Will the Midwest be the new Southeast?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Will the Midwest be the new Southeast?

Just looking at the standings and with the SE division ceasing to exist next year with its five teams being scattered to three different divisions, it looks like the Midwest division could be the new weak link in terms of division strength.

As it sits only 2 or 3 teams from that division are going to make the playoffs this year, depending on whether Minny can hold on to 8h or 7th spot today. Chicago is obviously strong and St. Louis should be solid for a while, but the rest of the division?

Minny is inconsistant, Winnipeg is young and still needs improvement to be any sort of contender, Colorado and Nashville were horrendous this year, and Dallas wasn't much better. Keep in mind the top three teams in that division get automatic playoff  spots.

Compare that to the new central division that has five teams in playoff spots (depending on what Detroit does today) and the Atlantic that could also have five (depending on Columbus). Think about that - if Minny doesn't make the playoffs today, next season the East will have 10 teams that made the playoffs, and the West only 6.

Chicago should own that division for a long time, and because it's one of the smaller divisions, there could be some weak teams getting in from there.

This may bode well for my Jets' hopes, but compared to the Bruins division this looks like it will be pretty weak for a while.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Will the Midwest be the new Southeast?

What's the one connection between the two?

THE JETS!!!

(hahahahahahaha)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What's the one connection between the two?

THE JETS!!!

(hahahahahahaha)

I knew I set myself up for that one :p

Still the current Central could be losing 2 playoff teams, and become the Midwest by gaining 4 non-playoff teams. Not much competitive balance there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Minny made it, so three playoff teams in the Midwest. Still looks pretty weak overall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And the teams that get put into the weaker divisions will stay and be quiet, without a peep or they will be told to sit down by Mr. Burns Innocent

Sections
Shortcuts