Winning streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Winning streak

Not be confused with an undefeated streak.

How many?

Love to see them break the previous team record of 14.

It would be sweet to see them beat the record of 17 set by the 92-93 Pens.

For me this would be better than a President's cup or winning the conference because it would be a record and not just a standings thing.  Huge psychological momentum going into the playoffs.

Hopefully the team is thinkging about it and feeling some pressure.  I think that's good because they will get used to the pressure as there is in every playoff game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Winning streak

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not be confused with an undefeated streak.

How many?

Love to see them break the previous team record of 14.

It would be sweet to see them beat the record of 17 set by the 92-93 Pens.

For me this would be better than a President's cup or winning the conference because it would be a record and not just a standings thing.  Huge psychological momentum going into the playoffs.

Hopefully the team is thinkging about it and feeling some pressure.  I think that's good because they will get used to the pressure as there is in every playoff game.

[/QUOTE]

I hope they're not. From everything said publicly by those on or around the team, they play better when they only focus on the game at hand. I think they have a better chance of breaking the record if they don't think about the record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope they're not. From everything said publicly by those on or around the team, they play better when they only focus on the game at hand. I think they have a better chance of breaking the record if they don't think about the record.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, then I hope they're treating every game like it's a big game.  

I'm hoping for anything they either helps them or prepares them for the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think this streak has bought themselves some room if they choose to rest Chara and/or anyone that might be dinged up heading into the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this streak has bought themselves some room if they choose to rest Chara and/or anyone that might be dinged up heading into the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I really hope they give Chara a few games off so he's well rested for the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Tampa and Pitts are tied in the third. Depending how that game ends, and what happens in Phoenix, Boston could have an 8 point lead in the Conference and a 14 in the division. The sooner they clinch the sooner player's get their rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tampa and Pitts are tied in the third. Depending how that game ends, and what happens in Phoenix, Boston could have an 8 point lead in the Conference and a 14 in the division. The sooner they clinch the sooner player's get their rest.

[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?  I thought they clinched last night?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I mean clinching the division title and the conference title. They clinched a playoff spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm enjoying it's the Bruins doing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Right now, in an "extreme" scenario, they need to get 109 points to clinch the division.  TB can only max out at 108 points IF they win every one of their remaining 11 games.  

Bs need 8 points to clinch the Atlantic, as of right now.  And, in all likelihood it will be less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well Philly won, so Boston is currently first in the league (more ROW's than the Blues). OT win for Pitts, so the B's are 4 pts up on them and 15 ahead of Tampa for the division. Could stretch that to 17 on the division with a win tonight. If they do, then either three more B's wins or 3 Tampa losses clinches the division for Boston, guaranteeing them a first round against a wild card.

I think that's when you'll start to see some guys getting rested.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2 games away from the team record

5 games away from the league record

I hope they get both!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think that the deadline deal helped this team alot, meaning that adding meszaros giving them that experienced piece to give the young guns some breaks finishing up the season and heading into the playoffs. I agree it would be nice to see cgara take a couple of games off and be well rested. The 2 week layoff from the olympics seemed to benefit the bruins well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Best thing about the streak is that, if it had to be a regular season thing, it's happening now.  They have 11 games left.  If they value the streak at all, they can keep everyone going for it for a few more games and see if they can set a new NHL record - then if they do hit 18 straight, they can still rest guys for the last 5 games or so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

No doubt this group would LOVE to set a new record and have their names written down in the team history books. Here's hoping their arch rival doesn't put an end to the fun tomorrow night......that would stink!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No doubt this group would LOVE to set a new record and have their names written down in the team history books. Here's hoping their arch rival doesn't put an end to the fun tomorrow night......that would stink!

[/QUOTE]

Please hockey gods, anyone, anyone but them to end this streak, anyone.  Let number 13 be a lucky number and one  (or 8) bad goals go in off price.  Hockey gods, if there is ever going to be a double digit shutout of les habitants, let it be tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please hockey gods, anyone, anyone but them to end this streak, anyone.  Let number 13 be a lucky number and one  (or 8) bad goals go in off price.  Hockey gods, if there is ever going to be a double digit shutout of les habitants, let it be tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Not tonight, we let them have the first 10minutes and then it over.... Lets show them what home Ice is all about. my sentiments exactly "Anyone but them"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

The thing that has impressed me the most during this streak is that the B's have developed a mentality that they won't be out-played. It's not an arrogant confidence, they don't "expect" to win, they just take it personally when they aren't playing well or the opposition scores a goal. That Coyotes game had "letdown" written all over it, but the Bruins as a team passed, instead opting to suck it up and get it done. 

Whether they win tonight or not (and at least you have to think they won't have to play 5v9 being on the TD Garden ice) this team sure is fun to watch.