With Rask and Bergy signed who's left at the end of next year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: With Rask and Bergy signed who's left at the end of next year.

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Bruins currently have $8M for next summer. Where is $10M coming from ?

No way is the cap going up $10M!

Stan Bowman disagrees with you:  With a full season next year, it could go to $75 million.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674821

[/QUOTE]

I think thats way too high.  Thats a big jump in one year.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stan Bowman disagrees with you:  With a full season next year, it could go to $75 million.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?  The cap number this year is a number negotiated it does not reflect the actual revenue.  The NHL had record per game attendance this year and record television ratings.  When that number was agreed upon there was a belief that there may be a fan backlash against the lockout.  That has not happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674821 [/QUOTE]

Thanks Orr, I was looking for some GMs making comments on this. And of course this totally undermines protecting the small and mid-market teams that were having problems reaching the cap floor at $68M.

Ryan Miller was right what a total waste of time last fall and winter. The low revenue teams get one year before the rich teams start driving salaries right back up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks Orr, I was looking for some GMs making comments on this. And of course this totally undermines protecting the small and mid-market teams that were having problems reaching the cap floor at $68M.

Ryan Miller was right what a total waste of time last fall and winter. The low revenue teams get one year before the rich teams start driving salaries right back up.

It wasn't just about that.  The owners wanted the split to be 50/50.  It is.  There will always be teams that make more and teams that make less.  If a team gets to the salary floor and can't do better, they have to do better so they can.  Draft smarter, hire smarter, trade better.  That's not the B's fault.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, if 7% of a $3B+ business is "nothing," I'd be happy to find a way to spend that cash.

Shupe - I don't think there's any doubt about that.  The surprise is that the PA seems to have no issue with that - or they didn't foresee how quickly that class system might arrive.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, if 7% of a $3B+ business is "nothing," I'd be happy to find a way to spend that cash.

Right into their silk-lined pockets and not back into talented players I suppose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?  The cap number this year is a number negotiated it does not reflect the actual revenue.  The NHL had record per game attendance this year and record television ratings.  When that number was agreed upon there was a belief that there may be a fan backlash against the lockout.  That has not happened.

[/QUOTE]

I dont, but since the cba reduced the cap as much as it did and bc there are teams in trouble and about 1/3 of the league is pulling the others along i just cant see that high of a jump.  Im not saying it couldnt.  I mean rask signed for 7 million so anything is possible.  :-)