With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select... : And would it be a total shock if they won only 2 of those 11?  I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they won 8 of the 11. I can't even bring myself to think about the pick until the season ends. Very much to my surprise the Leafs have been winning. Didn't count on Reimer. Didn't expect Kessel to keep the work ethic up. Expected somebody to get hurt. They are fragile, and their tear could come to a dead stop at any time.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I thought this as well, but I'm coming to the conclusion they have a decent hockey team.  They showed flashes of it last year, but seem way more consistent this year.  They are beating some of the better teams, and are in every game.  I'm at the point now that I'm hoping for the big "deflation" if they finally get eliminated, and drop a few places in the standings.  It's up to the Blues, Panthers, and Islanders to stay close in case they fall. Running out of time for those teams to catch up though. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

I like Ryan Murphy over Hamilton.  Rationale is that Hamilton may be more of the sure bet, but Murphy has the higher upside offensively.  Defensively he may never be up to par but the B's have plenty of stay at home guys.  They need a dynamic offensive talent on the blueline which they haven't had since Bourque.  Murphy could develop into a Mike Green type of player and be ready in two seasons to take the reigns from Kaberle.  Now Murphy does have a higher bust potential but this is a luxury pick anyway so why not roll the dice?

The three top forwards in this draft will not be available to the B's unless TOR losses 4 out of 5 the rest of the way and it doesn't appear that is going to happen.  If available Murphy is my pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Toronto is like North Korea, you expect them to implode but they just keep trucking along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...:
    [QUOTE]I like Ryan Murphy over Hamilton.  Rationale is that Hamilton may be more of the sure bet, but Murphy has the higher upside offensively.  Defensively he may never be up to par but the B's have plenty of stay at home guys.  They need a dynamic offensive talent on the blueline which they haven't had since Bourque.  Murphy could develop into a Mike Green type of player and be ready in two seasons to take the reigns from Kaberle.  Now Murphy does have a higher bust potential but this is a luxury pick anyway so why not roll the dice? The three top forwards in this draft will not be available to the B's unless TOR losses 4 out of 5 the rest of the way and it doesn't appear that is going to happen.  If available Murphy is my pick.
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

I like what you are saying, but I disagree with this being a luxury pick.  After trading away our own first rounder, we simply moved up.  We need this pick to pan out, and we need a defenseman 5 years from now.  A shut down guy, like Chara, wouldn't bad.  Chara won't be around for ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]if the Leafs dont continue to tank and we get a shot at the lottery, Id love Dougie Hamilton.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

Stupid Leafs just don't want to give up,Bruins better beat them Saturday,Reimer really isn"t that good,he always drops to his hands and knees,and plays deep in his crease.Just have to shoot high glove side,and from an angle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Huge win for Florida.  Had NJ pulled out a win against Ottowa, there would've been a 3 way tie for the 6th overall pick.

17MAR @Florida
    19MAR Boston
    22MAR @Minnesota 
    24MAR @Colorado
    26MAR @Detroit
    29MAR Buffalo
    31MAR @Boston

2APR @Ottawa
    5APR Washington
    6APR @NJ
    9APR Montreal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Another thing, the Bruins have a huge impact on Toroto's pick.  They must win both games against the Leafs and lose thier games to the Devils(x2), Thrashers, and Islanders.  If they do that, we could possibly be looking at the #4 overall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

NJD and NYI both lost last night but the Islanders gained a point for losing in OT.  Tonight is a huge game for the B's.  It's a must win against Toronto if we want a great pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The leafs probably need to go 8-2 to have a shot at making the play-offs.  Boston can put their chances on life support by beating them tonight and by doing so can pretty much ensure themselves a top 10 pick.  The Bruins also need to start playing good consistent hockey with the play-offs just around the corner.  A team who has character knows they need to win tonight and gets the job done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah the Bs hae only them to blame because the Leafs beat us the last 2 games.  They could have 4 less points in the standings right now if the Bs would finish the job.  I hope we do not give away another 2 points tonight!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select... : I like what you are saying, but I disagree with this being a luxury pick.  After trading away our own first rounder, we simply moved up.  We need this pick to pan out, and we need a defenseman 5 years from now.  A shut down guy, like Chara, wouldn't bad.  Chara won't be around for ever.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

That's where youre wrong scoot, Chara will be around forever because Chia signs anyone and everyone to insane contracts.

Sections
Shortcuts