With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...

7. RYAN STROME

2011 NHL Draft
    2010-11 Team: Niagara IceDogs League: OHL
    Position: Centre Height: 6-0
    2010-11 Stats: 65 GP, 33 G, 106 PTS Weight: 183 lbs.
    Scouting Ranking
    NHL Central Scouting: 8 NAS, International Scouting Services: No. 9, The Hockey News: No. 6
    TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
    Enjoyed a CHL-best 79-point improvement in his second season, finishing third in the OHL with 106 points. OHL Player of the Month for January. Strengths - Quick, elusive skater with top-notch agility and playmaking skills. Crafty, adept at finding time and space, soft hands, quick release, skilled in tight quarters. Worked hard in offseason to improve fitness, clutch scorer. Solid anticipation and smarts at both ends of the rink. Weaknesses - Not a physically intimidating player who will punish opponents, still needs to add some strength. Can be a little lackadaisical at times. Work ethic could improve. NHL Upside - Top-line offensive center with point-per game potential.

8. RYAN MURPHY

2011 NHL Draft
    2010-11 Team: Kitchener Rangers League: OHL
    Position: Defence Height: 5-11
    2010-11 Stats: 63 GP, 26 G, 79 PTS Weight: 176 lbs.
    Scouting Ranking
    NHL Central Scouting: 9 NAS, International Scouting Services: No. 8, The Hockey News: No. 7
    TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
    One of the most offensively talented blueliners to enter the draft in the past decade, Murphy led all defencemen and set an all-time Canadian record with 13 points at the U-18 championship, capturing Top Defenceman honours. Strengths - has the rare ability to go end-to-end several times per game, an outstanding skater and puck carrier, superb agility, soft hands, hard, accurate slapshot. Slick passer in all three zones, crafty poke checker. Competitive, despite small stature eager to throw bodychecks. Weaknesses - neither tall nor muscular, must add some weight for NHL rigors. Sacrifices defence for offence at times, must be more patient with his offensive forays. NHL Upside - has drawn comparisons to Ryan Ellis, Paul Coffey and Phil Housley. Not exactly like an of them, but has the skating and puck skills to be an offensive in any league. Will quarterback a power play.

9. MIKA ZIBANEJAD

2011 NHL Draft
    2010-11 Team: Djurgarden League: SEL
    Position: Centre Height: 6-2
    2010-11 Stats: 26 GP, 5 G, 9 PTS Weight: 191 lbs.
    Scouting Ranking
    NHL Central Scouting: 2 ES, International Scouting Services: No. 7, The Hockey News: No. 11
    TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
    Played 26 games in the Swedish Elite League as a 17-year-old and didn't look out of place. Had eight points in six games at the U-18 championships. Strengths - Intelligent two-way center with a heavy shot. Above average sense and anticipation, uses his size and strength for both offensive and defensive purposes, not afraid to play physically and likes to initiate contact. Powerful skater and a non-stop motor, excellent on faceoffs. Weaknesses - Minor concern with his quickness, didn't show natural finish at times, fumbled several scoring opportunities during the U-18's. NHL Upside - Has been compared to Mike Fisher and Nicklas Backstrom. May not have Backstrom's offensive upside, but could develop into a formidable two-way second-line center.

10. JONAS BRODIN

2011 NHL Draft
    2010-11 Team: Farjestad League: SEL
    Position: Defence Height: 6-1
    2010-11 Stats: 42 GP, 0 G, 4 PTS Weight: 165 lbs.
    Scouting Ranking
    NHL Central Scouting: 3 ES, International Scouting Services: No. 20, The Hockey News: No. 22
    TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
    Impressed scouts playing a regular shift in the Swedish elite league and killing penalties. Didn't produce much offensively at the U-18's, but reconfirmed his top ten status with a smart, steady effort. Strengths - Natural skater with excellent mobility in all directions. Excellent gap control, reads the play well, good vision. Smart defender who rarely gets beat or caught out of position, poised puck mover. Weaknesses - Not overly physical, needs to add some muscle. Could play with more of a sense of urgency, has some offensive skills but often defers to others. NHL Upside - there have been quiet whispers about him being compared to a young Nicklas Lidstrom, but his offensive game would need to develop. Top-two defenceman potential.

11. NATHAN BEAULIEU

2011 NHL Draft
    2010-11 Team: Saint John Sea Dogs League: QMJHL
    Position: Defence Height: 6-2
    2010-11 Stats: 65 GP, 12 G, 45 PTS Weight: 185 lbs.
    Scouting Ranking
    NHL Central Scouting: 5 NAS, International Scouting Services: No. 14, The Hockey News: No. 18
    TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
    Duplicated his 45-point season from 2009-10, leading a veteran, star-studded Saint John blueline in scoring, and running the power play on the CHL's top team. Strengths - An elite puck carrying defenceman, soft hands, smart puck distributor. Creates lanes with strong lateral movement, intelligent shooter, transition is excellent, has some jam to his game. Works hard and displays strong character, intelligent. Weaknesses - needs to keep working on defensive end of game, not great going backwards or pivoting. Will have to add 15-20 pounds to compete with NHL forwards. NHL Upside - Third or fourth defenceman who can quarterback the power play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

The only one im not that impressed with of the likely Candidates there is Z-bad. Strome is intriguing I think he just has a name that sounds like it is cant Miss.

Im flip flopping i'd rather have Murphy but Beauliue is nothing to scoff at. Anyone I think the B's are all set

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149e&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:182f0ca7-7539-4dba-8053-eb7a99b2149ePost:dcc56232-211e-4f54-b5a9-c7d04ca030da">Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]The only one im not that impressed with of the likely Candidates there is Z-bad. Strome is intriguing I think he just has a name that sounds like it is cant Miss. Im flip flopping i'd rather have Murphy but Beauliue is nothing to scoff at. Anyone I think the B's are all set
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Great post with the five guys you highlighted.  I think that if they keep the #9 pick, there is an 80-85% chance that one of those guys will be a Bruin within five hours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

You just don't get it. It is highly unlikely that Ryan would still be available when the Bruins are ready to select.

In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]Ryan Murphy...the kid's a gamer and has great vision and puck moving abilities. He's a little on the small size but so is Seguin and Marchand...never stopped these guys from winning the the cup.
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Camper - You seem like you just aren't going to be happy until everyone on this board agrees that Beaulieu is the pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 1/16/2011
    Last: 6/24/2011

Ryan Murphy...the kid's a gamer and has great vision and puck moving abilities. He's a little on the small size but so is Seguin and Marchand...never stopped these guys from winning the the cup.

People keep saying Seguin is on the small size-- he is 6 1"--- and is filling out.   Now Marchand is small but he plays big.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I would trade down a few spots and grab 2 dmen in the 1rst round...the tall guy and Siemens would be amazing..

Cmon Chia..acquire more assets baby!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select...:
    [QUOTE]You just don't get it. It is highly unlikely that Ryan would still be available when the Bruins are ready to select. In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... :
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

You were saying Camper?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]Dream, dream, dream, dream..... In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... :

Man, I need to keep dreaming.  It seems like everyone of my recent dreams have come true.  Bruins winning stanley cup.  Dougie Hamilton falling to 9th for the B's to select.  So much for you being a hockey insider!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I just cant believe it ! !  WOW
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecb19. Show ecb19's posts

[QUOTE]Dream, dream, dream, dream..... In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... :

Reality Reality Reality!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Pete?

....:::listening to crickets:::....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Camper just doesn't get it.  You never know how the draft will go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]Camper just doesn't get it.  You never know how the draft will go.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Every year they expect Dmen to get picked higher but they end up falling.  Fowler was a prime example last year.  I think Hamilton will be even better.  Couldn't have gotten much better than him.  Setting the table for many Stanley cups to come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Its a long-shot that Murphy will be around at 9th spot. Hamilton will be drafted way before then. Beaulieu is the Bruins pick. In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... :

Is there a poster who is more consistently wrong in every "count on it" post as well as bragging about some non-existent "insider" info?

What a clown.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

CamperPete the "insider" = Eklund???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 9th pick In the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... : Is there a poster who is more consistently wrong in every "count on it" post as well as bragging about some non-existent "insider" info? What a clown.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I agree Soxfan. This guys posts might be bearable if he stated them as opinion rather than fact, all the while telling others that they "just don't get it". He wants so badly to be smarter than everyone else that he comes off as seeming very stupid. I shouldn't give him a hard time as he's obviously learning disabled.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

don't expect camper to respond either...turtled