will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton

It's sooo funny (or pitiful i dont know which one is best) to see how B's fans are furious about head shots when a boston player is affected.

When you spit in the air ( char-rat on paciorrety ) , it comes back to your face later.

Have a good long nap Mr Horton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

miracle max was faking, bruins87.  just like how your wife fakes orgasms with you. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton:
    [QUOTE]you want teams to start taking this issue seriously? don't let the canucks replace the offender on their roster. play a man down until his suspension is up. easy.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be against considering that being made NHL policy, but since it's not currently NHL policy there's no way that this can happen.

Not necessarily something to dismiss for the future, though.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : i am shocked at people saying one game only.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The people saying one game suspension aren't necessarily saying that's all he DESERVES. They're saying that's what the NHL will meter out as punishment.

Since when has NHL justice been a beacon of logic, fairness and wisdom?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hey bruins87...ENJOY WATCHING BRUINS WIN IT ALL. i know i'm going to. last i checked there is NO RULE AGAINST riding somebody into a stancion. as a habs fan, you must think it's them out there playing instead of the canucks...similiar style... gutless, flopping fools. montreal-esque hockey, i thought this crap was over? ole ole ole ole---HAHAHAHA

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : Obviously, as a Canuck fan, I'm going to see things a bit differently.  Here's what I saw: Horton makes a pass, then stares at it -- he doesn't take his eyes off the pass, even though he's crossing the blue line.  I think CJ made a remark earlier this season, when he said that players "need to think about protecting themselves", when a Bruin concussed an opposing player (I don't remember the exact incident, but I remember CJ's quote).  The only reason the hit is "blind" is because Horton is staring at the pass.  If he looks back IN HIS DIRECTION OF TRAVEL, then he sees Rome right there, and either avoids the hit , or braces himself for it.  In no way, shape or form, is this a "blindside hit".  It comes from directly in front of him. Rome doesn't "take 5 strides";  that's flat out ludicrous.  Watch the tape -- he's skating backwards, then actually comes to a stop, and takes ONE STEP towards Horton, and hits him WITH HIS SHOULDER.  No "chicken wing".  It's clearly his shoulder.  For some reason, just before the hit, Horton drops down in his skating stride, bringing his head down. The injury occurs when Horton's head hits the ice.  Because he didn't see the hit coming, the impact was severe. I think that the docs, if asked, will say that the concussion came as a result of a blow to the BACK of the head (when he hit the ice) rather than from the front (due to Rome's hit). Rome isn't a dirty player. He has no 'history' with the NHL's supplemental discipline office.  If he gets a suspension, which I don't think he should, it will be one game. Obviously, I'm glad that to hear that Horton's OK, and that he'll likely be released from the hospital tomorrow.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

49-North, in your commentary you focused on Horton.  I have had a chance to review the hit since my first comment last night.  Rome took three strides and came off his skates to hit Horton.  Whether or not Rome is a dirty player or not is not the issue.  The league changed the rules to eliminate those types of play considering the speed of the younger players (less clutch and grab too).  So focus on Rome's play and make another comment.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Perhaps attach a 1 goal penalty to stuff like this?? I mean a bum takes out horton.

So we lose our #1 RW, Clutch Scorer and Best shooter they lose a bum #6 defenseman????? Thats a sweet trade off, hell Thorty should just run Kesler's face into the ice ala Bertuzzi next game if he gets anything less than full series+huge fine.

If something is determined to be a series rule 48 Violation that results in a seriously injured player, the offending team surrenders 1 goal on the score board. Maybe then these players would take each others safety more seriously. You wouldnt want to be the goat if your team lost by 1 goal assigned as a penalty point for your stupid reckless action.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

[QUOTE]miracle max was faking, bruins87.  just like how your wife fakes orgasms with you. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

u made my day LMFAO
    Bruins87 if ur a Habs fan why use Bruins in ur nickname?
    Krejci,  Bergeron 3x, McQuaid, Savard 2x ,  is this enough players on the Bruins team that have been effected ?
    6 of the concussions above happened b4 ur beloved Pacioretty.  us Bruin fans knwo this routine well longer than u and ur team!
    go away moron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'm surprised a guy like Thornton didn't target the head/knee of kesler or one of the sedins. If I was an enforcer type, that's what I would've done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will ROME be suspended for cheap shot on Horton : You're a pansy.  That's the difference between you and your hair gel as a Canadiens fans and the rest of us Bruins fans. If you allow people to line one another up well after the puck is gone, not even legitimately playinng the body within the play itself, players will be injured like that every game. It's a far cry from a poorly designed stansion and Chara angling a player to the boards to cut him off from the puck. You Canadiens fans do not know the game of hockey. Embarrassing for you. Maybe bring back Shayne Corson, Chris Chelios and every other pansy who ever played there who would only grab you from behind or facewash and never fight? PANSIES
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

and that s why the Hansen bros were created .  just skate and hit everyone , after the whistle, b4 game starts in warm up, punch the guys on the bench when they r not looking.  why not ????  isnt it allowed ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Hes gota be suspended but if it only a game or 2 at least the bruins will be able to punish this bum and get their own justice if this pu ke plays again in the series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The NHL will most likely suspend Rome, my guess the number of games will be limited.  The intent of the rule should out weigh the wording of the rule.  The league needs the rules to have "commonality" in interpretation and judgement.  So each case is determined by the previous ones.  Otherwise, the debate will be on whether it is north, east, blindside, etc. rather than the hit.  The intent of Rome was to injure, period.  One of the reasons I enjoy hockey is the hitting.  I do not want it eliminated but certain hits are not warranted, Rome's hit is that category!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins87 if ur a Habs fan why use Bruins in ur nickname?
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

cause Bruins-sucks wasnt allowed when i try to register first.
    so i need to choose something more "neutral"

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238

If the league suspended Kyle for 3 games for this hit, when Zednik actually had the puck and there was no rule 48.1 in place and a point of emphasis, then you tell me what Rome should get?  

Nowhere do I see North/South in the definition.  Even dum az$ Canucks fans have said that Horton was looking at his pass to Lucic.  Rome's Hit came from the side opposite that toward which a person is looking.  Minimum of 4 games!

blind side

–noun
    the part of one's field of vision, as to the side and rear,where one is unable to see approaching objects.
    the side opposite that toward which a person is looking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It seems Rome will be meeting Murphy in person.  Is that just because it is the playoffs, or do the regular season rules apply?  Anyone remember what those are?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hojogo. Show hojogo's posts

Vicious hit, worthy of a long suspension.  Reminded me of Chara's hit on Pacioretty.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts