Will Marchand hit be reviewed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Will Marchand hit be reviewed?

I thought it was a good hit but since he was just suspended, will they take a look at it? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed?

In Response to Will Marchand hit be reviewed?:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was a good hit but since he was just suspended, will they take a look at it? 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I hope not,it was a terrible call.Marchand did a good job keeping his forearms down into Gomez's chest.What a PK though.Shorthanded 5 on 3 breakaway........sweeeeeet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Nope... they both kind of smashed into each other. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It was a face to face... not hit to the head!!  No need for suspension!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

They better not. BS call. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess technically it was a head shot. Could perhaps both players be suspended....lol!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This is Montreal folks... they're probably already rioting and calling for a police investigation!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

An APB has been put out............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed?:
    [QUOTE]An APB has been put out............
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]
    They're on the hunt for the Habs self-respect.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The NHL office in Toronto monitors all games and review all questionable hits then send it over to the league office in New York if they think it should be reviewed is what I was led to believe. I haven't seen the hit in slow mo or a reverse angle replay to see if it was a hit to the head. Right away I thought there was no intent so we'll see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It will get reviewed, but won't be a suspension. Like Lucaooo said above......it was face to face..........and Gomez got the worst of it. Broke his nose!! Marchand looked like he had a bit of shiner under his right eye afterwards....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

It was a terrible call for it even to be considered roughing. I don't see how it's possible to suspend someone for head on head contact, when the main force of the blow was Marchand's hands to the chest of Gomez(the only Hab who showed anything tonight) good hockey hit like to see more of them.

Wonder if anybody saw the Komisarek hit on Olver tonight? I think this was a questionable hit, looked like a good forearm shiver to the head of Olver who didn't really see the hit coming as he was looking back for the puck(bad pass in the neutral zone). Haven't really been able to see a real good replay of the hit as my computer video seems to be a bit iffy lately so maybe it looked worse at first glance then what it actually was. I don't think Komisarek was penalized for the hit but I could be wrong, thoughts? I don't want hitting out of hockey but guys taking runs looking to take guys heads off with the amount of armour they have on nowadays is getting pretty crazy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

Nevermind Marchand's hit. How about a review of that stick swing by Plecanik on Horton?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_0JIpbECo

I see primary contact to Gomez's chest/shoulder.  Looks like a good open ice hit, kept elbows down, hits Gomez in the chest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_0JIpbECo I see primary contact to Gomez's chest/shoulder.  Looks like a good open ice hit, kept elbows down, hits Gomez in the chest.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Crowls.The Habs better hope the league doesn't start reviews of anything that took place in that game.Plekanek sticking Horton was reckless at best.Horton was dangerously close to having that directly in his eye.I also wasn't too impressed with Gomez crying about his stick not making contact with Chara's face.When I was younger,the refs called a penalty for having your stick too high(just near someone's head).Thinking he didn't deserve 2 minutes ,simply because his stick stayed millimetres from Chara's face was ridiculous.I thought it was exactly the right call.More referees have to go back to calling the near misses if they want guys to be more careful with their sticks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

having just watched the replay about 15 times...it's a clean, nasty hit. He stepped into him and got him up high in the chest. The call on the ice was bad but the refs are on edge and are calling anything that looks questionable. When the hit is reviewed the only comment from the league should be "Whoa! Nice #%&&#@ hit!".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Marchand is lucky he is short. If that was chara hitting gomez, it definitely would have taken his head off....Gomez skates so low and bent over, its tough not to check him and come close to making contact with his head when he is hunched over like that. The thing they may have called marchand more for, was because he extended his arms out to make contact rather than the shoulder....At least thats what I saw.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

marchand's hit looks solid to the chest. If they review the game, they may see the attempt by Gomez or Gionta to butt end Chara in the belt area. The attempt missed or Chara could have been injured

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Absolutely not that was a GREAT hit! Thats the perfect type of hit for anyone to throw thats textbook how you stand someone up.

I was screaming at the TV that it was a penalty. Then laughing when Soupy scored 5-3. Should not be reviewed but probably will because it was BOS-MTL and marchand who threw the hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Looked like a good hit to me, also a little side props for Gomez who just bounced up like a man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from orifice69. Show orifice69's posts

Same exact hit Subban had on marchand earlier in the year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

That was the best, and cleanest hit  that I have seen Marchand throw. NO WAY was it a penalty. The crap that was thrown at Recchi in front of the goal is certainly reviewable - but the refs didn't want to call a penalty on Montreal until Recchi retalliated.

But then again what do you expect when it is Montreal playing.  They will always get the first power play even if the refs have to manufacture a call.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

I agree if anything should be reviewed it should be Plekanic's chop to Horton..or whoever hammered Seguin in the corner

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Should not be reviewed but probably will because it was BOS-MTL and marchand who threw the hit.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Montreal is the most penalized team in the NHL. Chara didn't get suspended (he didn't deserve to be, either). They don't get favours in this area from the league.

The Marchand hit? Even with my bias (I think Marchand is a talented dirtbag, and have felt that way since he played in Moncton), there have been hundreds worse than that one this year.  I don't think it'll even be remembered by Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yes it will be reviewed...it will be on the nhl's "how to make a clean open ice hit" video next year for all the gm's to see. that hit was a beauty! hardly roughing- bogus call- i'm sure the phone lines were busy in montreal!!!

Sections
Shortcuts