Worried about Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Worried about Horton?

I am very worried about Nathan Horton.  I have heard nothing from him on how he is doing.  I saw recently that his agent said he is healthy & ready to start the season and that he has been in Florida.  With all the talk about Looch not being ready, at least we have heard from him, and he isn't coming off of a concussion.  Has Nathan been skating regurlary?  Is he in shape?  If Nathan is not Nathan, and Looch is "out of shape", how's that "1st line" gonna look?  I guess we shall see soon enough, but PC, CJ, and Cam must have a bit of anxiety wondering what they will have to work with on Sunday, I know that I do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Worried about Horton?

All the teams are in the same boat. At least half the Bruins have been playing else where. Im not expecting much out of the non skaters in the first couple weeks anyway. Others will have to pick it up.

Crazy how the first couple weeks of any new season, players look slow and play looks sloppy. It will be that way for all the teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The B's had 13 players in Europe...More than any other team. I think they'll be fine & I also think Horton is fine. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Horton has Bruins doctors clearance then I believe he is fine. The "IF" for me is can Horton make through the season without a headshot ? that will send him off the ice again. Bergeron almost made it a whole year during the 09-10 season before running into Seidenberg but came back. Shortened season and having the rest Horton had should help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

An article written in November by NESN about his progress.  His agent says he is ready to go and has been for some time.  Guess it all comes down to conditioning after not playing for so long.

http://nesn.com/2012/11/report-nathan-horton-ready-to-go-for-bruins-whenever-nhl-season-resumes/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this lockout was a blessing in disguise for horton. this extra rest can only improve his chances of returning to "normal". i wish the best for him, he will always be considered a big bad bruin, regardless of what lays ahead for him. a few more game winners in this years playoffs would elevate him to legendary status. let's hope that happens!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

An article written in November by NESN about his progress.  His agent says he is ready to go and has been for some time.  Guess it all comes down to conditioning after not playing for so long.

http://nesn.com/2012/11/report-nathan-horton-ready-to-go-for-bruins-whenever-nhl-season-resumes/

[/QUOTE]

My problem is that I haven't seen anyone actually talk to Horton.  Everything has been said through his agent.  That makes me nervous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Horton has Bruins doctors clearance then I believe he is fine. The "IF" for me is can Horton make through the season without a headshot ? that will send him off the ice again. Bergeron almost made it a whole year during the 09-10 season before running into Seidenberg but came back. Shortened season and having the rest Horton had should help.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you SanDog, the difference as I see it though, Nathan is/was a power forward with snarl to his game to be effective.  Not that Bergeron is soft, but he is not as physical in his style as Nathan was.  Can Horton play "tough" still, or will he have to adjust his game? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Huge goals! Two game 7 winners, only player in history to accomplish that.

He will be back! Another tough Canadian kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huge goals! Two game 7 winners, only player in history to accomplish that.

He will be back! Another tough Canadian kid.

[/QUOTE]

I thought he was back last year when a not-so-big hit took him out for the season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you SanDog, the difference as I see it though, Nathan is/was a power forward with snarl to his game to be effective.  Not that Bergeron is soft, but he is not as physical in his style as Nathan was.  Can Horton play "tough" still, or will he have to adjust his game? 

[/QUOTE]

You mean to say that Bergeron doesn't throw hits and can't swing with the big boys? I wouldn't say he's not physical either. He may not have a big reputation for them but I'd say he does. Also, you can ask Jorges, he may say otherwise as well lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Here you go Mean and I agree Horton is going to have absorb some hits. You can bet rival teams in the East will be taking advantage and basically targeting Nathan.

@Lambada - My point on Bergeron goes along with Savard. I believe if Savard didn't get hit by Englaand and Hunwick like he did there is a good chance he might still be playing.

Sure Bergeron plays physical but he absorbs hits better that a smaller guy like Savard. Bergeron also went almost a year before his collision with Seidenberg (when he was at Carolina). Savard got mashed twice in pretty close proximity, also there is genetics along with Bergeron was younger.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It does make you wonder about Horton when he hasn't skated in any of the informal practises. You'd think he would've been on the ice all along if he was healthy as they claim. You'd think he'd be with his teammates asap when they started to get together. Maybe it's nothing, but it does seem odd that a guy who's been out since Jan isn't chomping at the bit to get to playing again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/bruins-horton-im-not-even-worried-about-my-head/

Bruins Horton: "I am not even worried about my head"

Today, Horton confirmed the diagnosis.

[I] had a lot of time to work out and get back to normal," he explained. "All summer I had no issues.

"I'm just excited to get going. Its nice to be around the guys."

As far as I'm concerned veterans can come to camp when they want too...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I saw that SanDog, seems promising.  I sure hope he can get back to normal.  If he does, watch out, the B's will be a formidable force!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Horton has said that he's fine and ready to go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Glad to hear it! Hopefully he can still play his game. 

Sections
Shortcuts