Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?

Headed down to the ACC and sure hoping it's another trip to the woodshed at the hands of the B's for the TML's.

Predictions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?

Not a beatdown, but hopefully a win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Leafs were in a funk recently but have now won 3 straight, they put up big goals against Tampa and the Caps last week.

I expect a tougher Laffs team this week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I don't think the Leafs will be pushovers like they have been the past two games.  It should be a much game.  If the B's show up, it should still be no contest though.  Toronto has one or two good lines that can be shut down by Z or Seidenberg and the Bruins run deep with scoring talent against a mediocre-at-best Toronto D.  Plus, Thomas vs. Scrivens... nuff said.

There is really no reason for the Bruins to ever lose to the Leafs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

We're going to keep it within a touchdown, guaranteed!!

Seriously, I expect the Leafs to show up better this go around.  Goaltending has improved and they have been scoring well in their recent streak.

Still, Bruins not a good matchup for the Leafs who are small up front.

If the Bruins play strong, discipline hockey and don't let the Leafs free-wheel to take advantage of their skating, I cant' see the Leafs winning either game.

Prediction:
    Game 1:  Boston 4 - Toronto 2 (empty net goal)
    Game 2:  Boston 5 - Toronto 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Leafs were booed off the ice and they got embarrassed the last game against the Bruins. I doubt very much it'll be a beat down.
    I think will be a close game and maybe even OT.
    Start Thomas on Wednesday and maybe Rask at home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

BRUINS will win both Wed. & Sat.  Then the show down with #$ittsburgh!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?:
    We're going to keep it within a touchdown, guaranteed!! Seriously, I expect the Leafs to show up better this go around.  Goaltending has improved and they have been scoring well in their recent streak. Still, Bruins not a good matchup for the Leafs who are small up front. If the Bruins play strong, discipline hockey and don't let the Leafs free-wheel to take advantage of their skating, I cant' see the Leafs winning either game. Prediction: Game 1:  Boston 4 - Toronto 2 (empty net goal) Game 2:  Boston 5 - Toronto 2
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Well said, LRH.

I also expect it to get chippy between the 2 teams. With the recent game outcomes and with a home-and-home series between 2 conference rivals, we'll see 2 fun games for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

9-1 Boston. The Toronto Maple F a g s get lucky and score one. Hopefully McQuaid and the boys administer a beating to the Toronto Losers. Would like to see Johnny B deliver one of his classic, massive open ice wallops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbfan. Show bigbfan's posts

no beat down. I predict a split as Leafs are playing well right now.  Get to see Joe Colburne as well. (4pts in 5 games)  Yes we won the cup but still can't figure out how/why we gave up so much for Kaberle! 1st, 2nd, and Colburne

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'll take two wins, at any score, in regulation time (no gimme points, please). Doesn't have to be blowouts.

Wednesday's game will be Leaf's first home game off a three game road trip (good sign).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no beat down. I predict a split as Leafs are playing well right now.  Get to see Joe Colburne as well. (4pts in 5 games)  Yes we won the cup but still can't figure out how/why we gave up so much for Kaberle! 1st, 2nd, and Colburne
    Posted by bigbfan

when it has been 39 years without a cup, anything goes. IT WORKED BY THE WAY. people speak of colburne like he's the next gretzky, i don't get it. trade  unproven player(s) and win the cup. i fail to see how this was a bad deal in any way. the bruins have a lot of youth playing right now, and some good talent in providence. it's not like they jeopardized their future, heck, they have the #2 overall pick playing with the big boys, and 6 or 8 players 26 years old or less.. i fail to see any issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.? : when it has been 39 years without a cup, anything goes. IT WORKED BY THE WAY. people speak of colburne like he's the next gretzky, i don't get it. trade  unproven player(s) and win the cup. i fail to see how this was a bad deal in any way. the bruins have a lot of youth playing right now, and some good talent in providence. it's not like they jeopardized their future, heck, they have the #2 overall pick playing with the big boys, and 6 or 8 players 26 years old or less.. i fail to see any issue.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Add to this the fact that the 1st rounder everyone mentions was the last pick and the Bruins essentially gave the equivalent of a couple of 2nd rounders(#30 and another very likely between 50 and 60). There are plenty of players drafted in those positions that become good NHL players but the chance of failure is far more likely.
    2000- #30 Taffe   #50 Soin
    2001- Steckel and Thorburn
    2002- Slater and Anshakov
    2003- Shawn Belle and Baranka
    2004- Rogers and Lisin
    2005- Mihalik and Roussin
    2006- Corrente and Lucic
    2007- Ross and Sachetti
    2008- McCollum and Gaunce
    2009- Despres and Kenny Ryan
    2010- Nelson and Brickley
    2011-Rackell and Sundstrom

As you can see, it's hardly guaranteed that the Leafs get an NHL regular out of these picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The Leafs are no joke... watched them dominate the Ducks last night after giving up the first goal (okay, it's the Ducks, but it was never close once the Leafs got rolling!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Leafs will play better but I can't see them beating the Bs in either game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say yes, they will hammer the Leafs.

It is not so much a story of the Leafs playing better or whatever.

It IS a story about a Bruins team that's on a mission.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The home and home should be an interesting couple of games.  The Leafs are full of confidence right now especially Gustavsson, whom I expect to get the start Wednesday.  There was some talk around here of Reimer perhaps making an appearance vs the Bruins as he had his first full workout last week since he got conked by Gionta weeks ago. 

For once Toronto sports talk radio does not seem to be married to the Seguin/Kessel thing heading into the games and more focussed on how the Leafs will do this go around after having been blasted by Boston previously.  The Bruins are trying to catch the Leafs so I don't see them taking the games lightly.  They'll cause problems in the Leafs' back end and force Gustavsson and Scriver to block the B's from taking both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?:
    Headed down to the ACC and sure hoping it's another trip to the woodshed at the hands of the B's for the TML's. Predictions?
    Posted by 4everbruins

I'm going down again also. It will be harder this time, especially without Komisarik this time. But they still resemble the Marlies more than the Penguins. Timmy should be able to outplay either of their backup goalies. 4-1 B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I say yes, they will hammer the Leafs. It is not so much a story of the Leafs playing better or whatever. Posted by BadHabitude

Ahh Badhab misses the "Toronto Record Tracker" shame it had to end...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

I hope Chara, McQuaid, Horton or Looch beat the living sh-it out of Phagneuf. Beat his rotten a.s.s senseless.

Oh, and the game? 8-0 Bruins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No hammer...but a win yes

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think the Laffs are no longer. I think they may even be in the hunt for most of the season for the NE title. Wilson's got them believing in a system & say what you want about Kessel. The kid hasn't slowed down yet. He will slump I'm sure, but not disappear as in past. His shot is better & he's even going into the dirty area's a bit more. Lupul is playing lights out & I think he may have found a home. The B's better not take them lightly in either arena. The Leafs can score when given the chance & the 2nd most GF proves that. I think the B's will win Wed. 4-3 & 3-2 on Sat. Give Rask his start on Wed & TT on Sat. Let Rask get a chance to get another win sooner than later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Lookit, if the Bruins were going to play the Pengies home & home they would have a pretty reasonable chance of winning both.  Why?  The Bruins are on a roll.

It's NOT about the Leafs.  Besides, they don't have Crosby, and despite how well Kessel is playing he doesn't match up with Crosby.  And Gustavson isn't as good a Fleury.

The Bruins are playing really well.
    The Leafs are in their division - like Buffalo.

Lots of you guys were making bold predictions about the Sabers before the season started.  Look at the Sabres, either Miller or Enroth are arguably better than Rheimer and certainly better than Gustavson.

And how did the Sabers do against the Bruins?

This Bruins team has found ways to win, found a way to get an otl against the wings - still good for a point streak.

And the last time they played the Bruins destroyed them.

It's about the Bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Home & Home.  

I hope the B's blank Kessel in both and Seguin lights it up!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Lookit, if the Bruins were going to play the Pengies home & home they would have a pretty reasonable chance of winning both.  Why?  The Bruins are on a roll. It's NOT about the Leafs.  Besides, they don't have Crosby, and despite how well Kessel is playing he doesn't match up with Crosby.  And Gustavson isn't as good a Fleury. The Bruins are playing really well. The Leafs are in their division - like Buffalo. Lots of you guys were making bold predictions about the Sabers before the season started.  Look at the Sabres, either Miller or Enroth are arguably better than Rheimer and certainly better than Gustavson. And how did the Sabers do against the Bruins? This Bruins team has found ways to win, found a way to get an otl against the wings - still good for a point streak. And the last time they played the Bruins destroyed them. It's about the Bruins.
    Posted by BadHabitude

yes teh B's are on a roll, so are the Leafs. I'm not saying the Leafs will win. I'm saying the Leafs aren't the Laffs as a lot on here sre saying. They're better than last year & next 2 Jersey had the most points after the AS game. If the B's take this team as lightly as some of these posters, it could be the B's who get spanked this time.

Sections
Shortcuts