With Rask and Bergy signed who's left at the end of next year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

With Rask and Bergy signed who's left at the end of next year.

Im too lazy to look this up while at work, so I thought I would let the know it alls tell me.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: With Rask and Bergy signed who's left at the end of next year.

seidenberg, bart, krug, iginla

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

seidenberg, bart, krug, iginla

Smith and Thornton too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

If I had to make one, my early guess would be that Bart and Krug have the best chance of being signed. If Morrow somehow makes the team, that might change. Seids will most likely be too expensive to keep. A million things can (and will) change between now and then. Being a GM in this day and age must be "fun" - ha ha. I guess PC can't lose much hair over these decisions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Depends on what you want- A really good shutdown defenseman or a top 6 forward ?

If Morrow makes the Bruins next year it won't be as a shutdown role that is for sure. Dennis's skill will need to be replaced. Trotman nor Cross are not it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ok, Thanks. I wont lose any sleep over this. Im concerned for Krecji, Lucic, Marchand in the future. The  B's need to keep these guys and possbly Eriksson will be on that list. Defense is what it is...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first off, krug and bart are getting extensions unless they are traded. They are both set to be RFAs, and they are assets. Whether or not they are  a part of the NHL plan, they are getting re-signed. 

As for Seidenberg, I envision him being back with the bruins, if his play is up to par this year.  The numbers suggest to me that the bruins will have 18 million in cap space (14 without savards LTIR room) to sign a backup goalie, a top six RW, a number 2 d man (possibly seids), krug, bart, a fourth line RW, and a third line RW. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins currently have $8M for next summer. Where is $10M coming from ?

No way is the cap going up $10M!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They currently have $7,370, 357 for next summer with 15 players signed. With Savard on LTIR that goes to $11,397,500. Lets sasy they toll 3 million of Iginla's bonuses, that drops them back down to $8,379,500.

Since the cap was brought in it has rasied usually between 6 and 8 per cent. Let's say we're lucky and revenues go up by 8 per cent at the high end. That woiuld lift the cap to $69,444,000 or an additional $5,144,000 leaving the Bruins with $13,523,500 for 8 roster spots (that number could swing a million or so in either direction based on the bonuses). Not the most cap space ever, but not impossible to manage either given most of the players that would be needed to fit in are either RFA's or role players - Seids and a top 6 RW would be the hardest to manage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins

So Seidenberg, Krug, Bartkowski and a top 6 RW at $8M to work with (not including cap growth, bonuses and Savard's LTIR) next summer. Lets go ahead and say $12M with either the cap going up and/or another year of using Savard's relief. Another tight squeeze and then more cap growth the following year.

It's the minutes that Seidenbergenheimer logs that concerns me the most. I just don't think you can plug Boychuk, Bartkowski or McQuaid in that spot.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

2014 defenseman free agents. Man my dream of Pitkanen would get here too late with too many knee injuries and not exactly a replacement for Seidenberg.

Hey how about Phanuef ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It would be nice to target a team looking to unload a fwd in the 4 million range next year similar to Loui.  

I think seidz will walk.  I see that alzner signed for 2.8 x 4.  What an absolute steal for a guy who goes against all the top guys.  

We need some of our dmen to advance quickly.  our crop of young fwds just stinks.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

no but it should go up by 6. + 4 for savards LTIR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to red75's comment:

They currently have $7,370, 357 for next summer with 15 players signed. With Savard on LTIR that goes to $11,397,500. Lets sasy they toll 3 million of Iginla's bonuses, that drops them back down to $8,379,500.

Since the cap was brought in it has rasied usually between 6 and 8 per cent. Let's say we're lucky and revenues go up by 8 per cent at the high end. That woiuld lift the cap to $69,444,000 or an additional $5,144,000 leaving the Bruins with $13,523,500 for 8 roster spots (that number could swing a million or so in either direction based on the bonuses). Not the most cap space ever, but not impossible to manage either given most of the players that would be needed to fit in are either RFA's or role players - Seids and a top 6 RW would be the hardest to manage.

As of right now the bruins are only 1.3 over the cap (they are safe for next year because of the LTIR). The max amount that can be tolled is whatever they exceedt he cap by, so as of now 1.3 is the max. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

We need some of our dmen to advance quickly.  our crop of young fwds just stinks

Based on their play in the AHL play ? OHL ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]We need some of our dmen to advance quickly.  our crop of young fwds just stinks

Based on their play in the AHL play ? OHL ?

[/QUOTE]

On their nhl play.  Haha.  We need some new crop of fwds to save us from the cap boogie man.   Someone like spooner has a legit chance this year.  We need a surprise like marchand 2011

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

We need some of our dmen to advance quickly.  our crop of young fwds just stinks

Based on their play in the AHL play ? OHL ?[/QUOTE]

Someone like spooner has a legit chance this year.  We need a surprise like marchand 2011 [/QUOTE]

I agree there is a golden opportunity for one of those 2nd round picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know about "stinks".  I think it's better than it has been since DK, Versteeg and Marchand were in Providence.  Spooner is a legimate prospect as a point/game rookie in the AHL and the leading scorer on the regular season's best team.  Fraser and Smith have credentials.  We'll see how Camara fits in, and this will really be the first year for Khokhlachev and Knight among others.

In terms of Cap, this year's Cap is basically based on the number they used last year. 

This cap is 1/2(X/57%) where X is the revenue from 11-12 adjusted ever so slightly.  Not sure what the adjustment would have been, but if $72.4 is 57%, then $63.5 is 50%.  So, again, we're basing the revenue projection on revenues from two years ago now.  Everything I've read about the money they made this year suggests Hand/Fist.  Revenues pushed a more than 6M increase in the Cap the first year after the last lockout, and with this year's artificial number, the Cap for the following season will account for two years of growth.  Even a slight stall in the rate of growth for the Cap should get the Cap to $70M as a percentage of revenues.  I'm guessing it's going to be more based on the contracts we've seen.  Their business analysts are seeing reports we don't get and signing off on bloated deals like Malkin's or Perry's.

Are you not entertained?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't know about "stinks".  I think it's better than it has been since DK, Versteeg and Marchand were in Providence.  Spooner is a legimate prospect as a point/game rookie in the AHL and the leading scorer on the regular season's best team.  Fraser and Smith have credentials.  We'll see how Camara fits in, and this will really be the first year for Khokhlachev and Knight among others.

In terms of Cap, this year's Cap is basically based on the number they used last year. 

This cap is 1/2(X/57%) where X is the revenue from 11-12 adjusted ever so slightly.  Not sure what the adjustment would have been, but if $72.4 is 57%, then $63.5 is 50%.  So, again, we're basing the revenue projection on revenues from two years ago now.  Everything I've read about the money they made this year suggests Hand/Fist.  Revenues pushed a more than 6M increase in the Cap the first year after the last lockout, and with this year's artificial number, the Cap for the following season will account for two years of growth.  Even a slight stall in the rate of growth for the Cap should get the Cap to $70M as a percentage of revenues.  I'm guessing it's going to be more based on the contracts we've seen.  Their business analysts are seeing reports we don't get and signing off on bloated deals like Malkin's or Perry's.

very very good point. I don't think it's absurd to think the cap goes up 10M net year I think 6-7M is a safer bet. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The cap going up doesn't necessarily make it easier to sign better guys.  As it rises, so do their salaries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

True, but their salaries go up in proportion to what they are now.  So you might need an extra $1M to sign a third liner and an extra $2 for a first liner, but you can probably still get your depth guys cheaply enough.  And signed guys become more and more reasonable as the % of the cap assigned to their deals goes down - Rask at under 10% of team salary within a year sounds better than Rask at 11%.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The cap going up doesn't necessarily make it easier to sign better guys.  As it rises, so do their salaries.

Bam.  My boy NAS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book,

this is their chance to shine and advance to the next level.   Im hopeful 1-2 have an incredible camps. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

True, but their salaries go up in proportion to what they are now.  So you might need an extra $1M to sign a third liner and an extra $2 for a first liner, but you can probably still get your depth guys cheaply enough.  And signed guys become more and more reasonable as the % of the cap assigned to their deals goes down - Rask at under 10% of team salary within a year sounds better than Rask at 11%.

I think we are slowly going to a class structure.  no middle class. Rich and poor in terms of nhl.  Clarkson and clowe who i like are grossly overpaid.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Stan Bowman disagrees with you:  With a full season next year, it could go to $75 million.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674821

Sections
Shortcuts