worst deal of free agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: worst deal of free agency

This isn't the worst deal.  It just shows where the Caschmucks are at.  Well done, Gillis.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/crunched+Vancouver+Canucks+sign+Yannick/8622342/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Anything involving this guy.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676947

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Couldnt agree more RHO. Western Conference, look out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

Haha. As much as I hate that puk€, maybe the best reason to sign him is so he can't hurt any of your players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Worst deal : Nathan Horton 

fragile, bad shoulders, not the same since his concussion ....terrible decision from Columbus to sign him for 7 years....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Couldnt agree more RHO. Western Conference, look out.

I've been trying to discover what he did years ago to prompt this quote from him, kel but without success: "There are probably a lot of fans [in Minnesota] who might not be too fond of me from my days in Vancouver," Cooke said.  I have no doubt it was a series of of actions that helped build his scummy rep prior to his reformation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Worst deal : Nathan Horton 

fragile, bad shoulders, not the same since his concussion ....terrible decision from Columbus to sign him for 7 years....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

I thought Horton was playing great till he screwed his shoulder up .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stourque's comment:

Haha. As much as I hate that puk€, maybe the best reason to sign him is so he can't hurt any of your players.

If Chiarelli has problems with Seguin's behaviour he'd never stoop so low as to bring this mug to Boston.  Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres in the same conference.  Some company better produce a titanium helmet fast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It is easily Clarkson.  5.25 million per year for seven years for a guy who has scored over 20 goals and over 40 points once in his career is just silly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I've been trying to discover what he did years ago to prompt this quote from him, kel but without success: "There are probably a lot of fans [in Minnesota] who might not be too fond of me from my days in Vancouver," Cooke said.  I have no doubt it was a series of of actions that helped build his scummy rep prior to his reformation.

He was wicked dirty.  It wasn't a single action, but more of a constant thing.  Imagine what Marchand did to Vancouver happening in every game in every city.  That

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i still say clowe, 5 years 4.8 million 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i still say clowe, 5 years 4.8 million 

This one is amazingly awful to me right now.  How a team can commit to a five year deal with a guy coming off a three goal season is beyond me.  However, if he returns to 80% form, it's a good deal.  We'll have to see about this one in a year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He was wicked dirty.  It wasn't a single action, but more of a constant thing.  Imagine what Marchand did to Vancouver happening in every game in every city.  That

Too bad he's no longer a Pen as I'd love to hear Lemieux speak out on violence in the game as he did a couple of years ago.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

maybe term is long on Clowe's deal but 4.85 in 3-4 years will be what good 3rd liners make. 4.85 is todays 3M

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Review of some of UFAs from last year.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Turns out Clarkson was the worst deal, and I end up looking like a fool on Komiserek (again).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Turns out Clarkson was the worst deal, and I end up looking like a fool on Komiserek (again).

Perhaps Clarkson will turn it around in year 2 and you will be vindicated, no?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A one year, $700K deal was a great roll of the dice on Komisarek.  It's NHL pennies and disappears quickly.  Clarkson, Clowe, Horton...those are bad deals.

Horton with four goals in 35 games and failed to stay healthy for the playoffs.  No hard feelings towards these players.  The GMs who signed them should be dragged out back and shot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wasn't meant to call anyone out or anything, just wanted see what we had talked about. I think I might have mentioned Lucic's punching bag might finally turn things around on another thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Clowe doubled his goal production!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Perhaps Clarkson will turn it around in year 2 and you will be vindicated, no?

No.Clarkson was just a bad overpayment,30 gls an aberration with NJ,the Lerfs are stuck with him and Callahan & Vanish will be this years overpayment,at least Vanish has a track record of scoring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very true, Clarkson is a ridiculous overpayment but he certainly is not as bad as he appeared last season.

I am thinking TO will dump him on a team that needs to get to the cap floor. I hear Buffalo is having some difficulty n this regard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Very true, Clarkson is a ridiculous overpayment but he certainly is not as bad as he appeared last season.

I am thinking TO will dump him on a team that needs to get to the cap floor. I hear Buffalo is having some difficulty n this regard.

I think the Lerfs would be all over that if they could find a team to take him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

When in doubt just call Snow....

Sections
Shortcuts