Will Thomas play for the Islanders?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Will Thomas play for the Islanders?

Remember that guy?

Especially since they made such a splash in the playoffs.

And if he plays next year, the Bruins get that second round pick, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Will Thomas play for the Islanders?

I both want and don't want him to. They could be difficult if he does, but we gain a 2nd rounder...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

everyone always says "never doubt tim thomas." i say he hasn't played in a year and isn't getting younger. I hope he plays because I doubt he is any better than average

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

everyone always says "never doubt tim thomas." i say he hasn't played in a year and isn't getting younger. I hope he plays because I doubt he is any better than average

I see where you are coming from, but....

Never doubt Tim Thomas ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Doubting Thomas............isn't a smart thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1. It will be up to the Islanders to decide if they want to toll the contract forward.  If they don't, he'll be a UFA and can play for whoever wants to give him a deal.

2. If the Islanders toll the deal, it will be up to him to report to camp.  I'm betting he will.  He said that was his plan, and I don't see any reason to doubt him.

3. He won't play unless he's the best option they have.  He wants to audition for the Olympics.

4. The Isles have two goalies under contract - DiPietro and Nilsson.  The door is wiiiiiiiide open.  Nabokov certainly didn't help them vs. the Pens.

5. Craig Anderson, Corey Schneider, Jimmy Howard, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller, John Gibson, Ben Bishop (reasons why Thomas may rethink his plan).

All signs say Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

He wants to play for USA in the olympics so if NYI decide to toll his contract I guess he will have to if he wants some playing time before hand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I hope TT plays but I'm a Rask man now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Me too Dez, and i was one that doubted Thomas on more than one occasion but he proved me wrong and i'm not ashamed to admit it.That being said i was and still am a Rask fan and have the utmost confidence in him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Me too Dez, and i was one that doubted Thomas on more than one occasion but he proved me wrong and i'm not ashamed to admit it.That being said i was and still am a Rask fan and have the utmost confidence in him.

Yeah 50, I still get butterflies when I see Rask's save from OT last game. That was a season changer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I'll bet you 500 bucks he's far better than average! If Timmy comes back, he gets talked about his great play during the season. Whether it's the beginning, the middle, or end of the season. He certainly helps who ever he plays for. Shake on this bet? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would love to see him in the NHL again.  Imagine how great it will be playing against him.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Remember that guy?

Especially since they made such a splash in the playoffs.

And if he plays next year, the Bruins get that second round pick, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want the 2nd rounder to be used on a college defensman who can't skate at Ristuccia!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

1. It will be up to the Islanders to decide if they want to toll the contract forward.  If they don't, he'll be a UFA and can play for whoever wants to give him a deal.

2. If the Islanders toll the deal, it will be up to him to report to camp.  I'm betting he will.  He said that was his plan, and I don't see any reason to doubt him.

3. He won't play unless he's the best option they have.  He wants to audition for the Olympics.

4. The Isles have two goalies under contract - DiPietro and Nilsson.  The door is wiiiiiiiide open.  Nabokov certainly didn't help them vs. the Pens.

5. Craig Anderson, Corey Schneider, Jimmy Howard, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller, John Gibson, Ben Bishop (reasons why Thomas may rethink his plan).

All signs say Yes.

If the NHL'ers don't go the games he may retire. By the sounds of things it's 50/50 whether they go or not.

Hard pressed to knock these guys off, BUT...I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it as the 3rd stringer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm betting he will be at training camp and I'm betting with what the NYI have in talent in goaltending, that he makes the team and he becomes their #1 goalie.

As far as making the USofA Olympic team ? He has some very strong competion, but I'm betting if he plays like we know he can play and not gets injuried, he'll also make that team as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So the consensus is the Bruins will get the pick?

Sweet!

This is going to be fun!  W're right into the draft soon and FA right after that.  Koko and Soderberg  will be interesting this coming year as well as a few others might make a splash.

oh, and these playoffs, we have a ways to go with them yet!

It's great to be alive and a Bruins fan in these days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Would love to see him suit up again.  It would be great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

So the consensus is the Bruins will get the pick?

Sweet!

This is going to be fun!  W're right into the draft soon and FA right after that.  Koko and Soderberg  will be interesting this coming year as well as a few others might make a splash.

oh, and these playoffs, we have a ways to go with them yet!

It's great to be alive and a Bruins fan in these days.

It sure is BadHab, I hear the draft is deep this year This true Chowda?. If so, a 2nd rounder with the potential of another DK, Bergeron, or Lucic?? SAWEEET!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Would love to see him suit up again.  It would be great.

Yea, it'll be especially nice to see him play against the B's & he loses 1-0 every game. Sorry, as pissed off as I am at the guy, I still wish him the best, except against the Bruins! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I want the 2nd rounder to be used on a college defensman who can't skate at Ristuccia!

You are evil.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

oh - and who is 5'7" and 155 lbs.