Wish the B's signed him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wish the B's signed him

I really wish the Bruins would've brought him in. Shupe said it in another thread, but now that he's gone to the Rangers. I think he's going to be a good pick up. Great net front presence. 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414558

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Wish the B's signed him

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I really wish the Bruins would've brought him in. Shupe said it in another thread, but now that he's gone to the Rangers. I think he's going to be a good pick up. Great net front presence. 

That he had 17 goals in 72 games last year shows he's still able to pot a few. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

That he had 17 goals in 72 games last year shows he's still able to pot a few. 

Yea and just always seems that a player like this always comes in and haunts the B's...eg Mike Knuble with Washington...Brian Bellows with Washington, Joe Juneau with Washington. Guys near the end of their careers always seem to be the ones that help end the Bruins season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

100% agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yup. Arnott was my choice to fill in that veteran leadership warrior type role.  He would have looked good in blk n gold.  Perfect fit for the 3rd line.  Still can score, crash n bang and play some pp minutes.  Lazer shot and a cup winner.  Ideal pickup for the rangers.    

once teams start falling outta the race they will look to shed payrol.   There will be some good players available.   Chimera is my choice.  Fast, hits and some decent hands.  He adds size and speed to two speedsters.  He also can kill penalties.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's with the "him" and not mentioning the player's name?

"Hmm.  I wonder who Nite is talking about.  I better copy and paste the link and find out."

Weak.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As for Arnott, the B's have 7 of a possible 8 points right now. I'm pretty happy with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure where Arnott would fit in the B's line up. Who's he going to replace? Chris Kelly? No. Greg Campbell? Really no need. He's a center so I doubt he would sign to be a 3rd line wing and play in place of Bourque. I'm sure he had some offers and chose the one that fit him best for the most money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What's with the "him" and not mentioning the player's name?

"Hmm.  I wonder who Nite is talking about.  I better copy and paste the link and find out."

Weak.

Sorry your Highness I forgot to put his name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Not sure where Arnott would fit in the B's line up. Who's he going to replace? Chris Kelly? No. Greg Campbell? Really no need. He's a center so I doubt he would sign to be a 3rd line wing and play in place of Bourque. I'm sure he had some offers and chose the one that fit him best for the most money.

Peverly & Kelly can & have play both. So I don't think it would've been an issue. Nothing wrong with adding some depth. More likely than not that a Bruin forward playing in the top 9 will get hurt at some point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Rangers need Arnott more than the Bruins do. Always liked his game but I think PC could get a better player for Kelly and Peverley at the trade deadline if need be. The 3rd line needs someone with speed for Peverleys playmaking not some lug-nut-stationary-winger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Rangers need Arnott more than the Bruins do. Always liked his game but I think PC could get a better player for Kelly and Peverley at the trade deadline if need be. The 3rd line needs someone with speed for Peverleys playmaking not some lug-nut-stationary-winger.

We think alike.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Well another way of looking at it, would be that he could've still done that even with Arnott in the lineup. And as Kel pointed out- Arnott is a center. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Yup. Arnott was my choice to fill in that veteran leadership warrior type role.  He would have looked good in blk n gold.  Perfect fit for the 3rd line.  Still can score, crash n bang and play some pp minutes.  Lazer shot and a cup winner.  Ideal pickup for the rangers.    

once teams start falling outta the race they will look to shed payrol.   There will be some good players available.   Chimera is my choice.  Fast, hits and some decent hands.  He adds size and speed to two speedsters.  He also can kill penalties.  

Hey Shupe...How about your boy Redden? 1st game in 2 seasons & pots one! lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well another way of looking at it, would be that he could've still done that even with Arnott in the lineup. And as Kel pointed out- Arnott is a center.

Kelly and Peverley are centers, the Bruins don't need another. It's a winger who can pop some goals is what they will need for depth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hey Shupe...How about your boy Redden? 1st game in 2 seasons & pots one! lol

Must have been a good feeling.  Another guy I wanted the bruins to snag.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree 100% , Bruins right now are doing well and don't need another center. If Bourque doesn't pan out Caron os back and/or they might try a Tardif. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Agree 100% , Bruins right now are doing well and don't need another center. If Bourque doesn't pan out Caron os back and/or they might try a Tardif. 

Arnott has played a lot of wing in his day.  But he's gone.  He's gonna help the rangers.  Hopefully we aren't revisiting this if we play them.  :-).  

We need an improvement over bourque.  But as NAS pointed out we don't need it immediately.  Wait and give him a chance.  Then make a move towards the deadline.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

News on him.

11m Katie Strang Katie Strang @KatieStrangESPN

#NYR Tentative one-year deal between Rangers and Jason Arnott is OFF, source tells ESPN NY. Was not cleared by NYR team doctors

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

News on him.

11m Katie Strang Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

#NYR Tentative one-year deal between Rangers and Jason Arnott is OFF, source tells ESPN NY. Was not cleared by NYR team doctors

The plot thickens. It could be either his knee or shoulder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Just saw this.  i still think someone gives him a deal.  Watch for Pitt.  league minimum. 

PS. Redden with 2 goals.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just saw this.  i still think someone gives him a deal.  Watch for Pitt.  league minimum. 

PS. Redden with 2 goals.  

Colorado could do it, if he's not too expensive.  Ryan O'Reilly still holding out and Steve Downie out for the year, so they're a little thin at forward and have plenty of cap space.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

PS. Redden with 2 goals.  

Colorado could do it, if he's not too expensive.  Ryan O'Reilly still holding out and Steve Downie out for the year, so they're a little thin at forward and have plenty of cap space.

Just wondering if Arnott would go to a possible non playoff team. Nothing against the avs.  And yes they are thin.  I think he will get grabbed by someone.  Maybe even by the rangers still sign him. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Umm, where would he play?  Odd thread. The guy is done. Desperation move by NY.

He had 17 goals last year.   Has a cup. Still can play.  PP guy as well.   which we could use.   But he will land somewhere.