World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/75137/la_id/1/season_id/177039/profile_id/178507/team_id/82853/ss_id/56000/

Hamilton (as expected) has been invited.
    Spooner (even with a slow start) has been invited.
    Jarod Knight (surprisingly) not invited.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested

You know Knight is American, right LRH?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested

In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested:
    [QUOTE]You know Knight is American, right LRH?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Fletch, I would've been shocked if he was invited to Canada's camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I was reading on Sportsnet.ca that Dougie is "a near lock" to make the team and the same article said he has a better shot than his Niagara teammate, Visentin, who was on the team last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested:
    [QUOTE]I was reading on Sportsnet.ca that Dougie is "a near lock" to make the team and the same article said he has a better shot than his Niagara teammate, Visentin, who was on the team last year.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Visentin hasn't been the same goalie this year compared to last year so far. He has been inconsistent. Last year he was the Ice Dogs best player on most nights. This year, he has let in soft goals that you didn't see from him before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's a really strong crop of D!  Holy!  Gormley, Beaulieu, Pysyk, Dumba, Oleksiak, Murphy, Murray, Ceci....  An embarrassment of riches there.  And yet, I can't see them letting Hamilton sit. 

Spooner's in tough.  Huberdeau, if he's healthy, is a mortal lock to be one of the two scoring line centres (idiotic numbers this year, just stupid).  He has a foot injury right now, but should be ready for December.  Scheifele, Strome, and Dougie's brother Freddie are Spooner's main competition to be the other scoring centre.  Spooner is smart enough to be a third or fourth centre, or even make the transition to wing, but the competition is deep there too, and with bigger players.

I think Spooner's about 4-1 to make it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]That's a really strong crop of D!  Holy!  Gormley, Beaulieu, Pysyk, Dumba, Oleksiak, Murphy, Murray, Ceci....  An embarrassment of riches there.  And yet, I can't see them letting Hamilton sit.  Spooner's in tough.  Huberdeau, if he's healthy, is a mortal lock to be one of the two scoring line centres (idiotic numbers this year, just stupid).  He has a foot injury right now, but should be ready for December.  Scheifele, Strome, and Dougie's brother Freddie are Spooner's main competition to be the other scoring centre.  Spooner is smart enough to be a third or fourth centre, or even make the transition to wing, but the competition is deep there too, and with bigger players. I think Spooner's about 4-1 to make it.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Freddie plays on the wing with Strome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hamilton would have to burn the Canadian flag on Parliament Hill to not make the team. He has been the best defenseman in junior hockey so far this year. He should not only make the team, but be their #1 guy. He could pair well with Gormley, who I believe is a lefty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565371

Knight was invited to the US camp and participated in the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. so a good possibility Knight looks across and sees Ryan for some draws during the World Jrs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested : Freddie plays on the wing with Strome.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

That's new, yes?  Thought he played C last year.  (Hasn't been a good year for seeing OHL games.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested : That's new, yes?  Thought he played C last year.  (Hasn't been a good year for seeing OHL games.)
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

It's not new and he played all of last year with Strome as a winger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

These clarification comments are great. although even us older guys know Knight is American. Wish we had some access to Juniors. Had season tickets to Providence and New Haven when working around Boston and New York, and saw some Richmond games a few years ago, but night time driving has become difficult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]You know Knight is American, right LRH?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

My bad......I actually didn't know he was American (I guess I should have).

So used to seeing him on the Knights, I simply took it for granted.

That answers that.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Speaking of Visentin, usually canadas back up goalie would be starting for most the other teams, not the case the couple years with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested:[QUOTE]These clarification comments are great. although even us older guys know Knight is American. Wish we had some access to Juniors.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I've watched quite a few online but being at "Q" and OHL games are so much more fun meh, great crowds...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It begins on December 26th ! Hopefully many games get streamed for my fellow Bruin fans from the U.S.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: World Juniors - Canadian Invite Roster (Bruin Prospects) if anyone's interested : It's not new and he played all of last year with Strome as a winger.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Wow.  Cocaine is a hell of drug.  I stand corrected.

Sections
Shortcuts