Will Marchand hit be reviewed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed?

Totally clean hit.  Good shoulder hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed?:
    [QUOTE]Looked like a good hit to me, also a little side props for Gomez who just bounced up like a man.
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

Great point.  Very un-Hab like!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : Montreal is the most penalized team in the NHL. Chara didn't get suspended (he didn't deserve to be, either). They don't get favours in this area from the league. The Marchand hit? Even with my bias (I think Marchand is a talented dirtbag, and have felt that way since he played in Moncton), there have been hundreds worse than that one this year.  I don't think it'll even be remembered by Sunday.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I meant because that game was under a microscope by the league not because of MTL favoritism. Which doesnt exactly seem to exist this year, but in the Bell Centre in the Playoffs its whole nother ball game.

I agree I feel very similar about Subban Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Personally, I would have taken a run at that little turd, Plekanec.   Anyone who runs around that reckless with their stick ALL NIGHT LONG needs a sever beatdown.

I think it was one of the Sutter's back in the day who was infamous for that kind of thing.

It wasn't just the Horton hit either.  Every time he goes to hit someone, he has his stick like a sickle, slicing up at head level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : I meant because that game was under a microscope by the league not because of MTL favoritism.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with that I agree. That certainly was the game of the month, as far as attention in the hockey world was concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : Montreal is the most penalized team in the NHL. Chara didn't get suspended (he didn't deserve to be, either). They don't get favours in this area from the league. The Marchand hit? Even with my bias (I think Marchand is a talented dirtbag, and have felt that way since he played in Moncton), there have been hundreds worse than that one this year.  I don't think it'll even be remembered by Sunday.

Montreal is not the most penalized team in the league. Not even close. Pitt and NYI and a bunch of other teams are more penaliized including Boston.

Did you think the Marchand hit on Gomez was clean?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I say no, Their was another hit that i saw this morning on NHL network form the Tor/COl Game. Same type of hit center ice so Just part of the game. I though it was a good hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : Montreal is not the most penalized team in the league. Not even close. Pitt and NYI and a bunch of other teams are more penaliized including Boston. Did you think the Marchand hit on Gomez was clean?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Montreal has been shorthanded more than any other team in the league. Sorry I didn't phrase it that way.  I didn't think matching majors or minors mattered when talking about perceived breaks a team gets from the officials, because by definition, a matching penalty is exactly that--both team gets the same thing.

I didn't have a problem with Marchand's hit, as I already said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Horrible call but I kinda see why they called it.  Boston/Habs.  Everything leading up.  League cracking down on head shots, etc.  They almost HAD to call it JUST in CASE it was a head shot.  It was a super clean, super hard hit.  Nothing more or less.  Wrong call, NHL wont do anything.  Nor should they.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

One thing I do want to ask. There was a play near the end of the first period. Marchand was attempting to skate around the net, a Montreal player cut him off & the whistle blew for some reason. As the Montreal player was skating away, Marchand brought his foot up & kicked out. I don't have a PVR to re-look, but my first thought was. "WOW! DID HE JUST TRY TO KICK THAT GUY!?" Even one of the refs went over to him right away. Did anyone else see this? If you did, what was your first reaction? If he did try to kick somebody, that's not kewl at all! He could've been losing his balance & caught himself as he was falling backwards causing his leg to kick up. I wish I could see it again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Unfortunately, now every time someone gets leveled, the first thoughts are penalty, review, suspension.
    It's gonna get worse in the playoffs, and the league, the refs, and the players don't have a clue where that line is drawn in the sand.
    It certainly wasn't roughing, but refs are pretty much calling anything now...that looks a little violent.  Till this is figured out...it's the safe play for the officials.
    This stuff is so subjective.  I don't see how anyone could make much of an assumption, one way or the other.  The players background seems to be incredibly important, and Marchand is quickly building a league wide reputation as a rat.  A player has a broken nose(which could easily be a concussion too).  Some will say it's a head shot, some won't.....endless, perpetual debate, on a subject evolving almost as fast as the game is played.
    Nothing would surprise me....and right now...everybody loses.  The fans, the players, the league....and it's difficult to blame anybody.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Call 9-1-1!  The RCMP need to investigate that hit!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : Montreal has been shorthanded more than any other team in the league. Sorry I didn't phrase it that way.  I didn't think matching majors or minors mattered when talking about perceived breaks a team gets from the officials, because by definition, a matching penalty is exactly that--both team gets the same thing. I didn't have a problem with Marchand's hit, as I already said.

I'm not sure that's true either but maybe I read the stats wrong. I thought Pitt was the most shorthanded. But either way, I get your point.

The refs called a couple of questionable calls on Boston and missed a couple on Montreal (e.g. high stick on seguin) so you have to understand where Boston fans might think, correctly or not, that there is a Montreal bias by the officials. Combine that with the history when there was a bias ( I believe this 100%) years ago and you will get fans complaining about the refs favoring Montreal after every game. Especially when the Montreal team currently has so many guys who dive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Not most penalized against Bos.

Bruin's 30 minors and a major = 65 mins

Habs 26 minors = 52 mins.

This includes 2 5-3's.

When Pierre said they were the most penalized team in the league,I could not believe it, had to look it up and the B's are 3rd fewest, but the B's have 3PP only more than PK.

March hit is not suspensionable,but riotable and or public mischievable(call 911).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I loved the hit, thought it was clean. At the same time Marchand has to be careful & accountable for his actions. With 1 suspension already under his belt & the league all over this issue right now, he shouldn't be making the highlights for this reason. I like that he plays with an edge, he just has to be responsible about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I do want to ask. There was a play near the end of the first period. Marchand was attempting to skate around the net, a Montreal player cut him off & the whistle blew for some reason. As the Montreal player was skating away, Marchand brought his foot up & kicked out. I don't have a PVR to re-look, but my first thought was. "WOW! DID HE JUST TRY TO KICK THAT GUY!?" Even one of the refs went over to him right away. Did anyone else see this? If you did, what was your first reaction? If he did try to kick somebody, that's not kewl at all! He could've been losing his balance & caught himself as he was falling backwards causing his leg to kick up. I wish I could see it again.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Do you remember any more details of when it happened?  I just checked the last few shifts of his in the 1st, and i couldn't see anything.  Which telecast were you watching?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : I'm not sure that's true either but maybe I read the stats wrong. I thought Pitt was the most shorthanded. But either way, I get your point. The refs called a couple of questionable calls on Boston and missed a couple on Montreal (e.g. high stick on seguin) so you have to understand where Boston fans might think, correctly or not, that there is a Montreal bias by the officials. Combine that with the history when there was a bias ( I believe this 100%) years ago and you will get fans complaining about the refs favoring Montreal after every game. Especially when the Montreal team currently has so many guys who dive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byteam?cat=misc&conference=NHL&year=season_2010&cut_type=0&sort=415

PIT is second, unless they are shorthanded 11 times in their next game.

Here on the Bruins board, the message that is oft-repeated is that Stanley Cups from 30-40 years ago don't matter now. I actually happen to agree. That said, any real or perceived league bias from 30-40 years ago isn't relavant right now, either. Based on the facts, the refs or league favouring Montreal just isn't happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

ESPN is tweeting that Komisarik and Marchand will not receive supplementary discipline.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

I wish he'd get suspended for the rest of the season he hasn't done a damn thing for a month or longer. Same with Ryder. Ryder should wear a skirt. Sissy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byteam?cat=misc&conference=NHL&year=season_2010&cut_type=0&sort=415 PIT is second, unless they are shorthanded 11 times in their next game. Here on the Bruins board, the message that is oft-repeated is that Stanley Cups from 30-40 years ago don't matter now. I actually happen to agree. That said, any real or perceived league bias from 30-40 years ago isn't relavant right now, either. Based on the facts, the refs or league favouring Montreal just isn't happening.

I don't think there is a bias either. Just saying why some fans would think so.

I actually feel bad for any ref doing a boston-montreal tilt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN is tweeting that Komisarik and Marchand will not receive supplementary discipline.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I didn't see Komisarek's yet, but Marchand's was a textbook, clean hit with his shoulder.

I don't even get the implication by anyone thinking otherwise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I actually feel bad for any ref doing a boston-montreal tilt.

You and me both. That's a job I'd never want. No issues with the O'Rourke or O'Halloran last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Marchand hit be reviewed? : You and me both. That's a job I'd never want. No issues with the O'Rourke or O'Halloran last night.
    I thought they did a good job,all things considered.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I wish he'd get suspended for the rest of the season he hasn't done a damn thing for a month or longer. Same with Ryder. Ryder should wear a skirt. Sissy.
    Posted by raa5150[/QUOTE]

Did you even watch the game? Marchand was all over the ice, great on the PP and threw a great hit that was a terrible Penalty call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I'll give Komi credit, his hit was huuuuuuuge. Thought he killed him.

Sections
Shortcuts