Witch Hunt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman?

McQ really shagged that 2nd goal, pointing at the forwards to pick up the trailer as his man untouched scores at side of net, priceless.  Watching the play, I was mesmerized trying to see what he kept pointing at and then I seen the player get puck and take shot and McQ's man score.

I like McQ a lot, but Stu is better.  Stu is also better than Boych and Kampf, but does not have Kampf offensive side nor Boyc shot.

Stu is not a liability on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2:
    In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defencemhttp://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumCreatePost&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckPostId=Cat%3aS : McQuaid's offensive output: 2 points vs. Carolina Assist #1:  Stops the puck at the point, throws it behind the net.  Horton wraps it around to the other defenseman who scores.  Assist #2:  Gets the puck in the defensive zone at the circles, raps it off the glass to Chara who takes it the length of the ice and scores. 1 point vs. Philly Assist:  Throws it on goal. Ryder tips a weird one in. 1 point vs. Buffalo Assist:  Gets the puck at the point off the faceoff, shovels it to Ference who scores. 1 point vs. Atlanta Assist:  Great work down low on the boards, gets the puck to Thornton who scores. 1 point vs. Washington Assist:  Wheeler takes the puck from McQuaid at the red line, feeds Bergeron who scores 1 point vs. Pittsburgh Assist:  Honestly, it was a secondary assist and the video on NHL.com didn't go back far enough to see it.  Thornton carried the puck from the B's zone to the Pens zone and took a shot. *** What's my point?  McQuaid's offensive output isn't a talking point for anyone about anything.  He had a real nice play on the assist vs. Atlanta.  Nothing else was anything at all.  I'm not saying that Stuart is better in the offensive zone.  I'm simpy using game facts (instead of game logs) to show that McQuaid isn't. I like McQuaid.  I'm happy he's a Bruin.  I can't wait to see what he turns in to.  The level of gaga people are going for him is fueled by a few fights.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Or it is from the fact that I have followed him since his arrival in the Bruins organization. From watching him I see that this guy is going to be a solid stay at home defensemen, much like Stuart. I could care less about McQuaids offensive output, he is a defensemen. He does very well in his own zone and rarely makes mistakes that lead to goals. The fact that he sticks up for his team and is willing to drop the gloves with anyone just adds to it. The kid is steady and a great teammate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2:
    In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 :  Or it is from the fact that I have followed him since his arrival in the Bruins organization. From watching him I see that this guy is going to be a solid stay at home defensemen, much like Stuart. I could care less about McQuaids offensive output, he is a defensemen. He does very well in his own zone and rarely makes mistakes that lead to goals. The fact that he sticks up for his team and is willing to drop the gloves with anyone just adds to it. The kid is steady and a great teammate.
    Posted by callodthedom19

McQuaid might very well develop into a solid stay at home defenseman.    As of now, he's a rookie and makes rookie plays (and rookie mistakes that lead to goals...see the Kings game when the puck goes right through him).  His passes often are not tape to tape. 

Fighting can be done by many, many players.

I hope he progresses.  I hope he becomes a fantastic NHL defenseman.  Right now, he is not.

Hey Chowda,

How about a link to the thread where the self proclaimed hockey God said Stuart was a #2 defenseman in the NHL?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I forgot you're always right. I am so sorry master.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman?:
    I forgot you're always right. I am so sorry master.
    Posted by callodthedom19

You gave your opinion.  I gave mine.  You got bent.

Sorry to offer facts that damage your man crush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman? : You gave your opinion.  I gave mine.  You got bent. Sorry to offer facts that damage your man crush.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I got bent? Not quite. I would take McQuaid over Stuart at this point is all. Why? Play the same style McQuaid has better numbers so far and he has not made any plays where you go WTH!!! It's not a man crush at all. I just want the players that give the B's the best chance to win on the ice. Right now it's McQuaid over Stuart. Stuart hasn't played solid this year. Before he got hurt he was coughing up the puck in his own end constantly and not making solid tape to tape passes. As for the goal that McQuaid was out on the ice during the Kings game. There is only one defenseman I am confident that would stop that puck... Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Stuart is 5th on this roster ! BYW , if Ference is still on the team it's not because CC has tried traading him...it's becasue no other team wants him !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Stuart is 5th on this roster ! BYW , if Ference is still on the team it's not because CC has tried traading him...it's becasue no other team wants him !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

You should have stayed in bed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Stuart isn't healthy!  He has been the Bruins Best and most consistent defenseman for 3 years. Everybody has always been mad at either Chara, Wideman, Ference, Hunwick...etc.... NEVER Stuart!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stuart isn't healthy!  He has been the Bruins Best and most consistent defenseman for 3 years. Everybody has always been mad at either Chara, Wideman, Ference, Hunwick...etc.... NEVER Stuart!
    Posted by bluefox70

Good point Blue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Posted by bluefox70

Chara has been the most consistent D-man for the B's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman? : Chara has been the most consistent D-man for the B's.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I agree regarding Chara but also agree that Stuart rarely draws the ire of fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman? : I agree regarding Chara but also agree that Stuart rarely draws the ire of fans.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He shouldn't either. I like Stuart and love his game. I was just simply saying McQuaid hasn't done anything that warrants a benching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

This is how I rank them as of right now (not necessarily how I think they'll rank by season's end or what I felt during the preseason):
    1. Chara
    2. Ference
    3. Seidenberg
    4. Kampfer
    5. Boychuck
    6. McQuaid
    7. Stuart

I think Stuart should be ahead of McQuaid but he has just hasn't played all that well this season IMO....even when healthy.  I think Chara has been closer to the Norris winning Chara of two years ago than the Chara of last season.  Ference's play has been nothing short of solid all year...now enough with the injury bug!  Seidenberg started slowly but has been pretty good for quite some time now.  Kampfer has looked quite poised and can really skate (playing with Chara doesn't hurt either).  Boychuck has been a little disappointing in the goals department otherwise I'd have him higher....other than that I don't really have any complaints in his game this year.  McQuaid has been pretty much what I expected....a tough, young #6 or 7 D-man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

This is how I rank them as of right now (not necessarily how I think they'll rank by season's end or what I felt during the preseason): 1. Chara 2. Ference 3. Seidenberg 4. Kampfer 5. Boychuck 6. McQuaid 7. Stuart I think Stuart should be ahead of McQuaid but he has just hasn't played all that well this season IMO....even when healthy.  I think Chara has been closer to the Norris winning Chara of two years ago than the Chara of last season.  Ference's play has been nothing short of solid all year...now enough with the injury bug!  Seidenberg started slowly but has been pretty good for quite some time now.  Kampfer has looked quite poised and can really skate (playing with Chara doesn't hurt either).  Boychuck has been a little disappointing in the goals department otherwise I'd have him higher....other than that I don't really have any complaints in his game this year.  McQuaid has been pretty much what I expected....a tough, young #6 or 7 D-man.
    Posted by jalvis

I'm not so concerned with Boychuck's lack of goals but I am concerned with his overall game this year.Some of us have speculated that he's playing through an injury.Whatever the reason may be,he just hasn't been playing at the level he's shown he's capable of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Great point Blue ! So now we're making excuses for our underperformers !
    Ference isn't good enough to be on this team. If he's injured, he shouldn't be playing. Give our young Dmen time to play in the big league...we may need them for the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Ference isn't good enough to be on this team.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

You're kidding, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman? : You're kidding, right?
    Posted by jalvis

He has got to be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wonder when Chowda is going to reveal the identity of the mystery poster by giving us a link to the thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I dont know why Mark Stuart is healthy scratch ...he scored a goal on his 1st game back ....only played one more game ...if we are going to keep him on the bench I think we should trade one of our D for a forward ...B's Ds are among the best in the league in values ...Bruins have the best goal against avrerage therefore its time to make a trade ..when your D's have the highest value ...I know a lot of teams would take Mark Stuart as their no.2 or 3 D ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Savvvy. Show Savvvy's posts

I dont know why Mark Stuart is healthy scratch ...he scored a goal on his 1st game back ....only played one more game ...if we are going to keep him on the bench I think we should trade one of our D for a forward ...B's Ds are among the best in the league in values ...Bruins have the best goal against avrerage therefore its time to make a trade ..when your D's have the highest value ...I know a lot of teams would take Mark Stuart as their no.2 or 3 D .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Exactly 1 goal the first game and an apple the 2nd. There are other Dmen that should before Stuey. What more could he have done during those two games to keep him playing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Chowd..
    I think the bruins have a #1, and then 2 or 3  (3rd/4th) d men..and really blur after that..

Ference, stuart, and seidenberg are all capable guys..  but there is not true number 2 on this team...

As far as the  "scratch" it could be simple enough as conditioning, or he could have come back early when there were injury issues, but not be 100% scratch him last night, give him a little extra time off leading into the all star break.. I wouldnt read to much into that..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Chowd.. I think the bruins have a #1, and then 2 or 3  (3rd/4th) d men..and really blur after that.. Ference, stuart, and seidenberg are all capable guys..  but there is not true number 2 on this team... As far as the  "scratch" it could be simple enough as conditioning, or he could have come back early when there were injury issues, but not be 100% scratch him last night, give him a little extra time off leading into the all star break.. I wouldnt read to much into that..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I think Stuart's 1st game back was a perfect example of why he's sat ever since.When he was unable to fight and McQuaid jumped in,CJ must've realized that there were still limitations to Stuart's game that were being caused by injury.No reason to have him playing with the brace on his arm when,as you stated,he can have the extra time to rest up before the all-star break.Why bother dressing him if he's not 100%?If and when he's healthy,I want to see him back in the lineup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Is Mark Stuart a #2 defenceman? : I think Stuart's 1st game back was a perfect example of why he's sat ever since.When he was unable to fight and McQuaid jumped in,CJ must've realized that there were still limitations to Stuart's game that were being caused by injury.No reason to have him playing with the brace on his arm when,as you stated,he can have the extra time to rest up before the all-star break.Why bother dressing him if he's not 100%?If and when he's healthy,I want to see him back in the lineup.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree, I don't think he is 100% right now. I can't remember who but either Brick or Jack said that they saw his hand and it looked "deformed". Sounds like Jack now that I think about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton might sit because he can't fight.  I don't think they'd scratch Stuart because he can't.

The idea of giving him the extra rest makes sense.

Oh, and when is Chowda going to post the link to the thread?

Sections
Shortcuts