World Junior's- Let Seguin Go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: World Junior's- Let Seguin Go?

In Response to Re: World Junior's- Let Seguin Go?:
    [QUOTE]BsLegion :  It's not like I am dragging up your erroneous predicitions about Carey Price here or anything ? 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

WTV

For the record I said Habs did well keeping Price over Halak.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Ummmm......   That's not what you were saying in the pre-season threads...

Anyways, fans of the first placed team in the Northeast won't be pushed off these threads by fans of the second place team in the Northeast until they are good and ready to go or Seguin doesn't play in the WJC...

Whichever comes first...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

Oh Stanley, that really does hurt coming from you.  I always look forward to your insightful posts on Blake Wheeler and his super star future.

Honestly though,  all I'm saying is the Stanley Cup isn't won in December and I don't think playing in the WJC ever hurt any 18 year old's development.  The question is moot anyways as he isn't on the selection camp roster and obviously the B's let them know he was unavailable.  I still would have enjoyed watching him line up against Russia on Boxing Day.

[QUOTE]stanjonathan17....worst post ever .... Seguin is in Boston to stay ...and if he would get more ice time you would see a big difference ....I would put him on the 1st line to see what he can do .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I see an awful lot of tags within this post saying "Posts from RMiller87 are hidden".

Is Mommy letting him use the computer again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What they should do?  Ask him.  His choice.  No direct consequences because the team can see the value of him having that experience.  Indirect consequences - less chance he hits his bonus totals.  Time away from a team desperately searching for the Jello recipe.  If he comes back and finds the team in a groove, he may have to find his way back to a key role.

What they will do?  "Tyler Seguin is an important part of the Boston Bruins team.  This organization values the WJHC and knows how valuable that experience can be for young players aiming to make the NHL.  Tyler, in our estimation, is already an NHL player, and we believe it's in both his best interest and the best interests of the Bruins organization for him to remain with our club and play against the best players in the world."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Let Seguin play in WJHC!  The fourth line cannot handle his speed and skill.   Dunkin Donuts can use Thornton for their giveaways. Seriously, of what value does he have right now excluding shootouts. BTW RMILLER, Great White Buffalo. You must be proud of Montreal with the recent crime scene at Pat Burns funeral! Heh? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]You must be proud of Montreal with the recent crime scene at Pat Burns funeral! Heh? 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I know you're simply letting RMiller get to you, and aren't seriously generalizing about an entire city based on that crime.

Back to the topic, Seguin at the WJC's is low-risk, good possible reward. Seguin isn't an integral part of the Bruins right now...they won't flatline without him. Putting him into a high-stakes tourney under the lights of the national (in Canada) media may pay dividends in his development. I'd be surprised if they don't give him the green light....or at least consider it strongly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Montreal's a great city, but man, does it have it's idiot ratio ratcheted up to 11.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: World Junior's- Let Seguin Go? : I know you're simply letting RMiller get to you, and aren't seriously generalizing about an entire city based on that crime. Back to the topic, Seguin at the WJC's is low-risk, good possible reward. Seguin isn't an integral part of the Bruins right now...they won't flatline without him. Putting him into a high-stakes tourney under the lights of the national (in Canada) media may pay dividends in his development. I'd be surprised if they don't give him the green light....or at least consider it strongly.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Kennedy97, much respect for your opinion.  I have been to Montreal so many times and each time was great, well, except when I was younger, ha.  I have seen Pittsburgh (Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr) play in the old Forum in it's last year.  I have genuinely respect the people.  I have much respect for the city.   Lastly, crime in Boston is far greater than Montreal.  But, man you are like europe when it comes to theives, pick pockets. The Bastille Day burnings after playoffs are a bit overdone!  

I say exactly on the role of Seguin in the Worlds.  Let him go as an 18 year old with full recognition of his country. Cheers!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Nick Kypreos on Sportsnet tonight says Bruins may let Seguin go to take his cap hit off the books for 3 weeks, allowing them to bring back Sturm, and giving PC an additional month to find a suitable long-term cap fix.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It's not true, because it can't be.  The Bruins need to move more than $3M to fit Sturm in.  Without bonuses (which don't matter at this point) Seguin makes $0.9M.  Kypreos needs to work on his math.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't trust Kypreos if he told me the Bruins were going to let the sun come up tomorrow.  He's a total sheep dip.  It's a simple as this: Kypreos looked the Bruins needing cap space.  Kypreos heard that Seguin could play in the WJHC.  Kypreos put 2 and 2 together and got stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't trust Kypreos if he told me the Bruins were going to let the sun come up tomorrow.  He's a total sheep dip.  It's a simple as this: Kypreos looked the Bruins needing cap space.  Kypreos heard that Seguin could play in the WJHC.  Kypreos put 2 and 2 together and got stupid.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it, either, just reporting what I saw for those who weren't watching the Leafs game tonight. He also said that the Bruins have yet to discuss with with Seguin, which makes me wonder how he became privy to this knowledge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I dont get it!  Its not even a question when they shut the league down for two weeks so players can represent there countries in the olympics.  Futhermore, players take off at the end of the year to play in the World championships without a hard time from there respective clubs. Its not as if Seguin is lighting it up and would be sorely missed.  I think the league as a whole needs to look at this.  This experince for Tyler would be invaluable. He would be a leader on a club that is favoured to win a gold medal on the world stage.  This experince in my opinon far out ways the chance of him getting hurt and the 4 points he might get us in that time frame.  This would be a major confindence boost and would be instramental in the development of his skills under pressure.  I think the Bruins should let him go!  Let the kid shine!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!! Let him go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Has anyone stopped to wonder if Tyler would want to go to the WJHC? He got royally screwed by Hockey Canada last year when he was cut, and at the time he was leading the OHL and all of the CHL in scoring. I'm not sure if I'd want to go if I was him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Not sure why any of you even think that Seguin would make Team Canada this year...

Facts are that he was not even invited to the WJC camp, and the talent pool that Team Canada have to draw from this year is much deeper than the team last year that Seguin was cut from...

Hello !

Get a clue before you post...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

But I must also say that it`s beyond crazy that Team Canada has left Tyler Toffoli off this year`s squad...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone stopped to wonder if Tyler would want to go to the WJHC? He got royally screwed by Hockey Canada last year when he was cut, and at the time he was leading the OHL and all of the CHL in scoring. I'm not sure if I'd want to go if I was him.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I don't think Seguin was "royally screwed" by Team Canada as few draft eligible players make Team Canada in any year; the tournament is a 19 year old's playground for the most part so this would have been Seguin's time to shine. The situation is very much like Stamkos being left off the Olympic team, but I bet Stamkos holds no grudges against Team Canada or Stevie Y. The only reason Seguin wouldn't want to go is because he believes he should only play in the NHL or he wants to avoid the hit to his wallet, both of which I see as unlikely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

This got reported on Roger's Sport's Net, as gospel. Man, where do these guys get there "sources". Someone comes up with an idea, posts it on this site, and there you have it, a story. Makes one wonder about the 'media' eh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There's another guy named "Taylor Hall" who was not invited, ever hear of him?
    http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=89ug0cetnlnsg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ummmm......   That's not what you were saying in the pre-seasonthreads... Anyways, fans of the first placed team in the Northeast won't be pushed off these threads by fans of the second place team in the Northeast until they are good and ready to go or Seguin doesn't play in the WJC... Whichever comes first...
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Yes I cracked some jokes about the boos and how hard Montreal would be on the kid etc...  but ask Kennedy , I always said to him last season and this summer that Price was the right choice and I stand by it. Also thank Jacque's system for his success. A goalie that is a sound positionaly that gets shots from the perimeter will always be in front of the puck.
    See I found something I have in common with you,  cracking jokes !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

BsLegion :

Alright, the hatchet is buried on that issue.

Maybe, I can get a bit nutty when I perceive that someone is attacking my team's goaltender.

Price was the tournament MVP at one of the WJC tournaments not that long ago ?  I think that these kids (because that's really what they are at this stage) learn alot from this tournament.

It's a bit of a shame for Seguin and the Bruins that he wasn't invited to Team Canada's development camp this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

no way

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

LET THIS KID PLAY. HE CAN FINISH WITH THE BEST OF THEM