Wings vs Carolina... same old, same old

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wings vs Carolina... same old, same old

After having to watch every Red Wing game with my wife over the years, I have to say I've gotten a little tired of their absolute predictibility of Datsyuk and Zetterberg tying games in the last minute or so. Ive lost count how many times they have done it.  We laugh about it in one goal deficit third periods now.

So watching them enter the 3rd vs Carolina tonight 0-2 it was like, really? Of course, quick goal, 2-1. Then the Fully Predictable last 2 minute flurry, tying goal with 17 seconds left, and winner in OT.

This team is going to torture teams in the East now.  Fortunately, everyone has to deal with them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Wings vs Carolina... same old, same old

Translation:  

Nothing would make you happier than to have the Wings tie the B's late in the third tonight, and then win it in regulation or OT....you know, so you can come here and tell us what chokers the B's are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I won't blast you for blasting the Bruins last spring.

Don't even let me start how I hate the idea of the Red Wings in the Bruins division. Better yet removing them from the BlackHawks and Red Wings rivarly .  I still don't like it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Translation:  

Nothing would make you happier than to have the Wings tie the B's late in the third tonight, and then win it in regulation or OT....you know, so you can come here and tell us what chokers the B's are.

Guaranteed thread for BDCs diehard Bruins fan. Can't wait!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'll agree with you on one thing, they are old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

If only their age affected their skill level which it has clearly not....hopefully the B's youth can age with such grace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the B's are better than the Red Wings. In every area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

If only their age affected their skill level which it has clearly not....hopefully the B's youth can age with such grace.

I agree but come playoff time they will be worn out, its early in the season and they have a bit of pep but we'll see in April.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree but come playoff time they will be worn out, its early in the season and they have a bit of pep but we'll see in April.

Good point. Though perhaps less travel this season will keep them less worn out? This year is a bit of an unknown which make sit even more exciting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Good point. Though perhaps less travel this season will keep them less worn out? This year is a bit of an unknown which make sit even more exciting.

You have a point there JM, the travel schedule in the west is brutal compared to the east so that will be a big benefit working out in the Wings favor. It should be exciting as you say. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No disrespect to the Wings but with the Bruins having won it all in 2011 I feared PC might be tempted to leave the roster alone and have the pivotal guys age with little youth turnover. 

They'd become greybeards along the likes of Detroit who last season had the second-highest average age in the league at 29.178.  The Devils (29.34) held the honor of highest average age.  Thankfully the Bruins didn't let that happen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

No disrespect to the Wings but with the Bruins having won it all in 2011 I feared PC might be tempted to leave the roster alone and have the pivotal guys age with little youth turnover. 

They'd become greybeards along the likes of Detroit who last season had the second-highest average age in the league at 29.178.  The Devils (29.34) held the honor of highest average age.  Thankfully the Bruins didn't let that happen. 

Also of note, the B's core (Chara aside) are still very young and just entering their prime.

Detroit? Not so much. Who are Datsyuk's and Zett's eventual replacements? Nyquist? Mrazek? Who was Lidstrom's? Kronwall? Ericson? For all the props we have been giving the Wings management the past 15 years it now seems that they have been lacking heirs...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Also of note, the B's core (Chara aside) are still very young and just entering their prime.

Detroit? Not so much. Who are Datsyuk's and Zett's eventual replacements? Nyquist? Mrazek? Who was Lidstrom's? Kronwall? Ericson? For all the props we have been giving the Wings management the past 15 years it now seems that they have been lacking heirs...

Thanks, jm.  You clearly articulated what I was trying to stumble through.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I admire the Detriot mystical drafting and development of excellent players.  Meanwhile, the respect ends there! They caved in dealing with the Black hawks in last year's palyoffs, I am not thinking anything more than a that! The Bs are a better team.  Time to prove it.

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

After having to watch every Red Wing game with my wife over the years, I have to say I've gotten a little tired of their absolute predictibility of Datsyuk and Zetterberg tying games in the last minute or so. Ive lost count how many times they have done it.  We laugh about it in one goal deficit third periods now.

So watching them enter the 3rd vs Carolina tonight 0-2 it was like, really? Of course, quick goal, 2-1. Then the Fully Predictable last 2 minute flurry, tying goal with 17 seconds left, and winner in OT.

This team is going to torture teams in the East now.  Fortunately, everyone has to deal with them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thanks, jm.  You clearly articulated what I was trying to stumble through.

My pleasure even though it was somewhat accidental......lol.

In truth, Detroit is (in my eyes at least) clearly declining and will be battling for the first overall pick within a few years. No shame in this, though. Every organization comes to this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ready to give the Wings worship a little rest SoxFan?  The B's are better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How can someone constantly bash a team for "blowing" leads, claim to cut all emotional ties with them, then, claim to be a fan of a new team and then say your sick of the new teams ability to tie games in the last minute or so?

Go ahead, call me a bully all you want, but you kind of set yourself up for this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, B's handled them easily last night. No fear of the patented Detroit Comeback there.

B's look real sharp, loving the extra jump the new guys are bringing to the table.

Still think Detroit will give people fits in the East this year.  They looked ragged after 3 games in 4 nights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I like and respect the Wings. I mean who can't enjoy watching Datsyuk and Zetterberg? I have as little "hatred" for them as I do any opposing team (this may change with them in the division) Howard is a darned good goalie. I agree in the statement that they don't seem to have heirs to their great (read; aging) players. I don't think adding Alfie helps them in the least.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Wow, B's handled them easily last night. No fear of the patented Detroit Comeback there.

B's look real sharp, loving the extra jump the new guys are bringing to the table.

Still think Detroit will give people fits in the East this year.  They looked ragged after 3 games in 4 nights.

Not too many "patented" Redwing comebacks this year unless of course the refs miss a goal that should'nt have counted. I must say that i agreed with the pundits at the beginning of the year that the move to the east would suit the Wings and they would feast on the lesser lights, not the case, injury problems to their aging lineup and goalie have them in a dogfight to even make the playoffs.Should be an interesting race right down to the wire. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just like last year.  Then they'll squeek in and probably knock off St.Louis then take Anaheim to 7.

Unless the Olympics kill them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I've always enjoyed watching Red Wings games.

Datsyuk thrills me. Lidstrom was great to watch.  Their ability to make plays without giving up the puck. Their announcers are easy on the ears. Heck, I even like their anthem singer. For an old gal she's still eye candy ( at least for old goats like isla, Badhab and me ).

Problem is most of the above has had their day with their better years left behind.

As Mickey Redmond recently said on a telecast. "This is a Red Wing team that doesn't win 6-1 games anymore. They have to grind out their wins in close games".

Respecting the Wings of present is one thing. Fearing them is a thing of the past. 

P.S. One thing I've always hated about Red Wings games. When there was a close game people would stand up obstructing centre ice camera angles.

The worst set up in the league. 

Sections
Shortcuts