Win win situation tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Win win situation tonight

In Response to Win win situation tonight:
    [QUOTE]A win against Florida, fine, but if they lose this puts the Maple Leafs squarely in the bottom five, 9 pts behind everyone else.  This would pretty much insure the 5th pick for the Bruins and everyone in that bottom 5 has the potential to surpass the leafs except for the Islanders. I consider 9-10 pts to be virtually insurmountable at this point in the season, unless you've been enormously underachieving as I believe the Devils, Sens and Oil have, no they are not cup contenders or even playoff contenders, but they should be better than their records are.  If the Bruins gained 9 pts that would put them 2nd oveall in the league, great if it happens, but no where near expected or realistic. Another thought.  Being objective about this and looking at the deal with Toronto that brought us this pick, name a player in the NHL that is worth a #2 overall, a #32 overall and a # 5 overall.  And don't say Kessel, if you do you are clearly high or brain damaged.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I am slightly high but Ovechkin ,Crosby,Stamkos,Malkin etc.are worth it(without knowing how good #5 will be).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Win win situation tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Win win situation tonight : I am slightly high but Ovechkin ,Crosby,Stamkos,Malkin etc.are worth it(without knowing how good #5 will be).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Wait, if you were slightly high you would have said Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and K... K.. Kes... and then lost your train of thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would pretty much only put Crosby as worth it.  Maybe Stamkos, but Seguin in time could develope into that type of player.  That second top-five pick would make it hard to find a player worth two top-five players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With a little more than 40% of the season left to play, I think it's a bit early to suggest the outcome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Way too early, but I think Toronto finishes in the bottom 3 along with Ottawa and Edmonton

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Dez pass Bad your wacky, or take it away from him.

9 points insurmountable, with 30 games left, that can be caught in 10 games with a hot streak.

Phil-1st gained 7 points on Atl-8th in the last 10 games.
    NJ gained 6 points on TO in last 3 games, now only 8 back with game in hand with a hot Brodeur and Kov starting to score along with Rolston et al.
    Just 20 games ago Cal was fighting for #1 overall and now it is for a playoff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Dez pass Bad your wacky, or take it away from him. 9 points insurmountable, with 30 games left, that can be caught in 10 games with a hot streak. Phil-1st gained 7 points on Atl-8th in the last 10 games. NJ gained 6 points on TO in last 3 games, now only 8 back with game in hand with a hot Brodeur and Kov starting to score along with Rolston et al. Just 20 games ago Cal was fighting for #1 overall and now it is for a playoff.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Yah, you're right, but what are the odds at this point in the season when things have generally settled down.

More than likely the bottom 5 will remain the bottom 5 with things only shaking up within that bunch.  Probably.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez pass Bad your wacky, or take it away from him. 9 points insurmountable, with 30 games left, that can be caught in 10 games with a hot streak. Phil-1st gained 7 points on Atl-8th in the last 10 games. NJ gained 6 points on TO in last 3 games, now only 8 back with game in hand with a hot Brodeur and Kov starting to score along with Rolston et al. Just 20 games ago Cal was fighting for #1 overall and now it is for a playoff.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I agree.Especially with the schedule being as weighted as it is,10 points can be made up in weeks.Not saying it's likely but very possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And the other point stands, more distance between with a Florida win doesn't hurt the draft race.

I wouldn't mind if they lost all the games to those bottom feeders (except the Leafs) and won the games against everyone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]And the other point stands, more distance between with a Florida win doesn't hurt the draft race. I wouldn't mind if they lost all the games to those bottom feeders (except the Leafs) and won the games against everyone else.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Hey,whatever gets us into the playoffs AND a high draft pick works for me......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Don't tell this to the players... we don't need them taking another night off!

Sections
Shortcuts