Winnipeg Jets--fitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Winnipeg Jets--fitting

In response to red75's comment:

No, the Wings and Jackets will play each other either 4 or 5 times.

Nice catch Red. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

The team that logged the most miles last year, by far(pun intended), was the LA Kings.  Next question?

Since they travelled to Europe last year you're right, but I bet if you take that trip out of there the Jets travelled further. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

In response to GregorysDaddy's comment:

In response to lucdufour's comment:

The team that logged the most miles last year, by far(pun intended), was the LA Kings.  Next question?

Wrong, it always been the courageous Canucks on the beautiful west coast of Canada.

Wrong, it's LA

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/6/23/2240779/nhl-travel-miles-by-team-super-schedule

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Wrong, it's LA

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/6/23/2240779/nhl-travel-miles-by-team-super-schedule

[/QUOTE]

Why would LA travel 5000 miles more than Anaheim?  They're getting screwed by the schedule makers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

Why would LA travel 5000 miles more than Anaheim?  They're getting screwed by the schedule makers.

It was because of their Euro trip - they traveled 15,000 less he year before.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's inject a little math into this discussion. the team that logs the fewest miles traveled is the devils- 28,000 miles. the team that logs the most miles traveled is LA- 55,000 miles. the difference is 27,000 miles, and passenger plane travels at roughly 500+ miles per hour. the kings will spend a little less than 54 more hours on a plane over a 6 month span, than the devils will.  that amounts to less than 10 hours a month, and between 2 and 3 hours more per week flying (and sleeping) in a first class cabin. not quite the big deal after crunching the numbers eh? and remember these are the two extremes, the difference between winnepeg and a middle of the pack traveler, is barely noteworthy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

let's inject a little math into this discussion. the team that logs the fewest miles traveled is the devils- 28,000 miles. the team that logs the most miles traveled is LA- 55,000 miles. the difference is 27,000 miles, and passenger plane travels at roughly 500+ miles per hour. the kings will spend a little less than 54 more hours on a plane over a 6 month span, than the devils will.  that amounts to less than 10 hours a month, and between 2 and 3 hours more per week flying (and sleeping) in a first class cabin. not quite the big deal after crunching the numbers eh? and remember these are the two extremes, the difference between winnepeg and a middle of the pack traveler, is barely noteworthy.

nice breakdown

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

ADK, this year is obviously going to be different than the norm and again, I don't care that the Jets have travel issues. That said, it's clearly a disadvantage if one team has to travel thousands of miles between games while their opponent travels only hundreds of miles. Spending hours on a plane and in airports instead of stretched out in a hotel room is a clear disadvantage, regardless of how nice a plane may be. For example, if the Jets play at home on a Saturday night and in Calgary on Sunday while the Flames only played at home the night before, that is a clear advantage to the Flames. The condensed schedule will only increase the ad/disadvantage. Cheers! Go Bruins!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

we'll have to agree to disagree, i don't think that sitting on a plane in first class for 2+hours more than your opponent, over a week, is much of a disadvantage... you do.  notice i didn't say  "it has NO effect", i said barely noteworthy. and also, i used the two extremes. the time in air difference between them and the majority of teams is around 1+ hour more a week. ONE HOUR over a week. maybe winnepeg should suck it up, like the 2012 stanley cup champion LA kings did. they were at the biggest "disadvantage" last season, yet managed to win a stanley cup. as for this season, i don't care who travels where, it's not a legit nhl season. this years cup winner will have an asterisk next its name- *48 game lockout-shortened season*. hopefully after this year, the nhl straightens out the winnepeg situation. anywho... i just tried to apply real world numbers to a discussion. or maybe i'm still bitter about the lockout, and don't want to hear how bad nhl players have it... sitting on that plane for an extra hour.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

we'll have to agree to disagree, i don't think that sitting on a plane in first class for 2+hours more than your opponent, over a week, is much of a disadvantage... you do.  notice i didn't say  "it has NO effect", i said barely noteworthy. and also, i used the two extremes. the time in air difference between them and the majority of teams is around 1+ hour more a week. ONE HOUR over a week. maybe winnepeg should suck it up, like the 2012 stanley cup champion LA kings did. they were at the biggest "disadvantage" last season, yet managed to win a stanley cup. as for this season, i don't care who travels where, it's not a legit nhl season. this years cup winner will have an asterisk next its name- *48 game lockout-shortened season*. hopefully after this year, the nhl straightens out the winnepeg situation. anywho... i just tried to apply real world numbers to a discussion. or maybe i'm still bitter about the lockout, and don't want to hear how bad nhl players have it... sitting on that plane for an extra hour.  

ADK, I personally don't like or care about the Jets. I'm simply stating that if one team is in the air or travelling from the airport while the other is sleeping at home, it makes a difference. Who knows though? Sometimes it's the team that's supposed to be tired that ends up playing better. Cheers!

• Sections
    Shortcuts