With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic

In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic:
    [QUOTE]I can never understand how some watch a game that seemingly the Bruins win easily 3-0 and don't realize how many mistakes they got away with. TT bailed them out in the 3rd big time. If Marty is on the game could have gone into OT at 0-0. Broduer was the main reason for 2 of the goals but I can't fault him for Ryders 5 on 3 tally. What my point is if they hypothetically would have been playing say the Flyers, everyone would have been wondering what is wrong. Instead they played the Devils who are just terrible and now it looks like things are sweet.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Quit arguing hypotheticals and stick to what's real-a team that's 9-5-1 after 15 games.If they were 5-9-1,I might look for reasons but since they aren't I'm content.In case you haven't noticed the bruins haven't been healthy in almost 2 years-there is some cause and effect there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic

In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic : Quit arguing hypotheticals and stick to what's real-a team that's 9-5-1 after 15 games.If they were 5-9-1,I might look for reasons but since they aren't I'm content.In case you haven't noticed the bruins haven't been healthy in almost 2 years-there is some cause and effect there.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

There was nothing hypothetical about my point. The B's got away with playing mediocre against the Devils. No using injury excuses either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic : There was nothing hypothetical about my point. The B's got away with playing mediocre against the Devils. No using injury excuses either.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Am I the only one that sees the word hypothetical in your post.Wow,I've got to lay down for a bit.I'm seeing things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I agree JWB why is it wrong to say they won, but they didnt win in a good way. They won based on Thomas(once again). But lets face it with the top2 Centerman, a Top2 Defenseman(for this team), and a top6 forward all out injured they are going to play alot of games like that. I guess Dez is just saying lets be happy for the win and worry about that stuff if they lose tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic : Am I the only one that sees the word hypothetical in your post.Wow,I've got to lay down for a bit.I'm seeing things.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

Let them be. It's not worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With a record of 8-5-1, the best D in the NHL, on a pace of a 102 points season Fans starting to panic : Dez, some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable. Let them be. It's not worth it.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Thanks-You're absolutely right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I used a hypothetical scenario to prove a point. There was nothing hypothetical about Marty flat out playing bad.

Tag team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I used a hypothetical scenario to prove a point. There was nothing hypothetical about Marty flat out playing bad. Tag team?
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Hypotheticals or not-just stick to saying 1 thing or the other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

To be clear about my comments...

This team played less than average (and sometimes very poor) hockey for 14 of it's previous 15 periods prior to the NJ win. And we can't really judge their play in NJ because that team is struggling so badly. Regardless of injury, coaching, cap space, or whatever other excuse, that is just plain unacceptable!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]To be clear about my comments... This team played less than average (and sometimes very poor) hockey for 14 of it's previous 15 periods prior to the NJ win. And we can't really judge their play in NJ because that team is struggling so badly. Regardless of injury, coaching, cap space, or whatever other excuse, that is just plain unacceptable!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    1 regulation loss every 3 games is unacceptable?For a team that hasn't won in 38 years some fans are expecting a lot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

totally agree with you..bruinfaninnewjersey ...very good hockey knowledge....after thinking about it your right excuses shouldnt be part of their problem..like we were tired because two games in two nights...if they want to be considered among the besr they have to deliver...that would be priceless

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree Broduer did not play well neither did Jersey but I just don't care how the Bruins get 2 points it doesn't have to be glamorous. Say when a catcher grabs a pitch outside the strike zone frames it back in then the ump calls it a strike then it ends the inning tough $h_t batter!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]i love when the sheep get excited!!!  38 years of failure going on 40
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware that you're a troll, but I'll take the platform, thanks.

A hockey season is 82 games long. Real hockey fans, like players, take the games one at a time, and enjoy each win (or try to learn from each loss) as it comes, and don't obsess about what lies in the past, or the future. The past is gone, and there's nothing to be done about it. The future has not yet arrived, and all the moaning, complaining and dire predictions you can make aren't going to make it arrive NOW.

It's November. I'm enjoying wins in November. I'm not wasting my time crying about something that may or may not happen in April or May. Keep doing that, and next thing you know, you've cried and moaned your life away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Do yourself a favour duinne, and add that loser to your ignore list.
    They only come here to be annoying. That type have no interest in rational discussion, and any response to them, is considered a victory in their pathetic lives.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bad Wins

Your goaltender is part of your team.  If the team wins 3-0 because the goaltender is lights out, guess what?  Team wins.  And it works the other way.  If your team plays incredible hockey at all positions but goaltender and you lose?  Team lost.  If your team pays $2.5M for goaltenders and $48M for forwards, that might happen a lot - you might lose a lot of 5-4 games where you outshoot the opposition 40-18.  On the other hand, not many critics of the Thomas contract these days.

You can break this down even further.  In the course of a game, on average, teams make, what, 10 significant mistakes?  Bad turnover, bad back-check, bad positioning, bad read, bad goaltending - that scale.  If all of those errors are made by the forwards, chances are it costs you what, one goal?, as long as your goaltender and defense do their jobs.  If they're all on the D - two or three goals?, if the goaltender does his job and the forwards backcheck.  If they're all on the goaltender?  Well, he's pulled before he gets that chance.  Rarely are all of these mistakes made by one group (unless Dennis Wideman is involved), so really what I'm looking at here is how you'd want your glaring errors distributed - assuming you're going to make mistakes.  Seems pretty obvious that you'd rather have your forward playing ugly than the goaltender.  It'll look terrible, but you've got a better chance to get the win.

Ideally, we're talking about reducing the number of mistakes across the lineup.  Ideally, communism works.  Realistically, on any given night, guys are going to have cr@p games and you hope the rest of the lineup has the talent to get the win even if it doesn't make you want to sing anthems and hang flags.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Had to bring this one back. Now how does this team fair against better teams? duinne & dez lets hear some input. Embarassed