Winnipeg Jets--fitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Winnipeg Jets--fitting

Shortened season for a western team with an Eastern schedule..Theyre going to rack some big miles in a short span..I wonder if the b's will even go out west.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Winnipeg Jets--fitting

The B's won't have a single game outside the Eastern time zone. The Jets schedule this year may be the harshest away schedule in the history of the NHL - not one in their own time zone, their  closest away game is 2,229 kms away - that's their CLOSEST. Very harsh schedule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

are you trying to get NAS upset ? lol

anyway, who knows what the schedule will be, maybe Jets in with Detroit ?  would that be better Red ?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Maybe next year, but Bettman said they're staying put this season. In the long run, I could see them ending up in a division with Minny, Chicago, St. Louis and Detroit - makes the most geographical sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The B's won't have a single game outside the Eastern time zone. The Jets schedule this year may be the harshest away schedule in the history of the NHL - not one in their own time zone, their  closest away game is 2,229 kms away - that's their CLOSEST. Very harsh schedule.

[/QUOTE]

What's harsh about it?  They aren't traveling by bus and staying in youth hostiles.  That they are still playing vs. the east is absolutely ridiculous.

If you still want to feel bad for them, remember that the NHL tried to change the alignment and the players vetoed it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's harsh about it?  They aren't traveling by bus and staying in youth hostiles.  That they are still playing vs. the east is absolutely ridiculous.

If you still want to feel bad for them, remember that the NHL tried to change the alignment and the players vetoed it.

[/QUOTE]

You must be a closet Jets fan , the minute there's a thread on the Jets you're always all over it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm with you NAS. THEY DON'T carry their own bags, have to make any arrangements, wait in any lines, check into hotels, drive themselves anywhere, fix their own meals. THEY GET ferried everywhere they go, fly first class, have most every luxury afforded them, rest while flying.  this doesn't sound too harsh to me, sounds like a great time for a nap. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We mock the idea, but getting your body beat up every other night then cramming your weary muscles into a seated position on a plane for hours on end WILL have a significant negative impact on the players. Yes it's first class the whole way - but the time spent sitting will be like torture some nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Do you think there's a chance Byfuglien shows up at Jets camp looking like Yokozuna ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's not a chance, that's basically a guarantee.

And NAS, I never meant brutal in terms of conditions, I was reffering to time and distance - having to log that much air time won't be beneficial for the team, it's part of why their road record was so brutal last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

That's not a chance, that's basically a guarantee.

And NAS, I never meant brutal in terms of conditions, I was reffering to time and distance - having to log that much air time won't be beneficial for the team, it's part of why their road record was so brutal last year.

[/QUOTE]

Their road record was terrible last year because they were, and will continue to be, a terrible team.

Carolina, Winnepeg and Tampa had very similar records last year on the road, but it was the travel that did in the Jets?  Nope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    You must be a closet Jets fan , the minute there's a thread on the Jets you're always all over it.

[/QUOTE]

It's the only other team we talk about regularly, so it might seem that way.  I'm a Leafs fan.  There is no secret there.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to GregorysDaddy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shortened season for a western team with an Eastern schedule..Theyre going to rack some big miles in a short span..I wonder if the b's will even go out west.

[/QUOTE]

I think the B's are afraid to go out west unless O'Halloran, O'Rourke and Walkom are their personal guardians. Sure hope the B's meet Dallas so Rome can flatten Horton again.

[/QUOTE]

take a deep breath... everything will be alright. i am now handing you a tissue to wipe your eyes and blow your nose. you'll be ok little guy, cheer up, chances are the bruins won't win the cup EVERY year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the only other team we talk about regularly, so it might seem that way.  I'm a Leafs fan.  There is no secret there.

[/QUOTE]

This might be the year they make the playoffs.  I hope they get Luongo.

As for the travel it's too bad re-alignement was not accepted , it would have been better divisions.  At least they could have accepted the teams being moved around.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Changing time zones on a regular basis would probably get pretty annoying...

Compared to other NHL teams, they have a rough flight schedule...

Compared to regular people, they are still flying on private charters and make millions to play a game haha...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, basic math really does escape you. If one team has to travel 2200 km's between games and another team travels only 100, that's a major advantage regardless of how nice the planes are. The NY teams for instance, will have "road trips" in which they only travel by bus. Secondly, where did Red say she or anyone else "feels bad" for the Jets? Since when did providing facts become a problem? Oh yeah, it was during the lockout. I don't know how I forgot that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GregorysDaddy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the B's are afraid to go out west unless O'Halloran, O'Rourke and Walkom are their personal guardians. Sure hope the B's meet Dallas so Rome can flatten Horton again.

[/QUOTE]

take a deep breath... everything will be alright. i am now handing you a tissue to wipe your eyes and blow your nose. you'll be ok little guy, cheer up, chances are the bruins won't win the cup EVERY year.

[/QUOTE]

And the Vancouver Sookey Babies will NEVER win IT!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

You posters are a bunch of dopes!  Team travel makes the team come together and play better according to all the media pundits etc!!!! Hehe.   Thank the NHLPA for the realighnment snafu.  Oh well the Jets fans will have to fill the seats one more year, but next year there will be plenty of UFAs (buyouts) to pick up.  Ok, that was stupid of me.  Ok then maybe you will get to trade Evander as he is a little snot punk, I have read!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You posters are a bunch of dopes!  Team travel makes the team come together and play better according to all the media pundits etc!!!! Hehe.   Thank the NHLPA for the realighnment snafu.  Oh well the Jets fans will have to fill the seats one more year, but next year there will be plenty of UFAs (buyouts) to pick up.  Ok, that was stupid of me.  Ok then maybe you will get to trade Evander as he is a little snot punk, I have read!

[/QUOTE]

Nobody has to worry about the Jets for at least 5 years

even if they won't be a winning team.I got up in the morning

and every topic was nhl hockey is back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, basic math really does escape you. If one team has to travel 2200 km's between games and another team travels only 100, that's a major advantage regardless of how nice the planes are. The NY teams for instance, will have "road trips" in which they only travel by bus. Secondly, where did Red say she or anyone else "feels bad" for the Jets? Since when did providing facts become a problem? Oh yeah, it was during the lockout. I don't know how I forgot that.

[/QUOTE]

Don't the Wings & Jackets have the same issue playing out of the west? Won't 100% of their games be out of their timezone? 

I think NAS is being a little bit of dick about it though. For him to think that much travel won't have some effect on the team as a whole is a little obtuse, but that's NAS at his finest LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No, the Wings and Jackets will play each other either 4 or 5 times.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The team that logged the most miles last year, by far(pun intended), was the LA Kings.  Next question?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts