Wisniewski...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Wisniewski...

...deserves every second of the eight game suspension.
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=124919

I lost it last year when he embellished the Bergeron high stick to get the power-play that eventually led to Subban's game-tying goal in game seven. Has to be in the top five on my hated players list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Wisniewski...

I dislike him more because he is a head-hunter and a player who tries to hurt others within the rules.  See the Krejci hit last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Shanahan is sending a clear message here. Also, league is cracking down on repeat offenders. Stupid play by Wisniewski.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Certain parts of his game I do not like but imo, he was the Habs best all around dman last year and without him, I think the Habs are weaker...and that continues to be a good thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Again, as in the other thread, Shanahan's explanation and ruling are exemplary. Huge step in the right direction. Maybe we'll see an end to the chicken wing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

all together now...F the habs, F the habs, F the habs!!!!!! what were we talking about again? man that felt good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

seobrien... a world without chicken wings, is a world i don't want to be part of!! chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings!!! i know i'm getting carried away, but these are two issues i'm very passionate about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

My ONLY issue with this is, what are they going to do when a TRUE repeat offender lays a hit like Rome did?  Seeing this get 8 games, a Rome hit from ANY repeat offender will have to get 30+.  I think theyre going to crash and burn.  Unless they come out and flat out say, "Suspension lengths are going to increase regardless, and if youre a repeat offender youre going to get far more than others" theyre going to have a problem down the road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't have a big problem with Wisniewski, but I love the suspension.  Instead of all of the silly criteria that ape Campbell used to determine whather a hit was bad (charging, elbow, direction and the letter of the law stuff), Shanahan is looking at what matters.

Was the head targeted with the hit?

Was the head the principal point of contact?

Nothing else really matters if the answer to those questions is yes.  Bad hit.  That is what they're trying to get rid of.

It does make me think of the Rome hit, because people continue to quibble over how fractionally late it was, or whether Horton had his head down or not.  Meaningless.  Refer to the two questions above.  Good on Shanny. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Fletch:  What happens if another "Rome" hit happens this year, say by a repeat offender?  If JW gets 8 for this little of a hit, how about when someone is clearly trying to kill the other player?  Will they really hand out a 30 game suspension?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

First of all JW is a repeat offender, in terms of serving suspensions.  I think that's why he got 8.

But I don't know.  30 games seems like a lot -- I doubt it unless it is a Bertuzzi-Steve Moore kind of hit.

My point is that Shanahan appears to be looking at the right criteria, IMO.  If Matt Cooke had been judged on targeting the head and intent to injure instead of by Campbell's arbitrary wheel of undefined justice, he would have been severely punished for the hit that wiped out Savard's career.

It's a step in the right direction.  We can no longer pretend that a mugging like Matt Cooke's is within the rules because of silly little technicalities.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Maybe no a 30 gamer but if someone like Cooke or Shelly or Avery pulls a career threatener why not a 20 game suspension?

Adk, Chicken wings are for eating, not throwing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I want to see the first season-ending suspension delivered to a player.  I think it might happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

should get a pool together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It would be the second season ender.  McSorley on Brashear was a career ender of an indeterminate suspension.

I doubt a Rome/Horton hit would get much more than 8-10 unless it was by a repeat offender AND outside the normal play.  That JW shot is also a cheap shot, not a hockey play that targets and contacts the head.  Rome's was a bad hockey hit.  JW's was clearly malicious attempt to injure.

And there isn't necessarily a huge escalator here.  I think this was a shot so outside the pale of something related to playing the game, it's near the top of the punishment multiplier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If a repeat offender does something bad, Shanny is going to have to give him the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

JF Jacques can join him. His actions were just as indefensible.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376907

Read Carlyle's response. Sounds like JF will not be with the team long.

Too bad JW makes too much dough to disappear as well.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Suspension lengths are going to increase regardless, and if youre a repeat offender youre going to get far more than others"

Watch the videos of Shanahan explaining why he's suspending each player. Brendan explains each hit and why. So every teams NHLPA rep should hold a meeting then play the videos. Then the player rep after all the videos are over should turn and say "If you hit a player like in those videos we just watched the guy who used to play in the NHL talking in them is going to F_____ suspend you!"

Every player Boyes, Wiz, Staubitz, Shelley and Leblond knew what they were doing and should have been suspended. Anybody who doesn't think so have there own agenda and that is too let senseless goomba goons keep headhunting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Wisniewski...:
    [QUOTE]It would be the second season ender.  McSorley on Brashear was a career ender of an indeterminate suspension. I doubt a Rome/Horton hit would get much more than 8-10 unless it was by a repeat offender AND outside the normal play.  That JW shot is also a cheap shot, not a hockey play that targets and contacts the head.  Rome's was a bad hockey hit.  JW's was clearly malicious attempt to injure. And there isn't necessarily a huge escalator here.  I think this was a shot so outside the pale of something related to playing the game, it's near the top of the punishment multiplier.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Bertuzzi's a season ender as well?

Plus there used to be lengthy suspensions many, many moons ago. Remember, it was a season ending suspension(and playoffs) that led to the Richard Riot. And what the Rocket did wasn't even half as bad as some of the plays we've seen in recent years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Naw, Subban is the most talented skater on that team. Denying that is just silly, it doesn't matter if you love it or hate it, it just is.

[QUOTE]Certain parts of his game I do not like but imo, he was the Habs best all around dman last year and without him, I think the Habs are weaker...and that continues to be a good thing.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I said Dman not skater and I would still say that last year Wiz was a better all around "Dman" than Subban.  Subban is a talent no doubt and brings more upside but imo Wiz was a bit more consistent in his own end.  Subban gambles a bit too much for my liking.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Im surprised they are so lengthy, for being preseason. I could see four to start, then 10, then the season. Man missing so many games would feel like being grounded when you were younger. That would suck, but you gotta pay for the stupidity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Did anyonesee the Neil/Grabovski hit? Never caught it and was curious what people who did thought of Shanny's ruling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Quick question:  Was JW ever in the Bruins system?  I got into it with a guy tonight about him, who swears he played for the PB's a couple years back.  I NEVER heard this or knew of this and argued all the way that it never happened.  I cannot find anything on the net about him playing for the PB's or being in the B's organization.  Any truth to this?  Was there another Wisniewski in the Bruins system at some point recently?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Quick question:  Was JW ever in the Bruins system?  I got into it with a guy tonight about him, who swears he played for the PB's a couple years back.  I NEVER heard this or knew of this and argued all the way that it never happened.  I cannot find anything on the net about him playing for the PB's or being in the B's organization.  Any truth to this?  Was there another Wisniewski in the Bruins system at some point recently?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    You were right BV. I'm sure he was thinking of Wozniewski.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471188