Will the refs swallow the whistles?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Will the refs swallow the whistles?

At the end of game 5, the refs swallowed the whistles and stopped calling penalties on either side. Do you think the refs will let the boys play tonight or is this going to be another call, makeup call, makeup makeup call game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: Will the refs swallow the whistles?

God I hope they swallow them, let the boys play!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

In Response to Will the refs swallow the whistles?:
    [QUOTE]At the end of game 5, the refs swallowed the whistles and stopped calling penalties on either side. Do you think the refs will let the boys play tonight or is this going to be another call, makeup call, makeup makeup call game?
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

What a stupid blog. So, what you are emplying is.......... the refs decided the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't think its stupid at all.  TBay have easily been getting the wrong end of the stick this series as is evident from Bouchers rant.  So essentialy what happens in game 6 is Boston has a 4-1 edge and the refs even it up on a few phantom calls.  I mean they miss the Stampkos high stick on the goal.  You know they are gonna even that up.
    Refs are human.  But they have decided more than one game in these playoffs.  Just look at all the PP goals in a 5 game set against SJ/Van.  I havent counted but I bet its 75% PP goals over 25% reg strength. 

The refs have been bad.  And I don't like puttinng blame on them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Will the refs swallow the whistles?:
    [QUOTE]At the end of game 5, the refs swallowed the whistles and stopped calling penalties on either side. Do you think the refs will let the boys play tonight or is this going to be another call, makeup call, makeup makeup call game?
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I hope so because power plays for or against will kill the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Will the refs swallow the whistles?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Will the refs swallow the whistles? : What a stupid blog. So, what you are emplying is.......... the refs decided the game?
    Posted by oldman33[/QUOTE]

If you want to read into what I said, that's your choice but I didn't imply or insinuate anyone getting the better of the calls in my post. What I am saying is there were a lot of calls that could have been let go, on both sides, in the last game and there were a bunch of calls that looked like makeup calls to me.

My question was, do you think the refs will just let them play since it's game 7? I don't blame the refs for anything and I don't think the calls are favoring either team. I just think there were a lot of calls in the 6th game and question whether refs would be so quick to call them in a game 7 or just let the players decide.

If you think it's stupid, why did you post?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hope the refs do not swallow their whistles.  That would mean the teams would be cheating.  I just hope that the game is called fair and the Bruins don't take stupid penalties.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think its stupid at all.  TBay have easily been getting the wrong end of the stick this series as is evident from Bouchers rant.  So essentialy what happens in game 6 is Boston has a 4-1 edge and the refs even it up on a few phantom calls.  I mean they miss the Stampkos high stick on the goal.  You know they are gonna even that up. Refs are human.  But they have decided more than one game in these playoffs.  Just look at all the PP goals in a 5 game set against SJ/Van.  I havent counted but I bet its 75% PP goals over 25% reg strength.  The refs have been bad.  And I don't like puttinng blame on them. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Your rant on how the Bruins have been favoured by the refs is tiresome!  Can't you just accept it's been even , bad calls on both sides .
    The interference calls on Peverly and Kaberle  were complete jokes.  That's the refs intimidated and calling make up calls.  Both Tampa players went into the Bruin players.
    I guess when we disagree all you can answer is "Homerism" . You're dead wrong on this !  If I was a homer I would be saying that the Bruins got the shortend of the stick.
    The officiating in these playoffs has been BAD in most of the series PERIOD !
    They make mistakes (bad calls) and then they go after the makeup call.  It's a slippery slope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL,

Get a grip would you.  You always put a spin on everything I say.  I am saying we got hit with bad penalties b/c they were trying to even it up.  I also said that the entire playoffs have been dictated by poor officiating. 

I was agreeing with the original poster and making a few pts that when its been in our benefit that we will eventually pay.  Has nothing to do with being a homer. 

Stop putting words in my mouth.  Its tiresome.  You have joined the ambulance chasers that are always playing on one of my so called negative posts.  I have my few negative moments.  But I am talking straight up hockey.  I am not bashing on the Bruins.  I am stating a pretty obvious fact.  We were given a 4-1 edge the last game after Bouchers rant.  They then give the Bruins some phantom calls to even things up.  If I was not clear on that then ask for clairty instead of assuming I am being negative.

Again, You and San never comment on my positive posts.  Go read I AM DONE.  Think I am being anti-bruin.  Where were you in game 6 when I was saying we would come back.  

I am tired of explaining my point to you and San.  Or at least comment on a positive post that I have out there. Issues not the individual. 

Its one thing to be a homer(which I think is 100% good and have said that guys like you and Dez are in Shupermans top 10) but don't be an ambulance chaser and only post on my one questionable post.   You are showing the same consistancy as the refs.  Which has been?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

[QUOTE]God I hope they swallow them, let the boys play!
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

From your post to God's ears.  The perfect game would be zero penalty calls with the firepower on the Tampa side and the negative energy that our PP generates.

And for the love of God, can someone shoot the puck on our PP's?  What's the use of having Chara causing havoc in front if the puck stays on the perimeter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No way do the refs swallow their whistles there will be bad calls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]No way do the refs swallow their whistles there will be bad calls.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yes there will be.  I am hoping they have a very good crew doing the game.  I would rather no calls but there will some some bad ones for sure.  Problem is we dont cash in on the bad call blowout.  TBay does. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I bet the refs call it very tight in the 1st, a little looser in the 2nd, and then swallow the whistles in the 3rd+.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch buddy.  I hope you are 100% correct.  I can't see a lot of after the whistle stuff in a game 7.  I highly doubt the crashing the net theory will be in play either.  Its gonna be a good game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Peverly should not have allowed that bad man to skate into him. Imagine playing hockey where you can't bump into somebody. We've seen what that's like. Cost them a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will the refs swallow the whistles? : Yes there will be.  I am hoping they have a very good crew doing the game.  I would rather no callsbut there will some some bad ones for sure.  Problem is we dont cash in on the bad call blowout.  TBay does. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Here we go !!! I agree with you.
    Sorry I didn't read between the lines when you said " TBay have easily been getting the wrong end of the stick this series as is evident from Bouchers rant"
    I didn't get that from this statement that both the Bruins and TBay both shared bad calls equally. Didn't think I was putting words in your mouth.

As for after game 6 , I did watch the game in Toronto at a Resto/bar and did not have access to my laptop or at least did not want to have access .
    I do agree with you on your so called "positive posts"  . Actually many times I've afreed with you during the season or do you have selective memory ?
    The only time I disagreed with you was lately in this series as you seem to come out that the Bruins have been favoured.  So far I don't think so as for all the bad calls on Tampa there's been equally on the Bruins . Not more for the Bruins, euqally .
    Remember, I'm one that is paying your salary. Be nice !  Money mouth