1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

Which team is better?

Offense?  Bruins
    Defense?  Bruins
    Goaltending?  Bruins
    Special Teams?  Bruins
    Coaching?  Bruins

But NAS, the Caps won the season series!  WHO CARES?  They only played four games and one ended in a shootout.  So, really, that game is still going on in the playoffs. 

In those four games, Vokoun played three and Neuvrith played one.  Guess what?  Neither of them are in the playoffs!  Their green horn third string goalie will be in...and somehow people are afraid of HIM!  Oh, no!  A crappy AHL goalie!  If Thomas and Rask were out, do you think any opponent's fans would be comparing Khudobin to Penney or Dryden?  Of course not.  STOP IT! 

People are "scared" of Ovechkin.  Someone wrote about his down season and how he'll tear it up in the playoffs because he's embarrassed.  38 goals is no embarrassment, and the year before he had "only" 32.  How has Mr. Scary done against the B's lately?  Over the last two years, he's played seven against the Black and Gold.  ONE GOAL.  Boo!  Very, very scary!

The Bruins are better at all aspects of the game.

Be proud, B's fans.  The Caps are going to get smoked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

Which team is better?

Offense?  Bruins
    Defense?  Bruins
    Goaltending?  Bruins
    Special Teams?  Bruins
    Coaching?  Bruins

...Unfortunately all this analysis disappears as soon as they drop the puck on Thursday night. So B's don't sleep on it... just proove it !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Not worried. Not scared. Not a non-believer.  Just going to sit back and enjoy.  I hope they win but if they don't it won't ruin my life. 

Anyhow, I still have my Stanley Cup DVD from last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]Which team is better? Offense?  Bruins Defense?  Bruins Goaltending?  Bruins Special Teams?  Bruins Coaching?  Bruins But NAS, the Caps won the season series!  WHO CARES?  They only played four games and one ended in a shootout.  So, really, that game is still going on in the playoffs.  In those four games, Vokoun played three and Neuvrith played one.  Guess what?  Neither of them are in the playoffs!  Their green horn third string goalie will be in...and somehow people are afraid of HIM!  Oh, no!  A crappy AHL goalie!  If Thomas and Rask were out, do you think any opponent's fans would be comparing Khudobin to Penney or Dryden?  Of course not.  STOP IT!  People are "scared" of Ovechkin.  Someone wrote about his down season and how he'll tear it up in the playoffs because he's embarrassed.  38 goals is no embarrassment, and the year before he had "only" 32.  How has Mr. Scary done against the B's lately?  Over the last two years, he's played seven against the Black and Gold.  ONE GOAL.  Boo!  Very, very scary! The Bruins are better at all aspects of the game. Be proud, B's fans.  The Caps are going to get smoked.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

One thing your forgetting NAS, If Ovechkin played for the Bruins he would have finished second on the team in scoring...To Tyler Seguin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : One thing your forgetting NAS, If Ovechkin played for the Bruins he would have finished second on the team in scoring...To Tyler Seguin.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

It's unknown where he might have finished.  Every single thing about the team and the season would be different. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Caps are probably the second least intimidating team in the NHL, second only the Laffs. 

Not worried at all. Even if they do get a lead on the Bruins Dirty Dale will go into hardcore prevent d-mode and blow it for them.

Bad defense, unproven third string goaltender, inconsitant offense vs. the experienced, defensively and fundementaly sound reigning champs.

5 games I'm guessing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'll laugh when Hunter puts them into prevent mode with a 1-0 lead 5 minutes into the second period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]. Bad defense, unproven third string goaltender, inconsitant offense vs. the experienced, defensively and fundementaly sound reigning champs.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Yes sir!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm with you NAS.If it goes more than 5 I'll be shocked. And I don't play for the Bruins, so me being overconfident means nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I voted 6 games. B's have a habit of starting slow so I think they may lose a game they shouldn't early on. Otherwise maybe 5 games.
    Nice thread NAS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

It wouldn't surprise me if the series goes to nine games, maybe 11. My prediction is that a goal by Tim Thomas will win the series in overtime of the 11th game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]I voted 6 games. B's have a habit of starting slow so I think they may lose a game they shouldn't early on. Otherwise maybe 5 games. Nice thread NAS.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Agree on all points. I too like the thread as well.
    It won't surprise me if the Caps take it to six games but I'd be very surprised if the Bruins don't win this series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Meh.  Here's what I know.  If the Bruins go out and sleepwalk through a game or two on home ice, then there will be all sorts of empty space on the bandwagon and a significant discount on pink hats.  And my heart rate isn't going to go up.  With this team, it's not about the qualities of the opponent or how quickly they can dominate an opponent or send them packing - though they can certainly do that - more than it's a quiet confidence that no matter what happens game to game, over 7?  Lights out, suckers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins can grind out 1-0, 2-1 games or can post 7 goals in 15 minutes either way as you add more to the list Boston can hang. I don't think it is being cocky, viewing the matchup objectively or the opposite of EJ Hradek who will pick Boston to lose in every round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like this thread.  You can never take an oppenent lightly in the playoffs, but I like the distinction that jalvis and the OP have made: the fans can.

The players need to respect their opponent and raise their game and all that.  But we fans?  We can see that this is a great matchup for the Bruins, compared to round one last year.  They should throttle them.

An AHL goalie behind one of the worst and least physical defenses in the league?  We should be salivating.

And I won't apologize for this if somehow the Bruins find a way to lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Many of the media pundits are predicting an early departure for the Bruins. I love it. That's the way to motivate these guys. Bruins in five, but I would not be suprised with four.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

....And the Caps have Wideman on the D....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Look, the goaltending situation certainly seems to favor the Bruins, and in the playoffs that's huge....there's always the chance that this AHL kid is the 2nd coming of Ken Dryden, of course, and if he gets in the Bruins' heads early, stealing one or (gasp) 2 games heading back to Washington, that would blow big time.

My greater concern about this series is twofold:
    1) I simply liked the match-up with Ottawa better. The B's really seemed in control of that team in the regular season, and while it's true that means little once the post season begins, I do think the Sens are a less dangerous team.
    2) There is explosive offensive talent on the Caps--#8 is obvious, but if Semin gets hot and Knuble pounds away at the front of the net, the B's could be in trouble trying to play catch-up in one or 2 goal games. Even Wideman is a threat on offense, altho' it's true his defensive liabilities kind of even that out.

I'm not saying the Bruins are destined to lose this round, but I'm not as pollyanna at all about this match up as NAS, and maybe some others. If Wash. wins in 6, including one or 2 OT heartbreaker losses, I would not be the least bit surprised.

As always, though--Go Bruins!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm not getting that vibe from the board at all. People are talking all angles simply because there's so much time before the puck drops. In the end, this is what folks think will happen:

Bisson1

BOS in 6

rochesternybruinfan

BOS in 7

Kurako

BOS in 4

shaunk

BOS in 7

islamorada

BOS in 6

esmaha

BOS in 6

SanDogBrewin

BOS in 6

Ronstar8

BOS in 6

scooter244

BOS in 6

Crowls2424

BOS in 6

jmwalters

BOS in 5

StanleycuptotheBruinsin2011

BOS in 6

Eric66

BOS in 6

49-North

BOS in 6

50belowzero

BOS in 7

lucicfan

BOS in 6

mattman1447

BOS in 5

BsLegion

BOS in 5

asmaha

BOS in 6

jalvis

BOS in 6

BadHabitude

BOS in 4

bim09

BOS in 6

BSXIII

BOS in 6

lucdufour

BOS in 5

boborielly224

BOS in 6

orr4neely8

BOS in 7

Pellzy

BOS in 5

ErnestoGiove

BOS in 6

derrickmorin

BOS in 5

HalifaxBruins

BOS in 7

KCMDux88

BOS in 7

hangnail

BOS in 6

Bleedinblackandgold

BOS in 5

BigD7

BOS in 5

moogfan35

BOS in 6

inflamedcolon

BOS in 5

Olsonic

BOS in 6

LoyalBlackNGold

BOS in 6

DrCC

BOS in 6

adkbeesfan

BOS in 6

jpBsSoxFan

BOS in 6

goodnewsbears

BOS in 5

kelvana33

BOS in 5

lambda13

BOS in 6

lereve77

BOS in 5

MeanE

BOS in 5

dezaruchi

BOS in 5

Bruinfaninnewjersey

BOS in 6

Bruinsforever

BOS in 6

dc-bruins-fan

BOS in 6

RickyHussle

BOS in 6

KMCI

BOS in 4

kevio19

BOS in 6

red75

BOS in 5

east-westBsfan

BOS in 5

jwb413

BOS in 5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Capitals in 6, sorry fellow fans. The fluke of 2011 will show in round 1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let's not forget that the Bruins stunk out the TD Garden in the first two playoff games, last year.

If the Bruins keep their heads on their shoulders and their focus - the series ends early. Bruins in 5.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not getting that vibe from the board at all. People are talking all angles simply because there's so much time before the puck drops. In the end, this is what folks think will happen: Bisson1 BOS in 6 rochesternybruinfan BOS in 7 Kurako BOS in 4 shaunk BOS in 7 islamorada BOS in 6 esmaha BOS in 6 SanDogBrewin BOS in 6 Ronstar8 BOS in 6 scooter244 BOS in 6 Crowls2424 BOS in 6 jmwalters BOS in 5 StanleycuptotheBruinsin2011 BOS in 6 Eric66 BOS in 6 49-North BOS in 6 50belowzero BOS in 7 lucicfan BOS in 6 mattman1447 BOS in 5 BsLegion BOS in 5 asmaha BOS in 6 jalvis BOS in 6 BadHabitude BOS in 4 bim09 BOS in 6 BSXIII BOS in 6 lucdufour BOS in 5 boborielly224 BOS in 6 orr4neely8 BOS in 7 Pellzy BOS in 5 ErnestoGiove BOS in 6 derrickmorin BOS in 5 HalifaxBruins BOS in 7 KCMDux88 BOS in 7 hangnail BOS in 6 Bleedinblackandgold BOS in 5 BigD7 BOS in 5 moogfan35 BOS in 6 inflamedcolon BOS in 5 Olsonic BOS in 6 LoyalBlackNGold BOS in 6 DrCC BOS in 6 adkbeesfan BOS in 6 jpBsSoxFan BOS in 6 goodnewsbears BOS in 5 kelvana33 BOS in 5 lambda13 BOS in 6 lereve77 BOS in 5 MeanE BOS in 5 dezaruchi BOS in 5 Bruinfaninnewjersey BOS in 6 Bruinsforever BOS in 6 dc-bruins-fan BOS in 6 RickyHussle BOS in 6 KMCI BOS in 4 kevio19 BOS in 6 red75 BOS in 5 east-westBsfan BOS in 5 jwb413 BOS in 5
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

How come there's only a couple of people who have predicted a Bruins sweep?

I say hats off to those folks and they should be praised as the heroes they are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i dont care if Holtby plays out of his mind and pulls a Ken Dryden. Our goalie and team are simply better. Tim Thomas on a bad day is better than anything they have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Many of the media pundits are predicting an early departure for the Bruins. I love it. That's the way to motivate these guys. Bruins in five, but I would not be suprised with four.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

A few of them are being rational - this quote is from Noah Love over at the National Post

Can anyone stop Boston when it counts?
    The Bruins will have to play without Nathan Horton for at least the start and potentially all of the post-season, but that certainly did not stop them from trampling the Vancouver Canucks in last year’s final. Nor did it slow them in the last three weeks of the season, when they went 9-2-1 to clinch their third Northeast Division title in four years. Does Horton’s absence hurt? Sure. Is Tim Thomas tired? Maybe. Are the Bruins likely to go out before the conference final? No. Pittsburgh might be the East favourite heading into the playoffs, but the champions are the champions, and just about anyone will have a tough time knocking them off.

Sections
Shortcuts