here though.. I think seguins night was better statistically, but I dont think he would have put up 4 points against thomas..  And I dont care about the announcers, they were all over him, he was great, but the story should have been the fact that thomas was better. Game 2 JVR took the puck to the net it seemed like every other shift, and thomas was forced to make huge saves on him continuously through out the game, and he was shredding chara and the bruins defense (far stronger then tampa's..) Seguin though he played great, I saw from him that night what I think he showed all season, when he is moving with the puck hes great, and he can certainly beat a guy one on one.. But in traffic, in congestion? We havent seen it yet, and thats what that game was, it was wide open, when he got his chances he buried them.. But he wasnt creating chances shift after shift, and he wasnt heald to 2 goals cause rolston was incredible that night, rolston gave up 8.. thomas gave up 2 all game..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I agree Roller. JVR scared the crap out of me that night. I saw dominance.  If he can build on that performance he will be dangerous.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : It was disgusting how Pierre McGuire was peeing in his pants ..... and to come to thinK of it he started calling it JVR's coming out party. Did Fred Cusick ever have to keep a stat for scoring chances to entertain us ? The answer is NO !  He didn't need all these stats to commentate a game. Today they come up with all these gimmick stats ...  Oh boy I'm sounding old. Roler, Seguin's performance was brilliant in that game against Tampa. He also tied a playoff record for points in a single game.  I'll just give you one of the other guys names that hold this record, Mario Lemieux. Not saying Seguin is the next Lemieux but that was an impressive performance that made his team win.
    Posted by BsLegion

Are you sure it wasn't the Tampa series and talking about Seguin? Same peeing, different team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : Are you sure it wasn't the Tampa series and talking about Seguin? Same peeing, different team.
    Posted by scooter244

No McGuire did it first on game2 against the Flyers.  He might of wet his pants when Seguin had that game against Tampa.
    Bottom line this color guys are just too colorful for my taste.
    Cheers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Will JVR's signing have any effect on a Marchand contract? : No McGuire did it first on game2 against the Flyers.  He might of wet his pants when Seguin had that game against Tampa. Bottom line this color guys are just too colorful for my taste. Cheers!
    Posted by BsLegion

I was also disgusted by the JVR gushing in that game.  True, JVR did have a good game and it was a story, but TT and the Bruins stopping him and them dead in their tracks was a bigger story.

Sections
Shortcuts