Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]i'm as positive as they come, but i'm not going to play the overconfidence game. I really think fans continue to take the Caps for granted, and I think that is juvenile thinking. It's not easy to watch this series so far, except that I think it's been very good playoff hockey. It's too much heart-racing. Let's win in OT. Go B's!
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    That's what makes playoff hockey special. I love being on the edge of my seat. The core of this team won 3 game 7's last year so they know how to win a series. Call me a fool but I'm just not ready to worry yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]Which team is better? Offense?  Bruins Defense?  Bruins Goaltending?  Bruins Special Teams?  Bruins Coaching?  Bruins But NAS, the Caps won the season series!  WHO CARES?  They only played four games and one ended in a shootout.  So, really, that game is still going on in the playoffs.  In those four games, Vokoun played three and Neuvrith played one.  Guess what?  Neither of them are in the playoffs!  Their green horn third string goalie will be in...and somehow people are afraid of HIM!  Oh, no!  A crappy AHL goalie!  If Thomas and Rask were out, do you think any opponent's fans would be comparing Khudobin to Penney or Dryden?  Of course not.  STOP IT!  People are "scared" of Ovechkin.  Someone wrote about his down season and how he'll tear it up in the playoffs because he's embarrassed.  38 goals is no embarrassment, and the year before he had "only" 32.  How has Mr. Scary done against the B's lately?  Over the last two years, he's played seven against the Black and Gold.  ONE GOAL.  Boo!  Very, very scary! The Bruins are better at all aspects of the game. Be proud, B's fans.  The Caps are going to get smoked.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Quite a smokin' series so far.

Can't wait to see how well it goes in DC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1-1 with only a goal from being 2-0!

Much better than the fakers in Vancouver!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS:
    [QUOTE]1-1 with only a goal from being 2-0! Much better than the fakers in Vancouver!

...and better than last year at this time.  Still, need to find legs.  Not skating nearly good enough. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Rather have the Bruins where they are than where the Pens and Canucks are right now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The top two lines are going to score. When they do, they'll start pouring them in. I would like to see a little more willingness to take the puck down low. Too many shots from the point and the top of the circles, of course, the Caps defense has had something to do with this, but, they are helping this goalie out with thte shots they are taking. He's played well, but I dont think he's faced the kind of shots the Bruins are capable of producing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We have us a series, thats not a bad thing. The B's now know that the Cap's aren't going away, and i'm sure they're o.k with that. The games will only get tougher from here on out and i for one think the Bruins will rise to the occasion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Which team is better? Offense?  Bruins Defense?  Bruins Goaltending?  Bruins Special Teams?  Bruins Coaching?  Bruins But NAS, the Caps won the season series!  WHO CARES?  They only played four games and one ended in a shootout.  So, really, that game is still going on in the playoffs.  In those four games, Vokoun played three and Neuvrith played one.  Guess what?  Neither of them are in the playoffs!  Their green horn third string goalie will be in...and somehow people are afraid of HIM!  Oh, no!  A crappy AHL goalie!  If Thomas and Rask were out, do you think any opponent's fans would be comparing Khudobin to Penney or Dryden?  Of course not.  STOP IT!  People are "scared" of Ovechkin.  Someone wrote about his down season and how he'll tear it up in the playoffs because he's embarrassed.  38 goals is no embarrassment, and the year before he had "only" 32.  How has Mr. Scary done against the B's lately?  Over the last two years, he's played seven against the Black and Gold.  ONE GOAL.  Boo!  Very, very scary! The Bruins are better at all aspects of the game. Be proud, B's fans.  The Caps are going to get smoked.
    Hey Nas, still not afraid of " the green horn third string goalie" or the " crappy AHL goalie" ? Sorry to tell you, but the Caps look to be in it for the long haul.
    It is one thing to be condfident, but it is just dumb to underestimate any opponent in the NHL playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : Hey Nas, still not afraid of " the green horn third string goalie" or the " crappy AHL goalie" ? Sorry to tell you, but the Caps look to be in it for the long haul. It is one thing to be condfident, but it is just dumb to underestimate any opponent in the NHL playoffs.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Sorry to tell you, but it's just dumb to think that if I underestimate any opponent in the NHL playoffs, it makes a difference in real life.

I love the fact that I'm being super positive and people are bent about it.  Boston fans are so ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

What B's fans think, positive or otherwise, has no bearing on what the players are thinking or how they will play or win/lose a series. I think the Bruins will handle the Caps and win the series, i don't think the B's care what i think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : Hey Nas, still not afraid of " the green horn third string goalie" or the " crappy AHL goalie" ? Sorry to tell you, but the Caps look to be in it for the long haul. It is one thing to be condfident, but it is just dumb to underestimate any opponent in the NHL playoffs.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

They are shooting into him.  Has he robbed someone of a goal?  Has he really even been challenged?  How many rebounds have had Bruins at his doorstep.

I see this series as how the Bruins are playing and not how the Caps are playing.  How many threatening shots has Ovie put on goal?

Bruins should be scoring at least 2-3 goals a game.  And if they did/do what they should do, they should put this series away in short order.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Seen this so many times before. Team that should win/dominate, doesn't, and the other team gains momentum, and confidence. Bruins need to go out next game and demonstrate their determination......and find ways to get pucks past Holtby, before he believes he's Dryden incarnated.

2 games decided in OT & double OT. Not a walk in gthe park by any means, and yes, I'm concerned, until I see the Bruins break the Caps back-end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Last year at this time, they were down 2-0, and the goalie they had to find a way to beat, was Carey Price.
    Holtby is NOT Carey Price.
    'Confidence is high'.
    ...And in the "things I never thought I would say" department, I have been impressed with the overall play of Denis Wideman Surprised.
    There. I said it. I have to lie down now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]   Last year at this time, they were down 2-0, and the goalie they had to find a way to beat, was Carey Price. Holtby is NOT Carey Price. 'Confidence is high'. ...And in the "things I never thought I would say" department, I have been impressed with the overall play of Denis Wideman   . There. I said it. I have to lie down now.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

If the Bruins can't get any quality shots, or don't capitalize on their chances (Marchand had a beauty late in the game), they won't need Holtby to be Carey Price. But you're right, it looked alot worse after the first two games last year. We'll see how they play in Washington.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Who cares about the Pens and Canucks? Not me. I only care about this Bruins choke job. Caps will easily win 2 in DC. They have all the confidence now and the Bruins can't wait to play golf....I said it before the series began, those beards are going to be short.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I had known Dale Hunter was going to watch 1994 Devils 1-3-1 trap videos I might not have been so confident. Still waiting patiently for Lucic, Krejci, Peverley, Seguin and Marchand to wake from their sleep walk.

Time for the Bruins to get mad!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]If I had known Dale Hunter was going to watch 1994 Devils 1-3-1 trap videos I might not have been so confident. Still waiting patiently for Lucic, Krejci, Peverley, Seguin and Marchand to wake from their sleep walk. Time for the Bruins to get mad!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's the 1-4 defense.  At times the Bruin defenseman with the puck in his own end has time to take a coffee break because nobody on the Caps is coming in to forecheck . 
    It's called anti-Hockey.
    Hunter has convinced his players it's the only way to beat the Bruins. He's watched games against the Rangers, applied it on the last game these two played and has it instilled in for the playoffs.
    Only hope of change is they're at home and get away a little from this system.
    Although if the Bruins score first then I think the Caps will open up and hope the Bruins take advantage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

B's play a more relaxed game on the road, or seem to pounce on opportunities much better. It should lead to some open space. Julien and his coaches will work in a better approach. With that said, I have never read anything more ignorant than the posts about Holtby. He's an AHLer, he has no business, blah, blah, blah. He's got an 0.80 or whatever goals against average in two games on the road. I am taking the guy as seriously as possible. He tried to poke check on the one goal in game 2, otherwise he was perfect. Again, I am a believer, I am a confident fan, but I'm not naive, and this series is a battle that will be won ultimately by how the B's respond to the adversity. Another ridiculous post from earlier here was the downplay of Ovechkin's influence. Guy was the best player on the ice all game 2. Seguin looks like an AHLer himself in comparison. Seguin better start playing like the All-Star he was in the reg. season. Team needs to respond.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]B's play a more relaxed game on the road, or seem to pounce on opportunities much better. It should lead to some open space. Julien and his coaches will work in a better approach. With that said, I have never read anything more ignorant than the posts about Holtby. He's an AHLer, he has no business, blah, blah, blah. He's got an 0.80 or whatever goals against average in two games on the road. I am taking the guy as seriously as possible. He tried to poke check on the one goal in game 2, otherwise he was perfect. Again, I am a believer, I am a confident fan, but I'm not naive, and this series is a battle that will be won ultimately by how the B's respond to the adversity. Another ridiculous post from earlier here was the downplay of Ovechkin's influence. Guy was the best player on the ice all game 2. Seguin looks like an AHLer himself in comparison. Seguin better start playing like the All-Star he was in the reg. season. Team needs to respond.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lots of e-ink on a very simple point - the Bruins need their top players to find the net.  People want to come down on Seguin and hey, yeah, he's their top scorer in the regular season, but he's waaaay down on my list of guys who need to remember what the playoffs are all about.  I don't mind as long as they're workign at it - it makes sense to ramp up slowly in a way, and you want to get faster and higher energy, but you have to stay in control and play your game still or you end up like Pitt v. Pha.

The list of forwards starts Krejci and Lucic are at the top of the list, then add Bergeron and Marchand, then probably Peverley even ahead of Seguin.  But just like last year, the D has to be better at making quick passes and getting the puck to forwards who can break down the trap.  Remember the game winner in the 1-0 game v. Tampa - a good turn-around play that let the Bruins attack with speed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Really Missing Mark Recchi IMO.

I stated it a few threads earlier, if the offense continues to sputter, I would be switching up the lines. You just have to get Lucic & Krejci going if this team is going to have any shot. Promote Pouliot, demote peverley,

Segs-Krejci-Lucic  or Segs-Krejci-Pouliot

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worry Warts, People Who Are Scared and Non-Believers: READ THIS : Sorry to tell you, but it's just dumb to think that if I underestimate any opponent in the NHL playoffs, it makes a difference in real life. I love the fact that I'm being super positive and people are bent about it.  Boston fans are so ridiculous.

Conversely, why do you care so much if other fans are worried or nervous about a series? Your comments are so hypocritical its laughable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Does a 6 game series (minimum), with 4 very close games and tied after 4, constitute getting smoked.  If so the B's still have an opportunity to confirm your bold statements.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Remember the sad sack 2011 Habs took the B's to double overtime of the 7th game before being eliminated. This series is still very winnable, especially if the B's goalscorers finally get going.