will thomas start in NY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: will thomas start in NY

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY:
    In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY :  Winning a cup only proves the entire team was great.  Has nothing to do with one single individual. 
    Posted by bigvig

That's my point.  Rask hasn't gotten the help this year in front of him.  Has he played his best?  No.  But last year he was great.  He had better numbers than the Vezina winner Miller (albeit in less starts). 

I, too, am thrilled with Timmy's play this year.  I have followed him since his college years as well as I am a big Hockey East and ECAC fan.  I hope he continues to play this way for the rest of the year.  I'm just saying that I think Rask is a better goalie than you give him credit for and that I think we will NEED him at some point this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

to be honest i didnt know reagan wasnt inprovidence......maybe tuuka just needs abig win...tank has been a bonus because i must admit i didnt expect that from him this year...if rask gets it going  bruins will have a great setup..old veteran goalie and young up and comer.....just like carey price seems to have overcome the bitter fans in habbyland  by playing just great ...tuuka may just be the same...dont know if someone worked with price but watching him tonight his syle is low butterfly instead of on his knees and he is just now movingso fluidly he is making tough saves look easy...and to me that is tha way i remember rask being...but this year he seems to me to be on his knees instes=ad of the low butterfly.... just hope its fair for him to play thursday  after the team plays on the road tomorrow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

For the record, Rask's NHL shootout record is 5-5. His career save percentage is .657, better than Backstrom (.583) Hasek (.614), Kiprusoff (.570), Ward (.587), Voukon (.651) and Khabibulin (.630). Among the leaders are Miller (.713), Fleury (.728), Brodeur (.714) and Thomas (.737, though his record is right around .500 as well, at 22-21).

Also of note is that Brad Boyes is one of the best in the NHL at shootouts; he's third amongst current players with 22 goals, behind only Jokinen (26) and Datsyuk (24).

There is no need to disparage Tuukka Rask in order to cheer for Tim Thomas; as I've noted before, they are both each other's biggest fans, and help each other immeasurably. Any Bruins fan wants them both to succeed.

And Jalvis is correct - the Bruins are going to need Rask before this season is over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY : I disagree in saying that he was horrible in the 2nd.  Was he great?  No.  I personally think he was out of gas.  And most of that is because he was playing playoff hockey for about a month before the playoffs started just to get in.  And you're right.  He doesn't really have a lot to go on in the playoffs.  But if we're going to go on "what has he done in the playoffs?" - what has Thomas done in the playoffs? You say "why can't he steal a game?"  Did you watch the Buffalo series?  Or the countless games he stole down the stretch last season when the B's couldn't put the puck in the ocean when they were standing on the beach? You obviously didn't read my post. Because my point was: if both are playing great, I'd go with Tuukka (for the reason stated).  If the playoffs started today, I'd go with Thomas.  And how could you not?  It's a no brainer.  Whomever's playing better come playoff time is the starter.  No question about it.  How have I been "down on Thomas"???  I said that he's horrible handling the puck.  And he is.  You can't argue THAT fact.  Doesn't mean he's not a great goalie. I realize you don't like Tuukka (even thought you seem to state otherwise).  And that's fine.  But I think comparing him to Raycroft isn't really accurate.  Why?  Pedigree.  Raycroft came out of nowhere and had a terrific rookie campaign.  And he has never been the same since.  Tuukka has been highly touted for YEARS!!!  Called at one point "the best goalie in the world not in the NHL".  You may not see him as a number 1 goalie but I do...and I KNOW that I'm not alone.  And I'm not just talking about Bruins fans. There isn't a GM in the NHL that wouldn't be psyched to have Rask. So are you saying Timmy needs to play every game?  Maybe 75 - 80%?  Go ahead and do that.  But I'm not so sure that a 36 year old goalie coming off hip surgery is going to be fresh and ready to go at 100% come playoff time if CJ does that. I love Timmy and was one of the people over the summer supporting him on these boards when everyone wanted to run him out of town.  I said that we were gonna need him....and Rask.  But, if come playoff time both goalies are playing at the level that Thomas is right now, Julien's got a decision to make.  That's all I was getting at.
    Posted by jalvis

Raycroft didn't come out of no where! He won the OHL player of the year in 02.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Hhaha Dez I had to go and read this.

You know your dealing with a true talent when Argumtative and ignorant become "big words" haha classic.

As per the subject. I agree Thomas tonight Rask tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

who cares?? Either Tuuka or Timmy will do very well, and both need to play, not necessarily 50/50, but regular play. Timmy is weak on handling the puck after he has cleared a shot his passes are usually soft and indirect, just watch. On the other hand he is great in the shootouts and Rask shows lack of experience in the shootouts. Of Course, shootouts are anathema to any devotee of hockey which is a team game, and the team should win or lose on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hhaha Dez I had to go and read this. You know your dealing with a true talent when Argumtative and ignorant become "big words" haha classic. As per the subject. I agree Thomas tonight Rask tomorrow.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

With 7 games in 12 nights both  goalies will see some work with the hot hand at the time playing 8 or 9 of the 12(hard to imagine it not being TT but you never know-it seems a Bruin gets hurt as soon as one gets healthy).Either way,I feel confident in whoever CJ starts in goal.Bruin goaltending is a nice luxury to have right now.Combined salary they are a bargain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

SHHHHHHHDUMMBIES... quite obvious that your not to bright..dumb is one word and dumbie is another....whichever one you choose probably looks real good onyou......oh yeah you really impressed me with those big words  ....you must be asimple young boy who just cant face the facts....so this latest post/rant  is priceless  and  looks like your arguing with no one again ....if you want to be a poet post somewhere else  as it seems you know dick about hockey...bye bye...lol
    Posted by north1234

@north1234 - Whoa! We're all on the same side here( I think ).

By the way...speaking of big words.

The words that I believe you are trying to use here are :

you're......NOT your (twice)
    too..........NOT to
    dummies...NOT dumbies
    can't.......NOT cant

Also, a few well placed spaces and commas go a long way too.

But ultimately, don't take everyone's comments to heart either - life's to short.

@ NYBostonFan17 - Have a great time at the game tonight.

Oh, and I think we should start TT tonight, TR tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

sorry for the bad spelling..never thought that was  that important on here..... only dumbies that your wrong on...not trying to spell dummies  ....you have to live in the great white north or in the sticks  like some people say to know the meaning of dumbies...lol....good news on boychuk and kreigi...hope we get savard back too pretty soon..then hopefully nobody else goes down  and then we can judge the team...my picks to get under the cap....ferrence......wheeler...paille....but with our limited scoring  ryder has to stay if possible

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY : Let's agree on that point-cheers to you North.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Excellent work on this thread dezaruchi!  North1234 has the potential to be a good fan but he does write idioglossia! The dictionary word of the day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: will thomas start in NY : Excellent work on this thread dezaruchi!  North1234 has the potential to be a good fan but he does write idioglossia! The dictionary word of the day!
    Posted by islamorada

Muchos gracias.

Sections
Shortcuts