will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton

Finger biting. Nothing. Now a cheap head shot hit by Rome. What will happen? I surely hope Horton is ok. Just an ugly shot. Great response from Bs. Keep it going boys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton

Head down by Horton, if Rome in fact took several strides into Horton then yes it is a suspension.  Otherwise, it is the Stanley Cup, the team needs to show up... like tonight!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

a late, blind side shot to the head absolutely should be a suspension. 2 games minimum. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Paille: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJbKBZdsN4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Paille got 4 for A LOT LESS!!!!!  That hit is a rest of the series and 10 next year.  The league will chick sh*t out like usual because its not Cooke or Avery, but its a 14 game suspension without a doubt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He will be suspended.  There is no way the league can look the other way on this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton:
    [QUOTE]He will be suspended.  There is no way the league can look the other way on this one.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

good call hang rome is going to get 4 games and done for cup finals!!! if they really want to send message to these to teams the suspension may go into next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

[QUOTE]He will be suspended.  There is no way the league can look the other way on this one.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

indeed after everything else that ahs transpired  or else they are opening a big can of worms

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I hope they suspend him for at LEAST the rest of the year AND do NOT allow him ANY contact with the team for the REST OF THE YEAR!  If Vancouver goes all the way, no hoisting the cup, no locker room celebrations, no team photo, etc.  It was a dirty hit that could have seriously injured a superstar player.  He is done and gone, period, end of story.  Ruin it for him like he did for Horton.  He is a nobody and took out a superstar on the opposing team.   The league needs to start sending a message for this stuff.  Why dont they fine guys like the NFL does too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : Were you watching the same play islamorada? Horton delivered pass and took 2 strides with head up and got a shoulder to the head. Cheap shot all the way. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

isla is usually dead on but not this time.  You're 100% correct. How can he have his head down when he looks up, makes the pass to Lucic , still has his head up looking at the play.  Rome comes in blind sides Horton with a very very late hit.
    What pisses me off if they're saying , "it's not a north/ south hit " not rule48. 
    This is why I think he might not even get suspended.
    BS this north/south /east/west.... blind side to a vulnerable player is dirty, period!
    Actually there is part of me that doesn't want a suspension.  I want a mad Bruins team, again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It deserves at least four games, but I think the league will chicken out (again) and just give one... just so they can say they enforced the new rule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The more I watch that replay, the worse it looks to me.  That never happens, I almost always moderate my initial impression.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

He should be done for the Series but he will get 1 game.  The NHL say they want this stuff out but then they bail not giving tougher sentences and they get even wussier during the play-offs.  One Stanley Cup Final game is like 10 regular season games so 1 game is a huge suspension.  What about Horton?  His Stanley Cup Finals are most likely over and Rome should suffer the same fate.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just read on Sportsnet that Rome will have a meeting tomorrow morning with NHL brass.. My guess is he gets two games... who cares, not a good trade off for the Bruins..  I think Horton is done for the season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Absolutely 100% should be suspended - MINIMALLY the rest of the series. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4jnuOfDFXI

I've watched this replay like 20 times
    1) That was text book hit from the blind side.
    2) The rule has always been the guy is fair game until the other guy gets the puck, so it was also interference.
    3) He was targetting the head.
    4) He *WOULD* has left his feet, except Horton's head prevented him from getting air.  In other words he was jumping up into Horton's head.
    5) At the 53 second mark it is clearest that he took 5 strides to get to Horton, so it was premeditated by those 5 strides as there was no other reason to be moving that way other than to hit Horton.

They have to suspend him for that.  If not, then the Bruins are just about forced into the old 1970's street justice thing and that's exactly what the NHL is trying to avoid.  The NHL already blew it with the Burrow's bite, if they don't enforce this one, then they become more of a farce than they already are about this kind of thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : isla is usually dead on but not this time.  You're 100% correct. How can he have his head down when he looks up, makes the pass to Lucic , still has his head up looking at the play.  Rome comes in blind sides Horton with a very very late hit. What pisses me off if they're saying , "it's a north/ south hit " not rule48.  This is why I think he might not even get suspended. BS this north/south /east/west.... blind side to a vulnerable player is dirty, period! Actually there is part of me that doesn't want a suspension.  I want a mad Bruins team, again.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I agree legion. That's what's going to happen. There won't be a suspension because of the direction & they will partially blame Horton. Same way they only gave Jones 2 games on his hit on Bergy. I agree that Horton MUST be aware; but at the same time. I do hope that Shananhan finds a way to change this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Of course it's a blow losing Horton but regardless if whether or not Rome is one of their weaker defenceman ,Vancouver now has to substitute another D and Alberts has to play more minutes.Horton has scored some big goals but there isn't any reason to think Ryder could score some goals playing with Krejci and Lucic .Seguin comes back in with something to prove .The intabgibles could favor the B's in this scenario.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]a late, blind side shot to the head absolutely should be a suspension. 2 games minimum. 
    Posted by Altus123[/QUOTE]

Agree, at least 2 games.
    Especially after letting Burrows off the hook, the NHL is stuck with handing out a suspension for violating rule 48. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : I agree legion. That's what's going to happen. There won't be a suspension because of the direction & they will partially blame Horton. Same way they only gave Jones 2 games on his hit on Bergy. I agree that Horton MUST be aware; but at the same time. I do hope that Shananhan finds a way to change this.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying must be aware but come on...  what are players supposed to do ?   Might aswell stop skating and look all around if someone is coming. Then what ? 
    Horton is looking and makes a pass to Lucic.  One Mississippi two Mississippi and three at this point he cannot think someone is going to hit him.
    It's the same as a player skating without the puck and someone comes and belts him to the side of the head for no apparent reason and then blame the player getting hit because he should have been aware that there was a dirty MF on the ice.
    Wasn't there a movie made to reflect this starting Paul Newman ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Of course it's a blow losing Horton but regardless if whether or not Rome is one of their weaker defenceman ,Vancouver now has to substitute another D and Alberts has to play more minutes.Horton has scored some big goals but there isn't any reason to think Ryder could score some goals playing with Krejci and Lucic .Seguin comes back in with something to prove .The intabgibles could favor the B's in this scenario.   
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you don't lose a guy that has scored 17 pts in the playoffs and not affect your line up.. Horton is better than Ryder and Seguin put together ..B's lose out on this one..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I think this is a classic example of what happens when a "skil" team tries to play agressive playoff hockey.  They don't know how to do it; so they end up doing cheep shots throughout the series...they are not an agressive hard hitting team and cannot play in control in games like this. 

This was ineviatble.  If the Bruins keep up the physical play, we will win this series...if we don't lose any more players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : Sorry, but you don't lose a guy that has scored 17 pts in the playoffs and not affect your line up.. Horton is better than Ryder and Seguin put together ..B's lose out on this one..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Ryder's play could significantly improve[points wise] if he plays with Krejci

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think we have some overly optimistic fans that are in denial over the loss of our best clutch player so far in these playoffs... Horton has delivered the big goals when needed and now he will be lost for the remainder (and with all due respect to Seguin, he is not ready to step up.)

Bruins lose in 5 now regardless of suspension to Rome.

I hope Horton is all right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : Ryder's play could significantly improve[points wise] if he plays with Krejci
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

I would try Seguin on first line and add some speed to that line.. Keep Ryder where he is with Peverly and Kelly.. What do you have to lose? I think Seguin with that type of responsibility might even thrive in that situation..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here we go.  On NHL on the Fly the debate has already sprung up.
    Doug Wieght says there should be a suspension and 2 morons, Mike Johnson and Marty Turco both say he did nothing wrong. Get this ..... it was a north south hit !!! Are these guys for real ? 
    BTW technically it was totally north/south if we want to nit pick.

Then the gazoo twin says it as a late hit but a clean hit ????
    LATE = CLEAN  what drugs are these guys on ?

Sections
Shortcuts