Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?

Can we put the Bruins in the improved somewhat category in the East after the trade deadline ?
    Nobody else in the East made any big deals to improve or add depth to their teams.
    Ottawa did a little, New Jersey and Philly did some moves last week.  
    The Rangers put all their eggs in the Nash basket and missed the boat.
    Flyers still have a goaltending problem.
    Pens stayed put, they might be the best team in the 2nd half of the season.

The West on the otherhand dealt away.
    Winners and improved teams , Nashville, Chicago, Vancouver and San Jose somewhat.

As a Bruins fans I'm satisfied and so happy the trade deadline is gone !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?

In Response to Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?:
    [QUOTE]Can we put the Bruins in the improved somewhat category in the East after the trade deadline ? Nobody else in the East made any big deals to improve or add depth to their teams. Ottawa did a little, New Jersey and Philly did some moves last week.   The Rangers put all their eggs in the Nash basket and missed the boat. Flyers still have a goaltending problem. Pens stayed put, they might be the best team in the 2nd half of the season. The West on the otherhand dealt away. Winners and improved teams , Nashville, Chicago, Vancouver and San Jose somewhat. As a Bruins fans I'm satisfied and so happy the trade deadline is gone !!!!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I'm satisfied too.......except I was hoping that Odouye didn't get traded and the NHL extended the trade deadline.

There goes the neighbourhood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Have to question the way LA threw their captain out there like that. Don't know what kind of message that sent, but I wouldn't like it. Also thought they paid a big price for a BIG contract.

Nashville may have improved depth-wise, but they are going to still have trouble scoring goals. They were one of the teams that didn't want to overspend in this seller's market, but I thought they missed an opportunity here.

I hate Vancouver and I hope those deals don't work out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looking ahead, or past this year, I like what Ottawa and Toronto did. I think Ben Bishop could be their #1 goalie next year and I really like Carter Ashton, thats a perfect fir for him up there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The good news: many East teams besides Bruins did not make a significant move to put them over the top

The bad news: anyone can win the East.  Even 8th place Washington. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?:
    [QUOTE]The good news: many East teams besides Bruins did not make a significant move to put them over the top The bad news: anyone can win the East.  Even 8th place Washington. 
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

Very true, Rick Nash not in a Rangers uniform is a deadline win here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winners (improved) and losers (missed the boat)? : Very true, Rick Nash not in a Rangers uniform is a deadline win here.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine if only 1 current roster player (DelZotto) and prospects would have gotten Nash to the Rangers ?   The East tonight would have looked a whole lot different.