World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: World Juniors

Russia put on a clinic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Both Hamilton and Kocho were fun to watch tonight.  It's been said here a million times but I'll say it again.  The future looks bright. 
    Dougie with some key points and almost dangled in to tie it late in the third.  He has the body of a shut down guy but has some offensive instincts.  Kocho has a nose for the net and can thread a pass as well.  Plays the game with a ton of energy.  It will be fun watching these two develop over the next few years. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: World Juniors:
    Russia put on a clinic.
    Posted by bim09

They definately looked very impressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Both Hamilton and Kocho were fun to watch tonight.  It's been said here a million times but I'll say it again.  The future looks bright.  Dougie with some key points and almost dangled in to tie it late in the third.  He has the body of a shut down guy but has some offensive instincts.  Kocho has a nose for the net and can thread a pass as well.  Plays the game with a ton of energy.  It will be fun watching these two develop over the next few years. 
    Posted by scooter244

Last night was D. Hamilton's best game. Finally the coach gives him the ice-time needed to perform.  Some of these guys are not used to the limited icetime as with their Junior teams play over 20mins a game and this was the case with Dougie.  I found that he has the knack to put the puck in the danger areas, just like on Gallaghers goal and almost found the equlaizer goal 2-3 times.  Too bad !
    Dougie was really implicated last night and threw 2 big hits on none-the-less Koko !
    Speaking of Koko, while he did score 1goal , I think he was responsible for Russia's 1st goal.  After the Murray turnover Koko rushed up the ice, drove to the net and that's why Murray dove to intercept Koko and put it in his own net.
    Funny,  Harrington and Murray were supposed to be Canada's best duo instead last nite they were worst paring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Russia put on a clinic.
    Posted by bim09

Bim, a clinic ?  it was 6-5 and 3 of the Russian goals was from Murray's hat trick.
    I have to admit talent-wise the Russians are a better team but it's not only talent that wins Gold and the Canadian Grit and persaverance almost paid off. Luck didn't. While Russia was lucky with some of the bounces , the Canadians were very un-lucky. 
    BTW your boy Connolly might have been the best overall player for Canada at the WJC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

There were some great games in this tourney to go along with some clunkers.

The one thing that's getting out of hand though are the goal celebrations. They have become side show material with the Tiger Williams stick riding to the swan diving, sliding look at me celebrations.

What ever happened to putting your hands up in the air and celebrating with your teammates moments ? 

How would NHL teams like the Fyers and Bruins react if a player come flying by their bench after scoring a goal riding their sticks ? Can anyone say bedlam ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It was a hardly a Russian clinic. I would say depth-wise, Canada was a significantly better team. They just played a poor game. Murray had a nightmare night. The Canadians also hit the post 4-5 times.  I was very impressed with the trio of Evgeni Kuznetsov, Alexander Khokhlachev and Nail Yakupov. Their puck skills were sublime, with Kuznetsov in particular looking like he was a level above everyone else in the tournament. I was surprised throughout the tournament watching Dougie Hamilton.  He is a full-fledged offensive defenseman, not the "little bit of everything" I was expecting. He has definite high-end scoring/playmaking skills, no wonder he is puting up ridiculous numbers in junior. That kind of game may mean he takes longer to crack the Bruins line-up, but there is no doubt he will be a valuable player in time. It was also nice to see Koko playing well. He is very good, a solid prospect for sure. Looks like 2011 was a good year for the Bruins at the draft table, as well as on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It was a hardly a Russian clinic. I would say depth-wise, Canada was a significantly better team. They just played a poor game. Murray had a nightmare night. The Canadians also hit the post 4-5 times.  I was very impressed with the trio of Evgeni Kuznetsov, Alexander Khokhlachev and Nail Yakupov. Their puck skills were sublime, with Kuznetsov in particular looking like he was a level above everyone else in the tournament. I was surprised throughout the tournament watching Dougie Hamilton.  He is a full-fledged offensive defenseman, not the "little bit of everything" I was expecting. He has definite high-end scoring/playmaking skills, no wonder he is puting up ridiculous numbers in junior. That kind of game may mean he takes longer to crack the Bruins line-up, but there is no doubt he will be a valuable player in time. It was also nice to see Koko playing well. He is very good, a solid prospect for sure. Looks like 2011 was a good year for the Bruins at the draft table, as well as on the ice.
    Posted by OatesCam

Playing on the top ranked PP ( 26 % ) in the OHL will do this for you ( 26 out of his 45 points have been on the PP).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by OatesCam

I saw this line coming ( Kuznetsov,  Khokhlachev and Yakupov) and had mentioned it in an earlier post yesterday.  They were put together against the Czechs and were dangerous on every shift.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Watching him play, I have a feeling he's a big reason it's ranked high. He's a bit of a gambler, but a smooth skater and great skills. The way he drives to the net and gets engaged reminds me a bit of a young Paul Coffey.

In Response to Re: World Juniors : Playing on the top ranked PP ( 26 % ) in the OHL will do this for you ( 26 out of his 45 points have been on the PP).
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I was very impressed with the trio of Evgeni Kuznetsov, Alexander Khokhlachev and Nail Yakupov"

They were absolutely everywhere all night OatesCam. Had a Wideman flashback when Hamilton missed everything on an open wrist shot during the PP in the first DUCK! I thought the Canadian kids showed tremendous heart coming back like they did. The Russians looked to me like they could hit passes to each other blindfolded.

Sweden-Russian final is going to be a display of crisp passing and end to end rushes can't wait...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Dougie Hamilton looked real good!!!
    Lots of offence to his game, lots of potential
    Thanks Leafs

Sections
Shortcuts