Wilson finally Canned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Wilson finally Canned

Burke finally got rid of his life partner Wilson in TO. Took long enough. I was kind of hoping BB would be too stubborn to fire him and Ronnie boy could continue to run the team into the ground

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Re: Wilson finally Canned

Just heard it on TSN as I was watching the Ottawa Chicago game. About time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

About time for the Leafs that is. If Eakins (assuming it is him) can spark the team they just might squeak into the playoffs, to get destroyed by NYR.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

wow, i dont know why but I'm suprised...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As long as they hire a coach who can speak English then all is fine.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Me too in a way Kelvana. He just got a contract extension not two months ago. I guess that extra cash was one last favour by BB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Wilson finally Canned:
    As long as they hire a coach who can speak English then all is fine.  
    Posted by islamorada

Would be hilarious if they got Roy or some other Quebecker....maybe Carbonneau.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Just heard it on TSN as I was watching the Ottawa Chicago game. About time
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever

Speaking of this game, is Chicago that good or Ottawa that bad? If the latter, why don't they play like that when they take on the B's?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Last summer there was a lot of talk up here about this being a make-or-break season for Wilson.  With the team on this losing streak which not only allowed other clubs to gain but pass them in the standings the building to this inceased.  OVer the last few weeks callers on sports talk radio have been screaming for his exit.  Earlier this week The Toronto Sun had a sports section headline that read "W-RON-G MAN FOR THE JOB." 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Me too in a way Kelvana. He just got a contract extension not two months ago. I guess that extra cash was one last favour by BB.
    Posted by jaywall

jay - Just last week AM 640's Bill Watters commented on the extension.  He said with the club in an unresponsive freefall eyes must turn to Wilson thus making the extension his potential severance pay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Wilson finally Canned : jay - Just last week AM 640's Bill Watters commented on the extension.  He said with the club in an unresponsive freefall eyes must turn to Wilson thus making the extension his severance pay.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Wow, how can we tell that TO is one of the richer teams to pull that kind of obvious monetary benevolence!

I guess the B's did it too inadvertantly when they axed Lewis one year into his three year deal. Different circumstances obviously but jeesh. Is it too late to change my career to coaching? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1140354--maple-leafs-fire-ron-wilson   From The Star.  I just heard on THE FAN 590 that Randy Carlyle will be behind the bench tomorrow vs the Habs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

TSN just confirmed Carlyle as new Leafs coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Good pick RHO. I have much respect for Carlyle both when he played and as a coach. Look for a late run by the Buds.

One thing though. Carlyle teams are usually quite tough, something the 2012 Leafs are not. I wonder if Rosehill and Orr make a return from the minors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In response to "Re: Wilson finally Canned":
    wow, i dont know why but I'm suprised... Posted by kelvana33
    I dunno, maybe because he was given an extension just 9 weeks ago?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Good pick RHO. I have much respect for Carlyle both when he played and as a coach. Look for a late run by the Buds. One thing though. Carlyle teams are usually quite tough, something the 2012 Leafs are not. I wonder if Rosehill and Orr make a return from the minors.
    Posted by jaywall

jay - That seems to happen in some cases doesn't it?  I wouldn't be shocked if the recently demoted Rosehill gets the call.  Right now the Leafs have only the always game Mike Brown in that role. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Wilson finally Canned : jay - That seems to happen in some cases doesn't it?  I wouldn't be shocked if the recently demoted Rosehill gets the call.  Right now the Leafs have only the always game Mike Brown in that role. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Heh....yeah, like every year there is that spark for a late run. Last year it was the Reimer callup that lit the fire. The only year they did not do this and the B's got Seguin for their troubles. Thank you Wilson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This would be a WHOLE lot more interesting if we still had a draft pick coming from them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Wilson finally Canned:
     Burke finally got rid of his life partner Wilson in TO. Took long enough. I was kind of hoping BB would be too stubborn to fire him and Ronnie boy could continue to run the team into the ground
    Posted by jaywall

How can Burke keep his job after firing the guy who he just signed to an extension 2 months ago? Most businessmen would consider that to be bad management.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Wilson finally Canned : How can Burke keep his job after firing the guy who he just signed to an extension 2 months ago? Most businessmen would consider that to be bad management.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Obviously TO has different standards Dez. Money is no object to them. Their legions of sheep will keep offering their first born for tickets and merch and BB will continue to blow millions as he sees fit. Ballard lives, just in a more benevolent form in the 21st century.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

This would be a WHOLE lot more interesting if we still had a draft pick coming from them.
    Posted by BadHabitude

As a bruins fan, American-Canadian citizen who has to put up with Leaf propaganda 24-7, and overall lover of the game, this news is interesting even if the B's are no longer able to pillage future superstars form these clowns.

I wonder if they will take Savard and his contract for their 2012 first rounder. He is a #1 center the Buds covet. PC, are you listening?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

not enough talent on that team... sorry, but he's just a scape goat.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Leafs will Win THe Cup this year !! another great move by Burke, as was the Colborne trade- ripped off Chiapet..
    Posted by cactusTony

Hi Tony:

Thanks for this. We value your input.

Cheers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wilson finally Canned : Speaking of this game, is Chicago that good or Ottawa that bad? If the latter, why don't they play like that when they take on the B's? Posted by jaywall

No, No JWalters according to some on BDC the Senators were going to catch the Bruins in the standings in a matter of time LoL!

As far as the the firing of Wilson then hiring of Carlyle it isn't going to matter because neither can fix bad goaltending nor the players that Burke brought in.

Sections
Shortcuts