Will Stafford get fine/suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Will Stafford get fine/suspension?

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Stafford threw an intentional elbow square to Doug's face... whether it did any damage or whether Doug embellished only changes the penalty. But no penalty was called.

So I believe winning the Cup (or the WAY in which you win the Cup) certainly has some relevance... just not in the way you are suggesting. This team is known as being Big and Bad. Players may take more liberties (or feel they have to.) Refs may allow more. It happens.

So the league will not give the Bruins any breaks on disciplinary decisions to offending teams because of the way the Bruins had the image of being "big and bad" on their way to the cup ?

And the plot thickens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Interpret however you wish. Had a penalty been called as it should have been, I believe it would have been looked at by the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Does anyone have a link to the Stafford elbow on Hamilton?  I didn't see it.   I looked on youtube but there isn't anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I'm glad someone else finally brought it up. I was starting to think my brother and I were the only ones who saw the blatant (and purposeful) elbow.

My question, is why haven't any of the Bruins beat writers talked about it, they were at the morning skate.  No mention of whether it is even being reviewed.

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either it was cheap shot,i hope next game against Sabres someone makes him pay

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

IMO Hamilton missed a golden opportunity to make a statement. I'd have loved to see him drop the gloves with Stafford the next time they were on the ice together. Win, lose or draw it would have been nice to see. Maybe it's the "Old time hockey" fan in me but I think it could have given the B's a boost.

I'd be surprised if anything happened to Stafford via the league. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Interpret however you wish. Had a penalty been called as it should have been, I believe it would have been looked at by the league.

There was no penalty called on the Erskine hit to Simmonds. There should have been.

Erskine has a hearing today with the league. 

Sections
Shortcuts