Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

For me, I have very strong feelings on how this all shakes down based on two moments:

Game 1 Thursday night
    Round 2 Opponent

Once we know those, I think the rest is a lot easier to predict. For instance, if they win Game 1 without much doubt to it, I think this series can be a sweep or 5 games max. If they lose Game 1, which isn't out of the question for *any* NHL playoff team, they still win it in 6. I undersdtand this isn't a profound observation, but it fits the Bruins' mentality on such matters.

I won't get into anything beyond this round, but I think Round 2 matchups are the key to ALL teams and their chances of getting to the SCF. Round 2 is where teams make hay, as it were.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    Look, the goaltending situation certainly seems to favor the Bruins, and in the playoffs that's huge....there's always the chance that this AHL kid is the 2nd coming of Ken Dryden, of course, and if he gets in the Bruins' heads early, stealing one or (gasp) 2 games heading back to Washington, that would blow big time. My greater concern about this series is twofold: 1) I simply liked the match-up with Ottawa better. The B's really seemed in control of that team in the regular season, and while it's true that means little once the post season begins, I do think the Sens are a less dangerous team. 2) There is explosive offensive talent on the Caps--#8 is obvious, but if Semin gets hot and Knuble pounds away at the front of the net, the B's could be in trouble trying to play catch-up in one or 2 goal games. Even Wideman is a threat on offense, altho' it's true his defensive liabilities kind of even that out. I'm not saying the Bruins are destined to lose this round, but I'm not as pollyanna at all about this match up as NAS, and maybe some others. If Wash. wins in 6, including one or 2 OT heartbreaker losses, I would not be the least bit surprised. As always, though--Go Bruins!!!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Knuble?  He of three goals since December 5th?

So, you're concerned with this matchup because you feel another team would be an easier victory (that makes no sense!) and because the Caps have one great offensive player, two above averages ones (I'll add in Backstrom for you) and MIKE KNUBLE.

The Caps fans are worried because they'd have rather seen Florida in the first round and because the B's have:  Krejci, Lucic, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Peverley, Chara, Rolston (really!  Look at his stats!) and TIM THOMAS.

You worrying about Knuble is like Caps fans worrying about Paille.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : A few of them are being rational - this quote is from Noah Love over at the National Post Can anyone stop Boston when it counts? The Bruins will have to play without Nathan Horton for at least the start and potentially all of the post-season, but that certainly did not stop them from trampling the Vancouver Canucks in last year’s final. Nor did it slow them in the last three weeks of the season, when they went 9-2-1 to clinch their third Northeast Division title in four years. Does Horton’s absence hurt? Sure. Is Tim Thomas tired? Maybe. Are the Bruins likely to go out before the conference final? No. Pittsburgh might be the East favourite heading into the playoffs, but the champions are the champions, and just about anyone will have a tough time knocking them off.
    Posted by red75

Love that word in reference to what the Bruins do to the opposition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm more worried about Bruins getting hurt... it's the Dale Hunter school of hockey in Washington!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

For fun, here are Sportsnet's list of top 10 first round upsets:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/11/nhl_playoffs_top10_first_round_upsets/

May be a little too contemporary driven but it is always nice to go down memory lane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I didn't want open this thread because the title really didn't pertain to me. I'm the exact opposite of your title  concerning Bruins 1st test in the playoffs.
    Then I saw that there was 20+ posts and got me curious,  could it be so many non-believers ?  So I opened it.
    Although your title contradicts your survey.  If the title was meant for the naysayers why have such a pro Bruin survey ? 

or is it after reading your text the naysayers become believers and therefore your survey is not a contradiction ?

For the record I took Bruins in 5.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Didnt the Caps come out and say that they were going to attack Chara?  Seriously that is terrible game planning.  That's the equivalent of playing the Red Sox and saying , "we are going to intentionally walk Cody Ross.  We'll take our chances with AGON."

Not worried at all.  Have Chara shadow Ovie.  Hit Backstrom.  Attack Green.  Put the puck on net (make the rookie goaltender make saves). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Didnt the Caps come out and say that they were going to attack Chara?  Seriously that is terrible game planning.  That's the equivalent of playing the Red Sox and saying , "we are going to intentionally walk Cody Ross.  We'll take our chances with AGON." Not worried at all.  Have Chara shadow Ovie.  Hit Backstrom.  Attack Green.  Put the puck on net (make the rookie goaltender make saves). 
    Posted by Drewski5

...and cause havoc in the crease area to obscure his vision of the puck as much as possible. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One down.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And one up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : And one up.
    Posted by BadHabitude

And one in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, that was easy. 

I can see why all the overconfidence was here now.

And the comment about the B's special teams being better?
    I was wondering if anyone had actually seen a B's power play before.  Just about let them down tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Thanks for everyones upbeat attitude. I have to admit -- after the B's fanned on 2 wide open yawning nets -- I got a bit worried. It wouldn't be the first time they lost after total domination. One lucky shot or bad bounce is all it takes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah, that was easy.  I can see why all the overconfidence was here now. And the comment about the B's special teams being better? I was wondering if anyone had actually seen a B's power play before.  Just about let them down tonight.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Is this going to be another year of playoffs with people worrying about the Bruins almost losing because of the PP?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : Is this going to be another year of playoffs with people worrying about the Bruins almost losing because of the PP?
    Posted by dezaruchi

They won the game, but that's not enough...again.  It wasn't a 9-0 blowout, so let's pick it apart.

They never have to play Game One against the Caps again in the 2012 Playoffs.  No need to do anything but rejoice over the victory!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : They won the game, but that's not enough...again.  It wasn't a 9-0 blowout, so let's pick it apart. They never have to play Game One against the Caps again in the 2012 Playoffs.  No need to do anything but rejoice over the victory!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : Is this going to be another year of playoffs with people worrying about the Bruins almost losing because of the PP?
    Posted by dezaruchi

If they win the Cup again! I'll worry every PP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Bruins were lucky to escape with the W. Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I doubt it. They have played like last night in looooong stretches during the season. Many shots but not many scoring chances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hmm...

5 periods in.

Total amount of time Bruins held lead=  0 minutes, 0 seconds.

Total regulation time goals= 0

Power play= joke.

Complaining about the power play is most certainly relevant, especially if this 1-0 holds up. Not winning 9-0 last game has nothing to do with anything, but I suppose if overreaction and hyperbole "supports" the argument, why not?

Again, I can see why overconfidence is warranted at this point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hmm... 5 periods in. Total amount of time Bruins held lead=  0 minutes, 0 seconds. Total regulation time goals= 0 Power play= joke. Complaining about the power play is most certainly relevant, especially if this 1-0 holds up. Not winning 9-0 last game has nothing to do with anything, but I suppose if overreaction and hyperbole "supports" the argument, why not? Again, I can see why overconfidence is warranted at this point.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Why do you have such a problem with other poster's unwillingness to join you in worrying?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]Which team is better? Offense?  Bruins Defense?  Bruins Goaltending?  Bruins Special Teams?  Bruins Coaching?  Bruins But NAS, the Caps won the season series!  WHO CARES?  They only played four games and one ended in a shootout.  So, really, that game is still going on in the playoffs.  In those four games, Vokoun played three and Neuvrith played one.  Guess what?  Neither of them are in the playoffs!  Their green horn third string goalie will be in...and somehow people are afraid of HIM!  Oh, no!  A crappy AHL goalie!  If Thomas and Rask were out, do you think any opponent's fans would be comparing Khudobin to Penney or Dryden?  Of course not.  STOP IT!  People are "scared" of Ovechkin.  Someone wrote about his down season and how he'll tear it up in the playoffs because he's embarrassed.  38 goals is no embarrassment, and the year before he had "only" 32.  How has Mr. Scary done against the B's lately?  Over the last two years, he's played seven against the Black and Gold.  ONE GOAL.  Boo!  Very, very scary! The Bruins are better at all aspects of the game. Be proud, B's fans.  The Caps are going to get smoked.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE

The Caps are going to get smoked, huh NAS? Bullsheet. I knew this was going to be a battle. Anyone who thought this was going to be a cakewalk doesn't know hockey nearly as much as they think. Talking out your a s s again, huh NAS. Nothing new there.

5 periods, no goals, Holtby looks great. I still think the Bruins will prevail in the series, but don't kid yourselves. This could easily go 7. The Caps are not a pushover, despite what know-it-all-NAS says.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i'm as positive as they come, but i'm not going to play the overconfidence game. I really think fans continue to take the Caps for granted, and I think that is juvenile thinking. It's not easy to watch this series so far, except that I think it's been very good playoff hockey. It's too much heart-racing. Let's win in OT. Go B's!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i'm as positive as they come, but i'm not going to play the overconfidence game. I really think fans continue to take the Caps for granted, and I think that is juvenile thinking. It's not easy to watch this series so far, except that I think it's been very good playoff hockey. It's too much heart-racing. Let's win in OT. Go B's!
    Posted by dannycater

If I decided to be a worrywart like you, would the outcome be different?

I love this Bruins team!  I have no problems with 11 of 12 forwards, five of six defensemen and the goaltender.  They won the first game and are a goal away form winning the second one.

Let's go Bruins!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't think it makes you a bad fan or worry wart just because you have some apprehensiveness. These feelings are there because, not only of history, but Bruins history. Those of us that are over 40 have had stakes thru the heart so many different times. Those in the 20-30 range have it even worse, because with the exception of last season, they've had nothing but disappointments. With the majority of them coming from a no name, or young goalie coming in & stealing a series.

Sections
Shortcuts