Words can only do so much right now, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Words can only do so much right now, but...

...Just gotta say a HUGE thank you to you guys here who TAUGHT me how to believe....and of course to the Bruins....I was too young to really appreciate the great Orr teams...THESE GUYS I will never forget and will tell my daughter about over and over again (she already yells "Save By Thomas!", and she's not even 3 yet.)

To Dez and Fletcher and Asmaha and Bookboy and, heck. all you guys--thanks so much for "bearing" with me when I was sure they would fail again.....I just can't express well enough in words how beautiful and inspiring this run was....no idea how I'll ever get to sleep tonight....don't care.....so so SO incredibly overjoyed right now!!!!!

(btw, didn't I tella ya Game 7 was a lock?)

Go Bruins!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Words can only do so much right now, but...

TTBI, i was in that same boat....

what a run, what a team....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

WOW i woke my 6 year old up on a school night so he could watch this unbelievable   i can die happy now     wooooooooooooooooo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You had a point last season my man . I knew you weren't stupid.
    I became a believer as soon as the won game3 in Montreal.  That was something I though would not happen this season. 
    After that win it's was the final in my mind.  I HAD FAITH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Words can only do so much right now, but...:
    You had a point last season my man . I knew you weren't stupid. I became a believer as soon as the won game3 in Montreal.  That was something I though would not happen this season.  After that win it's was the final in my mind.  I HAD FAITH!
    Posted by BsLegion

You're a better man than I, B's Legion.....I needed to see them actually win that Mtl. series b4 I could really get on board---but once they did---I was a changed man....this team was destined....and boy did they ever deserve it--first Bruins team ever to come back from 0-2 (TWICE!), and first EVER NHL team to win THREE Game 7's.....how could you be any prouder as a fan???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

WOW i woke my 6 year old up on a school night so he could watch this unbelievable   i can die happy now     wooooooooooooooooo
    Posted by ortiztheman2003

Yes!!!
    Will there ever be a truer post than yours???
    I don't think so!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Went thru all the ups and downs for the last 50 years with this team. I was in college for the last cup in '72. I know sports is just a microcosm but I never thought I would see this day in my lifetime. I am still in shock and literally choked up. I may not have had confidence thru this season but never trashed any player, coach or administrative personnel figuring there was a method to their madness. 

For those posters who continually bashed -- 

Floppy Thomas
    Chara a human pylon
    Recchi too old and slow
    Looch should be benched
    Michael Glyder
    Gave up too much for Kelly and Peverley
    Kaberle a waste (This was as close as I came to jumping on the bandwagon)
    Fire CJ and challenging every move he made every game
    Boychuck sucks(Every Ranger and Devil fan I know here in Jersey loves this guy)
    Etc, Etc

You can all Burrows yourself.
    Over and Out
    Catch you all in 110 days for opening day of the 2011-2012 hockey season as I go into hibernation praying for another boreing baseball season to come to an end. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Words can only do so much right now, but...:
    ...Just gotta say a HUGE thank you to you guys here who TAUGHT me how to believe....and of course to the Bruins....I was too young to really appreciate the great Orr teams...THESE GUYS I will never forget and will tell my daughter about over and over again (she already yells "Save By Thomas!", and she's not even 3 yet.) To Dez and Fletcher and Asmaha and Bookboy and, heck. all you guys--thanks so much for "bearing" with me when I was sure they would fail again.....I just can't express well enough in words how beautiful and inspiring this run was....no idea how I'll ever get to sleep tonight....don't care.....so so SO incredibly overjoyed right now!!!!! (btw, didn't I tella ya Game 7 was a lock?) Go Bruins!!!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I'm glad you stuck around to see the way this movie was gonna end. It feels crazy that it has to finish. What an incredible run. The "what ifs" are over. GO BRUINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Ibut this one vaguely remember the Stanley Cup win in '72, but this one I will remember for the rest of my life.  What a night!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Went thru all the ups and downs for the last 50 years with this team. I was in college for the last cup in '72. I know sports is just a microcosm but I never thought I would see this day in my lifetime. I am still in shock and literally choked up. I may not have had confidence thru this season but never trashed any player, coach or administrative personnel figuring there was a method to their madness.  For those posters who continually bashed --  Floppy Thomas Chara a human pylon Recchi too old and slow Looch should be benched Michael Glyder Gave up too much for Kelly and Peverley Kaberle a waste (This was as close as I came to jumping on the bandwagon) Fire CJ and challenging every move he made every game Boychuck sucks(Every Ranger and Devil fan I know here in Jersey loves this guy) Etc, Etc You can all Burrows yourself. Over and Out Catch you all in 110 days for opening day of the 2011-2012 hockey season as I go into hibernation praying for another boreing baseball season to come to an end. 
    Posted by zamboni24

great f-n' post,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Words can only do so much right now, but...:
    ...Just gotta say a HUGE thank you to you guys here who TAUGHT me how to believe....and of course to the Bruins....I was too young to really appreciate the great Orr teams...THESE GUYS I will never forget and will tell my daughter about over and over again (she already yells "Save By Thomas!", and she's not even 3 yet.) To Dez and Fletcher and Asmaha and Bookboy and, heck. all you guys--thanks so much for "bearing" with me when I was sure they would fail again.....I just can't express well enough in words how beautiful and inspiring this run was....no idea how I'll ever get to sleep tonight....don't care.....so so SO incredibly overjoyed right now!!!!! (btw, didn't I tella ya Game 7 was a lock?) Go Bruins!!!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Your the man TTBI!  I almost can't believe myself that sticking with this team paid off so richly!  I talked the talk, but I never really saw this coming until it happened!  I'm speechless.

I know you are enjoying it every bit as much as me!  Cheers my friend!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It took you awhile TTBI but you stuck it out as frustrating as it was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I was only a few months old when the Bruins won it in 72. My wife wasn't even around yet.
     I've seen highs and I've seen lows with this team. I've even watched them through a drought that I didn't think would ever end (Jacob isn't using the Bruins to write off his taxes this year). Here's to hoping this is just the first in a new string of championships for the Bruins. 

Also, I agree with Zamponi24, and it must be said:

The Thomas haters in particular -

Not only did Thomas set a new record for lowest GAA during the year, he also brought home the cup and the Con Smith troughy. In other words, it's time for you to shut the hell up.
     Besides, where he's in his late 30's, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's on the trading block by the end of summer, sad to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

ANy of us that have followed this team for many years have shared your feelings at one time or another.......if they are honest. Great to see the wait for another cup is over.

The stakes will be even higher now.....I suspect the ups/downs will continue at an even higher level. ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

In 72 as a kid  I had to work in a grocery store the night of the win in NY and missed the game. I waited 39 years and let me say it was so worth it.

thank you B's and thank you B's fans

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

TTBI, I am beside myself!  I really have nothing to say.... lot of people in my town know I am a huge Bs fan.  It was nice have them communicate with me last night.  Best of all, it is a very nice feeling to be a Bs fan walking around town!  Cheers to you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

ANy of us that have followed this team for many years have shared your feelings at one time or another.......if they are honest. Great to see the wait for another cup is over. The stakes will be even higher now.....I suspect the ups/downs will continue at an even higher level. ;-)
    Posted by 4everbruins

That's true, but much like the Red Sox finally winning, this victory will stand me for a long LOOONG time. I remember when the Yankees won in 2009, my reaction was "meh.....that's too bad, but no big deal, really", and that's b/c of seeing the Sox win in '04 and again in '07.

Of course, I want the Bruins to win the Cup every year, but after truly believing for so long that I may not last long enuff on this Earth to see them raise the Cup--and then to actually SEE IT--well, let's just say it's all good...reeaaallll good ;-).

Sections
Shortcuts