With a Habs loss today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

With a Habs loss today...

And a win against the Leafs tomorrow, the Bruins clinch the division. They'd be just the second team to clinch, behind Vancouver.
    So the question is, should the B's follow Van's strategy for the rest of the season? Vigneault has said that he doesn't want his team to ease up, and unless there are legitimate injuries he won't be resting anyone. He wants them to continue to play hard and not let up and carry that into the playoffs.

Would that work for the Bruins as well?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: With a Habs loss today...

I think the same approach fits - keep up the work ethic and go into the playoffs with momentum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Canes should win it ...they cannot afford to lose this one or else ...they're out of the playoffs.....

B's have to win against the Leafs ....a MUST WIN ....we could get a 9th ot 10th 1st round pick St-Louis, Columbus and the Wild have to win .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

yes, in baseball terms, the magic number (in points) is 3, combo of B's points and missed points by the Habs.

they have a decent shot at #2, but most likely will be the #3. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

pedal to the metal....i don't like the idea of turning it off, then having to turn it back on to start a seven game series. too risky- keep it business as usual

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Comments from Claude seem to suggest they'll do a bit of both - work the press box guys into the lineup once or twice down the stretch, but generally work to keep the momentum and chemistry of three of the last four going.  Build to the playoffs, don't rest up and hope to flip a switch.

Maybe the black aces get a call up?  Hamill, Caron, Arniel, Sauve, Bartkowski and Cohen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: With a Habs loss today...:
    Comments from Claude seem to suggest they'll do a bit of both - work the press box guys into the lineup once or twice down the stretch, but generally work to keep the momentum and chemistry of three of the last four going.  Build to the playoffs, don't rest up and hope to flip a switch. Maybe the black aces get a call up?  Hamill, Caron, Arniel, Sauve, Bartkowski and Cohen?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Id really like to see a game with a line of Arneil-Campbell-Suave and a Chara-Cohen combo on D. Before the year is over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This ties into a complaint I had about last year.  Sturm gets hurt, then Krejčí.  They had to use one of the spare forwards, so who do they go with?  Whitfield.  Why?  Marchand hadn't done anything in the NHL last year, and all the other alternatives had basically no NHL time to judge if they would be useful.

Don't take it easy, but maybe rest one player a game to rotate in some of the spare parts, and some of the guys that will be Black Aces.  That way if injuries occur, you have the knowledge needed to make a decision other than the safe one of Whitfield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

with a habs loss today, tommorrow, the next day and the next....you see where i'm going with this, they won't even make the playoffs! you think their britches are in a pinch now! boy that would be great 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Push hard to beat Toronto on Thursday, then play the spare parts Sat vs Atlanta

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ooo...if the Habs lose out of the playoffs, it will be because "Patches" is the best player they've had since Rocket Richard.

Sections
Shortcuts