Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?

I don't get this "on a roll" talk... the Bruins have to lose sometime? You don't really think they will win the rest of their games do you??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.?:
    I don't get this "on a roll" talk... the Bruins have to lose sometime? You don't really think they will win the rest of their games do you??
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

No.

And I don't think the Leafs will win all the rest of their games either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins got the better of the even strength play in the first. If they can stay out of the box, they should win.

In response to earlier comment, Toronto looks like they will be a stronger challenge for first in the division over Buffalo. Toronto has played pretty well despite injury while Buffalo seems to use injuries as an excuse. But, it's a long season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

LRH now that post above was objective (note 49th North) thinking.  I think Toronto will win in a shoot out.  Although after one period it is tied.  Toronto needs to set an example for the rest of the regular season series.  Simply put, Toronto is finally playing team hockey with better skilled players.  Boston will win on Saturday, cause I am going to the game with my brother!  Now that is not objective.  The rationale is Boston needs to keep the home play on a positive side this season.  Secondly, the second and third lines for Boston are playing well and will wear down Toronto. Lastly the Bs will be motivated if they lose tonight. Cheers.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Clearly Gustavvson has kept them in this game. A couple of very nice saves. positioning and pucks hitting him.Glad Bruins scored on PP or that would have put a damper in the Bruins after dominating the 1st.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I will give the Leafs credit, they have stayed in this game by taking advantage of the chances we have given them. I hope the Bruins can find the next level in their game for the third.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Lookit, if the Bruins were going to play the Pengies home & home they would have a pretty reasonable chance of winning both.  Why?  The Bruins are on a roll. It's NOT about the Leafs.  Besides, they don't have Crosby, and despite how well Kessel is playing he doesn't match up with Crosby.  And Gustavson isn't as good a Fleury. The Bruins are playing really well. The Leafs are in their division - like Buffalo. Lots of you guys were making bold predictions about the Sabers before the season started.  Look at the Sabres, either Miller or Enroth are arguably better than Rheimer and certainly better than Gustavson. And how did the Sabers do against the Bruins? This Bruins team has found ways to win, found a way to get an otl against the wings - still good for a point streak. And the last time they played the Bruins destroyed them. It's about the Bruins.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Gee BadHab, do you feel like talking to yourself?

Why yes I do!

How about those Leafs, huh?

Yah, they are really something, aren't they!

But the real story was the Bruins, they just totally outplayed the Leafs, didn't they?

Yup!  They sure did!

They won, didn't they?

Why yes, they did. 6-3!

Wow!

So it wasn't all about the Leafs?

Nope, it was all about the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

boy was that croud boring in T.O.  and this even before they were behind, up by one and tied.  Just horrible. Leafs were in 1st , come on a little energy ??? RHO was right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

All I can say is I looooooove watching them beat the Leafs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

boy was that croud boring in T.O.  and this even before they were behind, up by one and tied.  Just horrible. Leafs were in 1st , come on a little energy ??? RHO was right. Posted by BsLegion

The Laffs defense are terrible and at the wrong times, Bruins forwards had their way with them for most of the 3rd period awful. At the same time Boston's tightened up real nice when they needed too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL   ... BadHab,  you're nuts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Man, what a difference from that "first vs worst" headline in The Toronto Sun before the Bruins's last visit here.  At the time it was true but not now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought the Leafs really looked desperate for a penalty in the third to give them life. I really like how the Bruins stayed disciplined and gave them nothing even after Timmy let in the softie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just listened to Leafs Chat, their post-game call in show on AM 640.  A lot of Leaf Nation are down on Wilson for not dressing a bigger line-up.  I heard numerous callers say to beat the Bruins a team has to be physical with them the way they are with the opposition. 

Host Andy Frost summed it up by stating the best way to beat the Boston Bruins is to score more goals than they do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

boy was that croud boring in T.O.  and this even before they were behind, up by one and tied.  Just horrible. Leafs were in 1st , come on a little energy ??? RHO was right.
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion - A buddy calls it a corporate morgue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I thought Kessel played hard the whole game ,he had his legs moving.The Leafs are definitely on the right road to becoming a good team but they are  3-5 players away from being able to compete with the B's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

When the Leafs generated that softie through pure hustle in the third, I was getting a little antsy.  B's were on their heels and the Leafs just took over for awhile.  The 5th goal was huge.  Leafs are not far away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

The Leafs are much better, but still shows how far away from being an elite team like the Bruins.

They can't match up on strength up front and that makes a big difference.

Couldn't move Lucic out of the way (he had a huge game last night) on that 2nd goal that broke our back.  I thought we had a chance until then.

I don't think the Bruins were completely on their game, especially on defense.

Have to say I was really impressed with the 4th line.  They controlled the puck a lot and Peverley (in particular) has some nice wheels.

Kessel was good most of the night although he ended up with a minus 3.  If he could have buried that breakaway (I think the puck bounced a bit in the end) it could have been a different outcome.

We even caught Thomas on an off night, but he still made key saves when he needed too.

We're still a year or two away from being a top team, but in the right direction.

Still not a bad effort.  Bruins the best team in the league right now without a doubt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

By the way, that crowd was pathetic.  Real fans can't afford to attend games at those ridiculas prices. 

There were 17000+ stiffs sitting on their hands.

Embarrasing......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.? : Legion - A buddy calls it a corporate morgue.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Yep. A close up shot of the crowd and all you can see is a sea of suits near ice level.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Was great to see the B's beat the Leafs live. Got down to ice level to watch the warm up. The one thing I didn't realize was the size of Pouliot. He's a bigger guy then I thought. And Seguin looks like he's REALLY enjoying being at the NHL level (I know, who wouldn't!). In the warm ups, he's out their skating like crazy, having some fun showing his puck bouncing skills (and trying to put the puck thru the camera hole).

As others have said, crowd was pretty quiet. Bruins fans were pretty vocal though.....pretty sure I annoyed a few Leaf fans yelling at the top of my lungs when the B's scored. Cool There were ALOT of Bruins fans at the game.....more then I remember from past games I've attended. Winning a cup has no doubt made being a Bruins fan in vogue....for any previous fence sitters.

I thought the B's played a pretty good road game, with lots of pressure in the Leafs end. Gufstasson (ok, I know I'm bastardizing his name), made some big early saves and kept it close early.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

By the way, that crowd was pathetic.  Real fans can't afford to attend games at those ridiculas prices.  There were 17000+ stiffs sitting on their hands. Embarrasing......
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I was disappointed .  Also Incredible at the start of each period it looked like 70% of the seats in the lower level were empty.  HURRY UP ! the game is about to re-start.
    Like I said last night ,  the Leafs were in 1st but when the game started they should have been cheering their team and give them the energy they need. Leafs started flat.
    Montreal at the old forum was like this, suits controlled the temp of the crowd, only when they scored would they be cheering. Now days in Montreal, even if there are many pink hats, can be a deafening crowd. Maybe the Leafs PR team should go to Montreal and take some notes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.? : I was disappointed .  Also Incredible at the start of each period it looked like 70% of the seats in the lower level were empty.  HURRY UP ! the game is about to re-start. Like I said last night ,  the Leafs were in 1st but when the game started they should have been cheering their team and give them the energy they need. Leafs started flat. Montreal at the old forum was like this, suits controlled the temp of the crowd, only when they scored would they be cheering. Now days in Montreal, even if there are many pink hats, can be a deafening crowd. Maybe the Leafs PR team should go to Montreal and take some notes.
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion, I noticed that too. I couldn't believe how few "fans" had made it back to their seats at the start of the period. It looked awful.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.? : Legion, I noticed that too. I couldn't believe how few "fans" had made it back to their seats at the start of the period. It looked awful.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't know about you, but that was the last straw for me.
    How much of this are we going to take?
    That's it, the end, I'm not cheering for the Leafs anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Will the B's Hammer the Leafs again Wed.? : I don't know about you, but that was the last straw for me. How much of this are we going to take? That's it, the end, I'm not cheering for the Leafs anymore.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Haven't you got a psychic hotline you should be taking care of somewhere?

Sections
Shortcuts