Will you be spending less NHL hockey dollars this year? (poll)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Will you be spending less NHL hockey dollars this year? (poll)

OK, so we might not even have an opportunity to spend any hockey dollars this year.

So call me a 'not a real fan', but my enthusiasm is certainly dampened.  Yes, I'll watch with great interest on tv, but I'm not going to make an effort to buy tickets this year if they come back.

So here are the poll questions;

o I'll spend as much money as any other year.

o I'll be spending less for the NHL this year.

o Creating a poll without having the option of a poll is fairly pointless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: Will you be spending less NHL hockey dollars this year? (poll)

To be honest BH I'll probably spend less, but it has nothing to do with the lockout or any of that. I've moved further from Boston to central MA as well as ticket prices just being absurdly high, I really can't justify going unless it's something really special. I'll still watch them all on TV though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Absolutely (excluding NESN). No merchandise. No tickets for Christmas. No Center Ice. No Bruins scratch tickets. I won't even go to Providence. I'll watch if on TV, but it ends there. They apparently don't care too much about me so I don't care about "HRR".

Think globally, act locally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I will spend the same amount.  I "boycotted" the NHL for the majority of the Spring 1995 season.  You know who noticed?  Me!  It was awful.

They'll get this figured out and I'll be back to my old habits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

When hockey starts again, i'll carry on as usual, watch center ice, buy merchandise,go to select B's live games. Whatever my wallet will allow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll spend more simply because when the wife requests to go out I will instead of thinking of an excuse to stay home and watch the Bruins game. \

Kind of hockey related.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I don't live near Boston, so it is easier for me to not give any money to the NHL. It would be really tough, to not go to some games.

I made a commitment, after the cancelled season, to spend 0 dollars on NHL merchandise, until the next CBA. I f they had been able to sign the new one, without any lost games (so much for that hope), my personal boycott would come to an end.

It almost killed me to not buy anything in 2011, but I stuck it out.

Now, it looks like another 5 years at least, before the NHL gets any of my money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'll still follow the game as closely as ever, watch virtually every B's game, but I won't spend as much.  Ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Living where I do, my only real spending was on Center Ice.  I won't sign up this year if they get the season going at some point. Simply sour on the NHL right now. 

I had tickets to the Bruins Jets Pre-Season game in Saskatoon which was cancelled.  They told us the teams made a commitment to play the game whenever the lockout ends, even if it has to be next year.  I still went for the refund.  Didn't want them holding my money any longer.    Now I'm sure if they re-schedule I will be buying right away, and probably paying more knowing the NHL, but to see the B's in Saskatoon is a once in a lifetime event so I will pay. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I never spend money on NHL anything, so I'll be spening the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I spent my NHL budget already on WHL and MLS tickets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I will probably spend less money but will end up watching more live hockey.  I will certainly go to lots of AHL hockey games considering all the high end talent that will be passing through town at a bargain price.  NO merchandice, no flying to Boston for a few games, no NHL Centre Ice etc. will make for a much cheaper year.  Having said that, I would gladly give up all the savings to have NHL back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Stopped going to NHL gm's once my son started playing travel baseball 4 yrs ago. The only money I spend on it now is center ice and I'll continue in this direction once the season starts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I spent my NHL budget already on WHL and MLS tickets.

Brutal!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only money i'll spend is if the B'S pull off another cup triumph....  i can't resist "cup winner" apparel....

that's the only way i'll forgive and forget for the foreseeable future....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll probably spend less but not as an attempt at a boycott or a matter of spite.  I've already purchased more NCAA tickets than usual and I've already cancelled the NHL package.  If the NHL suddenly comes back I doubt I am going to pony up a whole bunch of cash to catch back up, and I already have tickets for Denver U hockey on a lot of Friday and Saturday nights through the winter.  

From a practical standpoint, a boycott doesn't make sense for me for the same reasons NAS mentions -- it would be harder on me than anyone else.  But it also doesn't make sense to change my plans just to accomodate NHL games that suddenly come on the schedule.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Less

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Less

But aren't you a season ticket holder? 

(LOL)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I don't spend much money on the NHL anyways, so they're not relying on me for HRR.  I take the family to a game every two years or so, what with the night out costing somewhere in the neighbourhood of $300. 

What's probably true is, when/if they come back, I'll probably invest less TIME watching them on TV.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to heyoo's comment:

Less

But aren't you a season ticket holder? 

(LOL)

Correct get my first payment back nov 10th. And i will not be spending it on the nhl though might make my way down to see some prov bs games. Dont think the season will start until jan if they have a season at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no center ice (even if season does resume at some point), will not attend any games this year(usually 3 or 4). i don't spend $ on merchandise (i have a winter hat, and championship T, and game puck... AND THAT'S IT), so that doesn't change. i will say... i might go see a couple more phantoms games, or A-devils games when they play the p-bruins. that equates to about $800 the NHL won't get from me this season. their loss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I have enough Bs stuff around the house.  A signed Orr photo would be nice, otherwise sorry no can do.  Go UNH Wildcats!

Sections
Shortcuts