will thomas start in NY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYBostonFan17. Show NYBostonFan17's posts

will thomas start in NY

huge bruins fan, live in ny, goin to the game, i need to know what im getting myself into..... do you think thomas will start or will they give the game to rask?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: will thomas start in NY

Thomas will start for sure, especially coming of another shutout...Bruins have back to back games on Wednesday , Thursday so Rask will play against Florida..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to will thomas start in NY:
    [QUOTE]huge bruins fan, live in ny, goin to the game, i need to know what im getting myself into..... do you think thomas will start or will they give the game to rask?
    Posted by NYBostonFan17[/QUOTE]

What you're getting yourself into? It's a hockey game, not an ambush.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYBostonFan17. Show NYBostonFan17's posts

yeah your right thanks alot brothah, lets get em

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY:[QUOTE]Thomas will start for sure, especially coming of another shutout...Bruins have back to back games on Wednesday , Thursday so Rask will play against Florida..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you on that man games are coming hard and fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY:
    [QUOTE]yeah your right thanks alot brothah, lets get em
    Posted by NYBostonFan17[/QUOTE]
    been going to B's games at MSG with my Bruins stuff on for over 25 years . never a problem.  Islanders/Devils are the Ranger fans worst enemy. see you Wednesday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

tank for sure...this guy is just something else ..plays with such a high tempo how can you not play your heart out for him...with rask you figure he is so laid back you wonder if he is awake.... its more than official now....tank is our no. one goalie.....rask should be sent to providence and see if he can regain any sort of form ....bring up reagan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

tank for sure...this guy is just something else ..plays with such a high tempo how can you not play your heart out for him...with rask you figure he is so laid back you wonder if he is awake.... its more than official now....tank is our no. one goalie.....rask should be sent to providence and see if he can regain any sort of form ....bring up reagan

You're joking right? There's nothing wrong with Rask! With the exception of the St.louis game the B's have not played well in front of Rask! Sending him down to Prov is just outright ridiculous! Besides, I'm no expert on the CBA, but wouldn't Rask have to clear waivers? If I am right; do you actually think that 29 other teams would not be all over Rask & claiming this future 23 yr old star; who's only going to cost you 1.3 mil for the next 2 yrs? If I'm wrong it's still a foolish thing to say!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with you nitemare, it's time for CJ to play both goalies on a fairly regular basis. The Bruins have two very good goalies who have different styles. I am not aware of any other team that has two goalies who are as capable as Rask and Thomas.The Habs had Price and Halak, but traded Halak and both are doing very well for their current teams. No sense for the Bruins to change or diminish a strength.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

My guess is the same as what the earlier posters have stated:  Tank on Wed. and Tuukka on Thurs.

And I think we're going to see Rask playing a bit more....because the schedule dictates it.  We're going to need both goalies this season.  I feel for Rask because he hasn't had consistent minutes to stay sharp.  But I feel that he is playing pretty well and the wins will start coming for him too.  My hope is that both goalies are healthy, fresh, and playing well when the playoffs start.  So, maybe go 60%/40% (Timmy/Tuukka) in the first half and 60%/40% (Tuukka/Timmy) in the 2nd half.  Now, if Thomas continues to stand on his head however, you just have to ride him.

Personally though, if all things are equal (i.e. both are healthy and playing very well) I'd go with Tuukka in the playoffs.  If for no other reason than the fact that Thomas is terrible at handling the puck.  It's little things like that are important in the playoffs and become magnified in a 7 game series.

In any case, the Bruins should feel fortunate.  Generally the rule is: if you have two starting goalies, you have none.  The Bruins are the exception to that rule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

All things equal, Tuukka in the playoffs!?!?!?!?!?!  Youre kidding, right!?!?!?!  His playoff record is abysmal, pretty much every year at every level minus 1 year with the PB's.  He was HORRIBLE in the second round last year, and hasnt won a game since.

Tuukka MIGHT be the future, the future Andrew Raycroft at this pace.

Again, Im not AGAINST Tuukka, I just report the stats/facts.  He has lost 8 or 9 straight now, with a few of those that should have been "easy" wins.  You cant keep blaming the TEAM for Tuukkas inability to steal a game.  And if you do, then Ill say the team plays better in front of Thomas for whatever reason, so you play him.  You want WINS, this isnt the time OR place to nurse along someone who isnt in it mentally if thats Tuukkas case.  I CAN NOT understand why people continue to think Rask should play simply because he needs ice time.  When he CANT steel a game, hold a lead, etc., I say play the guy who can.  Thomas has had 1 MARGINAL game this year.  You cant argue with that fact.  He was the Vezina winner in 09 and was injured last year.  You cant argue with THAT fact.  I dont get why people are so high on Rask and so down on Thomas.

Thomas gets the Rangers, Rask the Panthers and Thomas the Kings.  Only thing that makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE].rask should be sent to providence and see if he can regain any sort of form ....bring up reagan
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]

Regan?  That dude isn't Bruins property anymore, he plays in some obscure league over in Italy now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]tank for sure...this guy is just something else ..plays with such a high tempo how can you not play your heart out for him...with rask you figure he is so laid back you wonder if he is awake.... its more than official now....tank is our no. one goalie.....rask should be sent to providence and see if he can regain any sort of form ....bring up reagan
    Providence?Regain form?I gotta say that's quite a stretch.Rask has played well of late.....the team in front of him on the other hand is a different story.I've no doubt that both Rask and TT will have a healthy number of wins by seasons end.Bruins goaltending  gives them a good chance to win every night.The chore of picking a starter is a good problem for CJ to have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i know  rask is THE SAVIOUR to some people but im sayiny show me...nothing that he has done so far to make me  think he is anything but scary..not just the goals he lets in but the saves he makes are ....again last night if tank doesnt make those huge saves at the start of the game the result would have been different....say all you want about the team not playing well in front of rask...hell tank keeps the bruins in it till they get going and rask hasnt done it one bit....check who was first star again last night...yup TIM THOMAS.....he has stolen at least a handful of games this year...plain and simple tank no. one rask  distant no. two.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you are dead on with your post bigvig... like you say the next raycroft at this rate lol......your right facts are facts...just like you  i cheer for rask but lets see tank ....9...1....rask...zero wins...hmmmmmm..who is my no. one.....gee is that another foolish thing to say...lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]i know  rask is THE SAVIOUR to some people but im sayiny show me...nothing that he has done so far to make me  think he is anything but scary..not just the goals he lets in but the saves he makes are ....again last night if tank doesnt make those huge saves at the start of the game the result would have been different....say all you want about the team not playing well in front of rask...hell tank keeps the bruins in it till they get going and rask hasnt done it one bit....check who was first star again last night...yup TIM THOMAS.....he has stolen at least a handful of games this year...plain and simple tank no. one rask  distant no. two.....
    Who are all of these  calling Rask a saviour?Seems to me to be more a case of people like you that can't wait to say I told you so to people that weren't arguing with you in the first place.Bruins have 2 great goalies so I'm happy with them regardless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]All things equal, Tuukka in the playoffs!?!?!?!?!?!  Youre kidding, right!?!?!?!  His playoff record is abysmal, pretty much every year at every level minus 1 year with the PB's.  He was HORRIBLE in the second round last year, and hasnt won a game since. Tuukka MIGHT be the future, the future Andrew Raycroft at this pace. Again, Im not AGAINST Tuukka, I just report the stats/facts.  He has lost 8 or 9 straight now, with a few of those that should have been "easy" wins.  You cant keep blaming the TEAM for Tuukkas inability to steal a game.  And if you do, then Ill say the team plays better in front of Thomas for whatever reason, so you play him.  You want WINS, this isnt the time OR place to nurse along someone who isnt in it mentally if thats Tuukkas case.  I CAN NOT understand why people continue to think Rask should play simply because he needs ice time.  When he CANT steel a game, hold a lead, etc., I say play the guy who can.  Thomas has had 1 MARGINAL game this year.  You cant argue with that fact.  He was the Vezina winner in 09 and was injured last year.  You cant argue with THAT fact.  I dont get why people are so high on Rask and so down on Thomas. Thomas gets the Rangers, Rask the Panthers and Thomas the Kings.  Only thing that makes sense.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I disagree in saying that he was horrible in the 2nd.  Was he great?  No.  I personally think he was out of gas.  And most of that is because he was playing playoff hockey for about a month before the playoffs started just to get in. 

And you're right.  He doesn't really have a lot to go on in the playoffs.  But if we're going to go on "what has he done in the playoffs?" - what has Thomas done in the playoffs?

You say "why can't he steal a game?"  Did you watch the Buffalo series?  Or the countless games he stole down the stretch last season when the B's couldn't put the puck in the ocean when they were standing on the beach?

You obviously didn't read my post. Because my point was: if both are playing great, I'd go with Tuukka (for the reason stated).  If the playoffs started today, I'd go with Thomas.  And how could you not?  It's a no brainer.  Whomever's playing better come playoff time is the starter.  No question about it.  How have I been "down on Thomas"???  I said that he's horrible handling the puck.  And he is.  You can't argue THAT fact.  Doesn't mean he's not a great goalie.

I realize you don't like Tuukka (even thought you seem to state otherwise).  And that's fine.  But I think comparing him to Raycroft isn't really accurate.  Why?  Pedigree.  Raycroft came out of nowhere and had a terrific rookie campaign.  And he has never been the same since.  Tuukka has been highly touted for YEARS!!!  Called at one point "the best goalie in the world not in the NHL".  You may not see him as a number 1 goalie but I do...and I KNOW that I'm not alone.  And I'm not just talking about Bruins fans. There isn't a GM in the NHL that wouldn't be psyched to have Rask.

So are you saying Timmy needs to play every game?  Maybe 75 - 80%?  Go ahead and do that.  But I'm not so sure that a 36 year old goalie coming off hip surgery is going to be fresh and ready to go at 100% come playoff time if CJ does that.

I love Timmy and was one of the people over the summer supporting him on these boards when everyone wanted to run him out of town.  I said that we were gonna need him....and Rask. 

But, if come playoff time both goalies are playing at the level that Thomas is right now, Julien's got a decision to make.  That's all I was getting at.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

back in your cave dezaruchi....the truth hurts eh ......yeah your right YOUAREprobably one of those people who is waiting to say I TOLDYOUSO....back in the cave with the DUMMBIES  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]back in your cave dezaruchi....the truth hurts eh ......yeah your right YOUAREprobably one of those people who is waiting to say I TOLDYOUSO....back in the cave with the DUMMBIES  LOL
    What truth?And the irony of you inferring that I live in a cave is priceless as you don't seem to know how to use the reply option or properly spell the word dumb when trying to make someone  else feel that way.You seem like a simple young boy that's making all of us Canadians appear ignorant and argumentative.Quite frankly,this latest post/rant of yours makes no sense and seems like your arguing with no one once again.But I'll leave you to it-I have to go sweep up my cave.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

SHHHHHHHDUMMBIES... quite obvious that your not to bright..dumb is one word and dumbie is another....whichever one you choose probably looks real good onyou......oh yeah you really impressed me with those big words  ....you must be asimple young boy who just cant face the facts....so this latest post/rant  is priceless  and  looks like your arguing with no one again ....if you want to be a poet post somewhere else  as it seems you know dick about hockey...bye bye...lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]SHHHHHHHDUMMBIES... quite obvious that your not to bright..dumb is one word and dumbie is another....whichever one you choose probably looks real good onyou......oh yeah you really impressed me with those big words  ....you must be asimple young boy who just cant face the facts....so this latest post/rant  is priceless  and  looks like your arguing with no one again ....if you want to be a poet post somewhere else  as it seems you know dick about hockey...bye bye...lol
    From the classic"I know you are but what am I"school of debate.Class act.Took forever for that reply.What happenned?Tyrannosaraus got your tounge?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

lets hope t ank wins tomorrow night if he is chosen to start  ...and rask comes in thursday and stones the panthers....that means the BRUINS win both....henceforty and therfor that would be four priceless points in the almighty run for the qualification of the after season...the ultimate goal ..the playoffs..that for me and im sure all  bruin fans would be the cultimation of a fine n. h.l. season let us hope we are worthy...lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]lets hope t ank wins tomorrow night if he is chosen to start  ...and rask comes in thursday and stones the panthers....that means the BRUINS win both....henceforty and therfor that would be four priceless points in the almighty run for the qualification of the after season...the ultimate goal ..the playoffs..that for me and im sure all  bruin fans would be the cultimation of a fine n. h.l. season let us hope we are worthy...lol
    Let's agree on that point-cheers to you North.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]SHHHHHHHDUMMBIES... quite obvious that your not to bright..dumb is one word and dumbie is another....whichever one you choose probably looks real good onyou......oh yeah you really impressed me with those big words  ....you must be asimple young boy who just cant face the facts....so this latest post/rant  is priceless  and  looks like your arguing with no one again ....if you want to be a poet post somewhere else  as it seems you know dick about hockey...bye bye...lol

This from a guy who wants the Bruins to call up a guy who's playing in Valpellice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY : I disagree in saying that he was horrible in the 2nd.  Was he great?  No.  I personally think he was out of gas.  And most of that is because he was playing playoff hockey for about a month before the playoffs started just to get in.  And you're right.  He doesn't really have a lot to go on in the playoffs.  But if we're going to go on "what has he done in the playoffs?" - what has Thomas done in the playoffs? You say "why can't he steal a game?"  Did you watch the Buffalo series?  Or the countless games he stole down the stretch last season when the B's couldn't put the puck in the ocean when they were standing on the beach? You obviously didn't read my post. Because my point was: if both are playing great, I'd go with Tuukka (for the reason stated).  If the playoffs started today, I'd go with Thomas.  And how could you not?  It's a no brainer.  Whomever's playing better come playoff time is the starter.  No question about it.  How have I been "down on Thomas"???  I said that he's horrible handling the puck.  And he is.  You can't argue THAT fact.  Doesn't mean he's not a great goalie. I realize you don't like Tuukka (even thought you seem to state otherwise).  And that's fine.  But I think comparing him to Raycroft isn't really accurate.  Why?  Pedigree.  Raycroft came out of nowhere and had a terrific rookie campaign.  And he has never been the same since.  Tuukka has been highly touted for YEARS!!!  Called at one point "the best goalie in the world not in the NHL".  You may not see him as a number 1 goalie but I do...and I KNOW that I'm not alone.  And I'm not just talking about Bruins fans. There isn't a GM in the NHL that wouldn't be psyched to have Rask. So are you saying Timmy needs to play every game?  Maybe 75 - 80%?  Go ahead and do that.  But I'm not so sure that a 36 year old goalie coming off hip surgery is going to be fresh and ready to go at 100% come playoff time if CJ does that. I love Timmy and was one of the people over the summer supporting him on these boards when everyone wanted to run him out of town.  I said that we were gonna need him....and Rask.  But, if come playoff time both goalies are playing at the level that Thomas is right now, Julien's got a decision to make.  That's all I was getting at.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

No, I didnt watch the Buffalo series, You got me there.  I do remember he was up 3-0 in the first period of game 7 at home vs. Philly to go to the ECF's and gave it up for his 4th straight loss.  He played well in the Blue's game this year but was HORRIBLE in the shootout.  Im sure there are stats somewhere but whenever his games go to a shootout he looks horrible.  Maybe his shootout record is good, I dont know, but I have no confidence in him when it goes to a shootout.  He scares me when it comes to a 1 on 1 battle.  Im sure he did steel some games last year, Ill admit thats probably an exaggeration by me.

I never said you were down on Thomas, but if they are both playing at the top of their games Thomas is the better goalie BY FAR.  Look at his Vezina year and this year so far.  You cant argue with stats.  Has he won the cup, no.  But, lets say Roberto Luongo is an elite goalie, better than Tim Thomas (lots here have said that over the years).  Ive posted their stats numerous times comparing the two, and nobody has ever refuted what Ive posted.  Thomas has equal to or greater than numbers compared to Luongo.  Winning a cup only proves the entire team was great.  Has nothing to do with one single individual. 

OK, pedigree.  Raycroft didnt exactly have no pedigree.  He played AAA in the OMHA and Juniors in OPJAHL.  What is Rasks pedigree you speak of, 83 games in the FNL where he had 30 wins 26 losses and 19 ties?  Are you kidding me???  30 wins in 83 games!!!  His playoffs record in the FNL is 10 games where he had 2 wins, 8 losses and gave up 27 goals.  Man, great pedigree.  I dont care that he was touted as the best goalie in the world.  Its never been proved.

How about Thomas: Thomas has been around forever and done great things everywhere he has been (short of winning a cup).  THAT is a pedigree.  Check it out here:  His lifetime accomplishments are quite impressive and too long to list. 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Thomas_%28ice_hockey%29

Listen, again, Im not a Rask hater.  I just hate when people speak poorly of Timmy.  I love the guy and his game (I played college hockey in the next state over at the same time and have followed him since).  He is a fierce competitor and constantly proves his detractors wrong.  I hope Rask does go on to have a great career in Boston, but at this point, its a no-brainer to me.

Sections
Shortcuts