With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...

Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman from the St. John Sea Dogs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...

Sean Couturier drops on draft night.  Seguin to Couturier!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Count on it. Hockey insider.

In Response to With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman from the St. John Sea Dogs
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Dude, wake up and smell the coffee. This will be the Bruins pick. They will draft a defenseman. They had their eyes set on Ryan Murphy, however he will most likely be gone by then.

In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]Sean Couturier drops on draft night.  Seguin to Couturier!!!!
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Oleksiak, Jamieson SKINNY: Giant Oleksiak (6-7) + 6-8 Tyler Myers = scared opposing forwards

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Ain't happening for two reasons. First of all, Jamie is projected to be a middle first rounder. Why would Boston select this player without trading down and getting two compensitory picks? Secondly, NHL Central Scouting says 'Nathan will develop into a great puck moving defenseman who will anchor the powerplay for years to come.' Outside of A.Larsson, D. Hamilton and R. Murphy, Nathan is the best D-ma available in this years draft.

In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]Oleksiak, Jamieson SKINNY: Giant Oleksiak (6-7) + 6-8 Tyler Myers = scared opposing forwards
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Ryan Murphy or Dougie Hamilton.  One will drop

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

It will be a defenceman.  Ryan Murphy is the guy you want.  But Hamilton or Beaulieu are top prospects too.  Can't go wrong with either one of the three. 

Again, thanks Brian Burke!!

Kessel = Seguin, Spooner, Murphy/Beaulieu + CAP SPACE TO SIGN NATHAN HORTON

Beautiful. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Dream, dream, dream, dream.....

[QUOTE]Ryan Murphy or Dougie Hamilton.  One will drop
    Posted by bostonbruins69[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149e&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149ePost:e66d9763-734e-467a-9fd1-caf3386eb5c8">Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]Oleksiak, Jamieson SKINNY: Giant Oleksiak (6-7) + 6-8 Tyler Myers = scared opposing forwards
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Are we trading the pick to Buffalo?  If not, wouldn't it be:

Giant Oleksiak (6-7) + 6-9 Zdeno Chara = scared opposing forwards

Ain't happening for two reasons. First of all, Jamie is projected to be a middle first rounder. Why would Boston select this player without trading down and getting two compensitory picks? Secondly, NHL Central Scouting says 'Nathan will develop into a great puck moving defenseman who will anchor the powerplay for years to come.' Outside of A.Larsson, D. Hamilton and R. Murphy, Nathan is the best D-ma available in this years draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if the B's drafted Oleksiak.  The Rangers drafted Dylan McIlrath (10) last year over Cam Fowler (12) and Brandon Gormley (13), even though he was rated MUCH LOWER than Fowler or Gormley. These NHL GMs fall in love with guys and just grab them, even if the 'predraft rankings' suggest that they could trade down and still get their guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Its a long-shot that Murphy will be around at 9th spot. Hamilton will be drafted way before then. Beaulieu is the Bruins pick.

[QUOTE]It will be a defenceman.  Ryan Murphy is the guy you want.  But Hamilton or Beaulieu are top prospects too.  Can't go wrong with either one of the three.  Again, thanks Brian Burke!! Kessel = Seguin, Spooner, Murphy/Beaulieu + CAP SPACE TO SIGN NATHAN HORTON Beautiful. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Jamie Oleksiak ain't a puck moving defenseman. Yes he is a big body but he ain't no Tyler Meyers. Case closed!

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149e&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149ePost:e66d9763-734e-467a-9fd1-caf3386eb5c8 " /> Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... : Are we trading the pick to Buffalo?  If not, wouldn't it be: Giant Oleksiak (6-7) + 6-9 Zdeno Chara = scared opposing forwards  Ain't happening for two reasons. First of all, Jamie is projected to be a middle first rounder. Why would Boston select this player without trading down and getting two compensitory picks? Secondly, NHL Central Scouting says 'Nathan will develop into a great puck moving defenseman who will anchor the powerplay for years to come.' Outside of A.Larsson, D. Hamilton and R. Murphy, Nathan is the best D-ma available in this years draft. I wouldn't be surprised if the B's drafted Oleksiak.  The Rangers drafted Dylan McIlrath (10) last year over Cam Fowler (12) and Brandon Gormley (13), even though he was rated MUCH LOWER than Fowler or Gormley. These NHL GMs fall in love with guys and just grab them, even if the 'predraft rankings' suggest that they could trade down and still get their guy.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]Dream, dream, dream, dream..... In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... :
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

haha and how is this a dream?  Seeing as the player you think they will pick everyone has going 15th or later, I'm not sure where you get your information.  Take it to the bank, Hamilton or Murphy will be a Bruin later tonight.  I'd take Hamilton for his size and strength.  Murphy would be great but is very small and Beaulieu is a big kid but way to light.  Needs to beef up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'd like to see Beaulieau or a trade. Either way, the only thing you can count on for sure is that someone will drop a few spots unexpectedly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Ryan Murphy...the kid's a gamer and has great vision and puck moving abilities. He's a little on the small size but so is Seguin and Marchand...never stopped these guys from winning the the cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Oleksiak is waaaay too raw to take at #9. I've seen him play numerous times at Northeastern this past season and he didn't always stand out, other than his size. People are enamored with him because he is big and is fairly mobile for his size. I feel like his hockey sense has a way to go before he can be a top 4 D in the NHL. Too risky at #9 and I'd be shcoked if the B's picked him there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Ryan Murphy.

Philly will take Hamilton. Wouldn't mind any of the top picks mentioned and I'd even take Biggs. The Bs will get a very good player that could be great at #9.

Who the Bs get at #9 is anyone's guess, I just don't see them drafting a center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

[QUOTE]It will be a defenceman.  Ryan Murphy is the guy you want.  But Hamilton or Beaulieu are top prospects too.  Can't go wrong with either one of the three.  Again, thanks Brian Burke!! Kessel = Seguin, Spooner, Murphy/Beaulieu + CAP SPACE TO SIGN NATHAN HORTON Beautiful. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins drafted Knight with TO's 2nd rounder, not Spooner. But yeah, thanks Brian Burke!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I know he is not projected now to go at #9, but he was ranked up there at points this season, I would like to see the Bruins take Duncan Siemens.  Love the kids mean streak, 121 PIMS, 38 Assists, and was a +40.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I know he is not projected now to go at #9, but he was ranked up there at points this season, I would like to see the Bruins take Duncan Siemens.  Love the kids mean streak, 121 PIMS, 38 Assists, and was a +40.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

If both Hamilton and Murphy are gone I would like to see them go with a forward like Siemens or Strome, if he's still there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'm not buying into the Siemens hype. I think he has "bust" written all over him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Pretty much anybody but Brodin will make me happy at this point.  Which of course probably just means that Brodin will turn into the biggest star of them all.  Like others have said here I like the top 4 Dmen and realize that we are not in the Larson discussion at all.  I also think Hamilton will be gone before us.  If for some reason Murphy and Beaulieu are both gone it only means a Bruins type center will be falling.  If TSN has it correctly, Couturier, Strome, and Zibanajad are all strong two way centers.  This certainly seems like a good situation unfolding for the B's tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

f both Hamilton and Murphy are gone I would like to see them go with a forward like Siemens or Strome, if he's still there.

Duncan Siemens plays on defence, and patterns his game after Scott Stevens:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552386

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]f both Hamilton and Murphy are gone I would like to see them go with a forward like Siemens or Strome, if he's still there. Duncan Siemens plays on defence, and patterns his game after Scott Stevens: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552386
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

My bad. I was thinking of Scheifele (sp?).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not buying into the Siemens hype. I think he has "bust" written all over him.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel that Siemens has been hyped moreso then any of the other top 20 prospects?  What makes you think he will be a "bust"?  Obviously it's ALL speculation on how any of these kids will progress, but surely you must be seeing something that others aren't regarding Duncan, what is it?

Sections
Shortcuts